Become a Patron!

eVic VT w/ eGo One Mega Tank -- Vape a Tank per day 2 much?

I vape a tank per day of juice of 6mg nicotine, everyone says 12mg would be nasty. I use max vg with it because I don't like the pg taste. But I vape about a tank of 6mg max vg juice with Titanium on temp control around 500-540F depending on the juice. I also have Kanthol but Titanium is much smoother to me, but is a whole tank of 6mg per day too much vapors?

Froggie1rw

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It really depends on how many cigs you smoked before switching to vaping. I smoked a pack a day and when I used that tank on my mini I went through about 1.5 tanks a day. I know others on here who go through 30ml of juice a day. It really depends on the person and how much nic they want.

Edit to add: Yes 12mg of nic would be super strong in a sub ohm tank. If you want to use 12mg nic you need to use a coil above 1 ohm. If you want to stay sub ohm switch to ss316 at about .5 ohm. I think ss is much smoother than titanium. I also have a tank that has a ceramic head and it is smoother than ss imo.

Last edited:
Thanks for the informational response!! And I got me a signature like yours, its nice to know how much money you save over time. Hard to say how much I spend on juice. Its not very much and its primo. My friend knows the owner :) :3 - But thanks for the info.

I want a new mod and was thinking about getting the new Joyetech Cuboid 100w or 150w that is upgradeable to 200w. Its on sale but I just don't know if I would be able to know what coils to get for it. Does the coil have to match the tank or the mod? I know most tanks fit most mods but the coils I just can't wrap my brain around.

Mods if this is in the wrong place I apologize for my noobness, feel free to move.

EDIT: And the reason I posted here is I vape a lot, about a tank per day of 6 nic which is fine I love vaping I just don't want to vaping too much. It sounds like its pretty normal if people are vaping 30ml at once. :p That makes me feel a lot better but yeah, sometimes it gets pretty warm and I was just wondering if it was safe.

Froggie1rw

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You're welcome. Welcome to Vaping Underground. A lot of info to be found here.

As to the new mod, I was looking at the Cuboid but ended up getting the rx200, I like the way it fits my hand better than the Cuboid is all. Runs the same circuit board as the Cuboid, is 200w and is upgradeable also. Any tank can fit any mode, but coils are dependent on the tank. Say you decide to get the Cubis tank, the coils for it are not interchangeable with and other tank. I replaced my mega one tank with the Cubis because it is virtually spill proof and top fill so it's good to drop in my purse and head to work with, it sits on my evic mini. Now on the rx200 I have a HorizonTech Krixus tank which is also a top fill. This tank doesn't use metal coils, it uses ceramic. It ohms out at about .3 ohms and I run it at about 65w to start out a new coil and slowly build up from there to about 80w. It takes some break in time just like any coil. With the Cubis I usually use either the .5 ohm ss or the 1 ohm ss. The .5 ohm has a range of 15-30w and the 1 ohm has a range of 10-25w. You can also get clapton coils for the Cubis that are 1.5 ohm and the range is 8-20w. When you break in a new coil always start low on the wattage and build up to what is good for you no matter what tank you end up with, but do pay some attention to the upper limit. I don't really like Ti because of the possible danger of burning it and letting of toxic gas vapors if you dry hit it. Before deciding on a tank or mod browse through the forum and you will see why others like certain mods and tanks. The rx200 and the cuboid are popular, but there are many others out there with the same capabilities that are just as good that you might like better for you. Just like I liked the rx200 over the cuboid because of how it feels in my hand. If you have a good vape shop close by go take a look at mods and tanks and hopefully the staff is knowledgeable about their products, not just there to make money, but to help you make an informed decision also. You are not ready for mech mods yet so don't even think in that direction for your own and others safety. The tank you end up with will depend on whether you want big clouds or more flavor or both. Both the Cubis and the Krixus give me both, even though I run them at very different wattage. Find a tank that works for you though. I thought I would use the temp control mode most, but find myself using power/wattage mode all of the time now on both mods.

Sorry for the long paragraph but the info should help you understand a little better. A good section to check out on the forum is new vapors. A lot of really good info there. Another good section is mods and accessories. Ask questions in both of these sections. All the sections on this forum are awesome for there own reasons. All members here are happy to help.

Good luck and happy vaping

Froggie1rw

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That makes me feel a lot better but yeah, sometimes it gets pretty warm and I was just wondering if it was safe.

If the mod or tank start to get warm your hits will warm up accordingly. If you don't like it that warm just set it down for a couple of minutes and let it cool some. That's what I do when I find myself chain vaping. :)

Thanks for your treasure of information Froggie, it is invaluable to me as a new vapor. Eventually, I would love to get into making my own coils. All of the aspects of vaping interest me and your long paragraph gave me a wealth of knowledge I will perpetually have now. Thanks a ton!

EDIT: I may get your exact setup, it sounds very easy and accessible is what I like. A mixture of flavor and clouds is fine with me, im more 60/40 clouds, but its whatever :p I know the Cuboid is cheap right now, I mean they are both box mods and you say the ONLY thing is the way it fit in your hand, otherwise they are pretty much the same? And your tank takes a variety of different coils I take it. And I think its Nickel that has the poision, I stay away from that stuff, I don't know if Titanium is the same or not but its smoothe to me as well as the black kanthol for my evic. I liked all your post they are are great man thanks for teaching me so much and being patient. Most people are buttholes on forums to the newbs :p lol I have been there. And I have been one of those buttholes in my younger days. >_< Thanks for being cool man.

Froggie1rw

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I vape 70v/30p or 80v/20p. I like smooth versus throat hit. The only real difference between the cuboid and the rx200 is that the cuboid is 2 batteries and the rx200 is 3 batteries which determines the shape of the shape of the rx200, kind of like a rounded off diamond. Of course with 3 batteries the rx200 will last longer at higher wattage. I don't know of anyone that goes over 85 watts or so. I will be getting another set of batteries for my rx200 just for backup and to use in rotation. Charge 3, use 3, always the same set of 3 together so they are used uniformly.

If you get titanium too hot it will not only burn but out gas a poisonous vapor. Nickel has a much higher melt/burn temp so you would never out gas it. Try stainless steel, it is very smooth IMO. Use ss exclusively in my cubis. There is a really good thread about this in one of the sections, darned if I can remember where though right now lol.

People on here are different than on other forums. We like to help newbs not only get the setup that is right for them but to also vape safely.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I vape a tank per day of juice of 6mg nicotine, everyone says 12mg would be nasty. I use max vg with it because I don't like the pg taste. But I vape about a tank of 6mg max vg juice with Titanium on temp control around 500-540F depending on the juice. I also have Kanthol but Titanium is much smoother to me, but is a whole tank of 6mg per day too much vapors?

Welcome to VU!

I used to down 20 mls a day of 18g - and smoke a few cigarettes in between, lol.

I'm doing about 15 mls a day of 6 g, and finally gave up smoking for good last January.

The only real guideline for "too much" is if you feel negative side effects from the nicotine.

Vape on, dude.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You trying to make me jealous? I go through atleast 15ml a day. LOL CHEERS!

VU Sponsors