Become a Patron!

Evic vtc mini with uwell crown ss .5 coil question, please help!

MissTango

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello there,

On saturday I just got my first vape, the evic vtc mini from joytech, the guy at the shop gave me a uwell crown tank.
My question is, can I use the .50 ss coil he put in on the ss316 mode? Or do I keep it in power mode only?
The guy said I could switch between the two, but a coworker of mine said that TC is only used with Ni coils (the guy at the shop told me to toss it!)
So now Im very confused!

Some sode questions/notes: I've spent all weekend toying around with temp and watt settings between both modes to see what I like and now I'm worried I messed something up.

I just ordered a couple more .5 ss
replacement coils, was that a mistake?

Also what watt settings do you recomend for power mode?
If I can use ss316 tc mode, what watt and temp do you recomend?

I know this is like basic knowledge but Im so very new to this, I decided to start vaping to quit smoking.

Thank you all for your help!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The coils can be used either in TC in SS mode, as you were told, or in regular wattage mode. I use those coils around 50 watts in regular power mode, but be sure to prime them properly first:

I also don't bother with the Ni200 coils (which you would use on the Ni setting in TC mode), but some people do like them.

And welcome to the VU!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello there,

On saturday I just got my first vape, the evic vtc mini from joytech, the guy at the shop gave me a uwell crown tank.
My question is, can I use the .50 ss coil he put in on the ss316 mode? Or do I keep it in power mode only?
The guy said I could switch between the two, but a coworker of mine said that TC is only used with Ni coils (the guy at the shop told me to toss it!)
So now Im very confused!

Some sode questions/notes: I've spent all weekend toying around with temp and watt settings between both modes to see what I like and now I'm worried I messed something up.

I know this is like basic knowledge but Im so very new to this, I decided to start vaping to quit smoking.

Thank you all for your help![/QUOTE

Check youtube videos on the VTC Mini. Tons of good info out there

MissTango

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you so much!
I figured if there is a ss tc mode then i should be fine to use the coils, my co worker just threw me off lol.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will do that thank you, this is all so new to me.

Your welcome, and glad you found us! (VU) I usually check out youtube reviews whenever I am interested in a mod, or tank, etc... to get an idea if it's something I'm interested in. Also might check out the authorized online retailers here on the forum when your looking to upgrade or looking for new gear. It will save you a ton compared to your local B/M, but it's good to support them too...:).

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
howdy! and welcome!

good choices on both mod and tank :) and yes, the evic vtc mini will do TC on the crowns SS coils (and do it pretty well)

personally, i still tend to use all of my ss coils in power modes, but that is just my preference

MissTango

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your welcome, and glad you found us! (VU) I usually check out youtube reviews whenever I am interested in a mod, or tank, etc... to get an idea if it's something I'm interested in. Also might check out the authorized online retailers here on the forum when your looking to upgrade or looking for new gear. It will save you a ton compared to your local
B/M, but it's good to support them too...:).

Alright ill be sure to check them out when I upgrade, thank you!

MissTango

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
howdy! and welcome!

good choices on both mod and tank :) and yes, the evic vtc mini will do TC on the crowns SS coils (and do it pretty well)

personally, i still tend to use all of my ss coils in power modes, but that is just my preference

Thank you!

Ive found that I like to switch between the 2, quite often

AnthonyMods

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpeg
Hello there,

So now Im very confused!

Thank you all for your help!

The crown is a great starter tank just make sure you put juice on the coils before using them and let them soak for awhile the cotton is very densely packed in thier. Stay away from any nickel (ni200) or titanium (Ti) coils as they can be very harmful to you if you don't know anything about how the metal reacts when it's heated and so you know they aren't any better than kanthal and stainless steel (SS) 316L coils. Kanthal coils are only for power mode and stainless steel or ss316L coils are for power mode and temp control and give off a much cleaner flavor IMO!!! Also Vape shops are great and I try to support them whenever I can but you really should price match thier e-liquids I know this is off topic but trust me Eliquid vendors are so over priced check out mt.bakervapor.com it is the perfect Eliquid site for beginners you can see tons of flavors that are super cheap and good my shop sells a 30ml for $20 and a 120ml for $50 Mt.Bakervapor.com sells 240ml for $40 start with a fruity juice like happy rancher or desert rain you will NEVER get sick of them! Tobacco and menthols are nothing like cigs, desserts are hit or miss and most fruits are delicious beginning to end even if you don't like them they are capable unlike other juices

Last edited:

AnthonyMods

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The coils can be used either in TC in SS mode, as you were told, or in regular wattage mode. I use those coils around 50 watts in regular power mode, but be sure to prime them properly first:

I also don't bother with the Ni200 coils (which you would use on the Ni setting in TC mode), but some people do like them.

And welcome to the VU!

Thanks for providing the newcomer with helpful, accurate information.

MissTango

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
View attachment 51303

The crown is a great starter tank just make sure you put juice on the coils before using them and let them soak for awhile the cotton is very densely packed in thier. Stay away from any nickel (ni200) or titanium (Ti) coils as they can be very harmful to you if you don't know anything about how the metal reacts when it's heated and so you know they aren't any better than kanthal and stainless steel (SS) 316L coils. Kanthal coils are only for power mode and stainless steel or ss316L coils are for power mode and temp control and give off a much cleaner flavor IMO!!! Also Vape shops are great and I try to support them whenever I can but you really should price match thier e-liquids I know this is off topic but trust me Eliquid vendors are so over priced check out mt.bakervapor.com it is the perfect Eliquid site for beginners you can see tons of flavors that are super cheap and good my shop sells a 30ml for $20 and a 120ml for $50 Mt.Bakervapor.com sells 240ml for $40 start with a fruity juice like happy rancher or desert rain you will NEVER get sick of them! Tobacco and menthols are nothing like cigs, desserts are hit or miss and most fruits are delicious beginning to end even if you don't like them they are capable unlike other juices

Thank you for all that, ill be sure to check out those sites for juices, i actually ordered a couple from vapordna but im sure ill buy some from other places too, i like varity.

AnthonyMods

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for all that, ill be sure to check out those sites for juices, i actually ordered a couple from vapordna but im sure ill buy some from other places too, i like varity.

Mt.bakervapor is great but I recommend either starting with small bottles or some of the mixes I tried. I like 80vg 20pg so I put 4 extra flavor shots in happy rancher but if you like 80pg 20vg you wouldn't want any flavoring shots at all. It's amazing that they have extra flavoring shots for people who love vg but it can confuse pg lovers

MissTango

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mt.bakervapor is great but I recommend either starting with small bottles or some of the mixes I tried. I like 80vg 20pg so I put 4 extra flavor shots in happy rancher but if you like 80pg 20vg you wouldn't want any flavoring shots at all. It's amazing that they have extra
flavoring shots for people who love vg but it can confuse pg lovers

Yeah I was a little confused on all that flavor shot stuff and just pg/vg ratios. I like big clouds but i love flavor more then anything. Like the juice i have now ive had for less then a week and i feel like Im getting to used to the flavor lol

VU Sponsors