Become a Patron!

Experimenting on Flavors

Vaperyan

VU Wholeseller
VU Wholeseller
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, DIYers.

Have you tried on experimenting on flavors which consist of not only 2 flavor combinations but 4? I am thinking of creating and duplicating taste experiences like for example Fruit Salad or Four Seasons, Banana Strawberry in Milk Chocolate. It may sound delish but when i am thinking to doing the process may not be able to reach my taste. I know it's a risk so any advice or sharing of same experiences will be highly appreciated!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes! The bet way is to taste them all individually. HIC taught me a good trick, which is to taste flavors in water, which helps to get a rough idea of mixes. Remember though that once you combine flavors you have to reduce the individual concentrations, otherwise you will have a percentage that can be so high you can lose the flavoring. I know, for instance, that I like Flavor Art flavors at a maximum total concentration of around 6-8%, so no matter how many flavors are in the total mix that's going to be my aim for the end result.

Vaperyan

VU Wholeseller
VU Wholeseller
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you AmandaD! So if I usually put 10% to 12% of flavor concentrates (I want High Strenght Flavor) I need my four flavors in 4% each so I can get a better result? That's logical then! What do you mean test them in water? how would I taste them?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, let's say you want 12%. You may not want them all equal strength, because you may want one flavor to be the most dominant, and one to be in the background. Think of cooking and adding spices. You can get an idea by putting these flavors in water in a tiny amount - all that does it help you to do fast tests without wasting nicotine base, but it's not necessary. Oh, and one thing to remember is that some chocolates burn easily, so you have to bear that in mind.

Vaperyan

VU Wholeseller
VU Wholeseller
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, let's say you want 12%. You may not want them all equal strength, because you may want one flavor to be the most dominant, and one to be in the background. Think of cooking and adding spices. You can get an idea by putting these flavors in water in a tiny amount - all that does it help you to do fast tests without wasting nicotine base, but it's not necessary. Oh, and one thing to remember is that some chocolates burn easily, so you have to bear that in mind.

Wow! That's pretty helpful! it makes sense!
Thanks a lot, AmandaD!

VU Sponsors