Become a Patron!

FA Pistachio(new)-What Have I Done?!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my bottle of FA Pistachio in the other day. It was one of those "what the hell" add on to the order. At first I just looked at the bottle for a long time. Then I said to myself, hummm? Pistachio Ice Cream. Needless to say, Pistachio is quite strong at 1%. So, this morning after whipping up some of HIC's proven recipes to get a grip on FA Caramel, Cardamon and a attempt on a Gooey Butter Bar using my new CAPs Butter Cream. Any way, I'm vaping on my pistachio Ice Cream thinking there's gotta be more I can do with this bottle of Pistachio. I can't let it meet the same fate as some of my other flavors and banish it the Isle of Misfits.
Well, it turns out this little 10ml bottle is going to keep me quite busy after finding and bookmarking......THIS. http://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/amazing-pistachio-desserts#.kap3ErkNr
WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE!:eek:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Make Pistachio Turkish Delight...

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's a really good find, Squonk. I'm a big fan of the little green nut but I believe I'd pass on Gorgonzola and Pistachio Shortbread.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you, I've been trying to nail just plain pistachio pudding with tfa, and just not there yet.It's really good in my pineapple fluff though. However, that's not what I'm here about. You mentioned Gooey Butter Bar? I have been trying to find a good gooey butter cake recipe, and I do have that Capella's Buttercream you were talking about.

Any chance on sharing? :oops::rolleyes:;) They don't have the correct emoticon, but I am batting my eyelashes at you furiously...tehehehehe

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you, I've been trying to nail just plain pistachio pudding with tfa, and just not there yet.It's really good in my pineapple fluff though. However, that's not what I'm here about. You mentioned Gooey Butter Bar? I have been trying to find a good gooey butter cake recipe, and I do have that Capella's Buttercream you were talking about.

Any chance on sharing? :oops::rolleyes:;) They don't have the correct emoticon, but I am batting my eyelashes at you furiously...tehehehehe
Well. I've been working on a Gooey Butter Bar and a Gooey Lemon Coconut Butter Bar. "SO FAR" I have this....
Gooey Butter Bar
Yellow Cake(FW) 3%
Butter Cream(CAP) 3.25%
Vanilla Custard V2(CAP) 3%
Greek Yogurt(TFA) 2%

For Coconut Lemon add/use
Up Butter Cream to 3.5%
Add FA Lemon Sicily 2%
Add FA Coconut 1.5%
(I made this version yesterday and it taste great on the finger taste test)

Remember. This has Vanilla Custard V2 and Lemon Sicily. Both of these flavors meld with time. Lemon Sicily will be fresher and more upfront fresh, but after time it really seems to weave itself into all the flavors wonderfully. As for CAPs Vanilla Custard V2, well it's what it is, just the nature of the beast.
I Mixed up a tester of CAPs Sweet Mango @ 10% stand alone(love it-different subject)and bet it would a nice alternative to lemon.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got my bottle of FA Pistachio in the other day. It was one of those "what the hell" add on to the order. At first I just looked at the bottle for a long time. Then I said to myself, hummm? Pistachio Ice Cream. Needless to say, Pistachio is quite strong at 1%. So, this morning after whipping up some of HIC's proven recipes to get a grip on FA Caramel, Cardamon and a attempt on a Gooey Butter Bar using my new CAPs Butter Cream. Any way, I'm vaping on my pistachio Ice Cream thinking there's gotta be more I can do with this bottle of Pistachio. I can't let it meet the same fate as some of my other flavors and banish it the Isle of Misfits.
Well, it turns out this little 10ml bottle is going to keep me quite busy after finding and bookmarking......THIS. http://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/amazing-pistachio-desserts#.kap3ErkNr
WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE!:eek:
I love Pistachio's but I have yet to find a reason in the vape world for it.. maybe like Pistachio bacon suprise. :)

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love Pistachio's but I have yet to find a reason in the vape world for it.. maybe like Pistachio bacon suprise. :)
I felt the same way. But it surprised the hell out of me. Some of my favorite flavors have been the ones I ordered on a whim. Then again some that I thought I must have, have been complete disappointments.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well. I've been working on a Gooey Butter Bar and a Gooey Lemon Coconut Butter Bar. "SO FAR" I have this....
Gooey Butter Bar
Yellow Cake(FW) 3%
Butter Cream(CAP) 3.25%
Vanilla Custard V2(CAP) 3%
Greek Yogurt(TFA) 2%

For Coconut Lemon add/use
Up Butter Cream to 3.5%
Add FA Lemon Sicily 2%
Add FA Coconut 1.5%
(I made this version yesterday and it taste great on the finger taste test)

Remember. This has Vanilla Custard V2 and Lemon Sicily. Both of these flavors meld with time. Lemon Sicily will be fresher and more upfront fresh, but after time it really seems to weave itself into all the flavors wonderfully. As for CAPs Vanilla Custard V2, well it's what it is, just the nature of the beast.
I Mixed up a tester of CAPs Sweet Mango @ 10% stand alone(love it-different subject)and bet it would a nice alternative to lemon.

Thank you thank you! Have everything but the yogurt, and I will sub v2 with v1. Adding it to my list, although maybe try to sub LA Cream Cheese icing for it? Most recipes (real bars) have cream cheese, and I'm sure the yogurt gives it that tanginess. Will try it with the yogurt once it arrives, and also a second version with a hint of meringue to give it the powdered sugar dusting. And try the Lorann's til it gets here...so excited, tytyty. Lover Butter Bars!Love the lemon and coconut too, going to try both of them.Sounds yummy!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you thank you! Have everything but the yogurt, and I will sub v2 with v1. Adding it to my list, although maybe try to sub LA Cream Cheese icing for it? Most recipes (real bars) have cream cheese, and I'm sure the yogurt gives it that tanginess. Will try it with the yogurt once it arrives, and also a second version with a hint of meringue to give it the powdered sugar dusting. And try the Lorann's til it gets here...so excited, tytyty. Lover Butter Bars!Love the lemon and coconut too, going to try both of them.Sounds yummy!
I actually used yogurt as a sub for the cream cheese because I have no cream cheese but it works. It adds just the right touch of very slight tang and creaminess almost like sour cream would.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
I have a small bottle of Caps Greek Yogurt and haven't tried it yet. The odor alone has made me skeptical. There may be hope after all for this stuff. Thanks for the ideas here.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still working on this one. I think the Lemon coconut version may work better with FA Custard since it already has some lemon notes. CAPs Vanilla custard V2 seems to drown out the coconut and muddle the lemon after it sits. FA custard is just cleaner than CAPs. It seems every time I use CAPs VCV2, it somehow works it's way up front and steals the show. I did use FA Custard in my first version @ 1.5% and may bring it up to 2.5%. I also tried FA Coconut @ .5% and will bring that up to 1.5-2%. I'm still playing with the Butter Cream and Yellow Cake%'s and I'm thinking of possibly bringing some Vanilla Cupcake into the mix in later versions. If your working on this recipe, please let me know what is and isn't working for you. I really feel this one worth working on.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm still working on this one. I think the Lemon coconut version may work better with FA Custard since it already has some lemon notes. CAPs Vanilla custard V2 seems to drown out the coconut and muddle the lemon after it sits. FA custard is just cleaner than CAPs. It seems every time I use CAPs VCV2, it somehow works it's way up front and steals the show. I did use FA Custard in my first version @ 1.5% and may bring it up to 2.5%. I also tried FA Coconut @ .5% and will bring that up to 1.5-2%. I'm still playing with the Butter Cream and Yellow Cake%'s and I'm thinking of possibly bringing some Vanilla Cupcake into the mix in later versions. If your working on this recipe, please let me know what is and isn't working for you. I really feel this one worth working on.
I haven't mixed them up yet. Been a busy weekend. I'm going to mix them tonight, along with another recipe I found online to try. I will let you know how it turns out with the cream cheese icing. Haven't gotten the yogurt yet, and tbh, not sure I will. I've heard it's similar to cheesecake without the sweetness, and so far I can't stand the stuff. It tastes like sour milk to me. Even in low %. And I love the real thing, so really sad about it. Anyway, do you steep it, and for how long? I usually steep anything with custard for at least 4 weeks?

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyway, do you steep it, and for how long? I usually steep anything with custard for at least 4 weeks?
I usually try after 2 days then 4 and 6 just to get an ideal where it's headed and taking notes along the way. Let me know how the cream cheese icing works. Once I feel I have a keeper then I'll mix up a 30ml batch and put in in my box to steep longer and give it a try once a week or so while it steeps.

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wonder if a pistachio almond cream would work. There's a place here that hand mixes ice cream, and that's one of their flavors. It's, well, I'd say laced with **** maybe, I can eat it until I'm sick to my stomach!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the taste of FA Pistacchio. I ordered a bottle from a vendor which rebottles flavours and I just want to make sure how you perceive the smell/taste of the flavour, because to me it seems a bit off - and that usually isn't the case with Flavourart flavours.

To me, it has this chemical smell, I don't really get pistachio from it. It is not unpleasant, but quite sharp. It stays with you after a whiff, if that makes any sense.

Tastewise, I haven't done any single flavour (which I should) but just added it to a mix with FA Glory and FA Marshmallow at 1% and it really took over everything.

Now, I haven't allowed it to steep yet, but 1.5% Glory , 1.5 Marshmallow and 1% Pistachio is what I tried. And what I now taste is mostly that somewhat weird chemical/artifical taste. Maybe there's like a note of what I perceive is pistachio there. In my opinion, Glory is quite potent and I'm suprised it sort of disappeared.

I see you've used it at 0.5% and maybe that's where I need to go.

Does anyone have more insight on the fickle nature of FA Pistacchio?

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Regarding the taste of FA Pistacchio. I ordered a bottle from a vendor which rebottles flavours and I just want to make sure how you perceive the smell/taste of the flavour, because to me it seems a bit off - and that usually isn't the case with Flavourart flavours.

To me, it has this chemical smell, I don't really get pistachio from it. It is not unpleasant, but quite sharp. It stays with you after a whiff, if that makes any sense.

Tastewise, I haven't done any single flavour (which I should) but just added it to a mix with FA Glory and FA Marshmallow at 1% and it really took over everything.

Now, I haven't allowed it to steep yet, but 1.5% Glory , 1.5 Marshmallow and 1% Pistachio is what I tried. And what I now taste is mostly that somewhat weird chemical/artifical taste. Maybe there's like a note of what I perceive is pistachio there. In my opinion, Glory is quite potent and I'm suprised it sort of disappeared.

I see you've used it at 0.5% and maybe that's where I need to go.

Does anyone have more insight on the fickle nature of FA Pistacchio?
1% is strong. Try .5%-.75% and perhaps add a little almond, hazelnut or vanilla.

Thank you, I'll try diluting the mix to 0.5% and maybe raise the percentage of Glory. Thought about adding a little marzipan for that sugary bitter almonds. Might add vanilla but don't want to stray too far from like a pistachio-nut tobacco.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you, I'll try diluting the mix to 0.5% and maybe raise the percentage of Glory. Thought about adding a little marzipan for that sugary bitter almonds. Might add vanilla but don't want to stray too far from like a pistachio-nut tobacco.
I'm not into tobacco flavors. I forgot to mention Marzipan, but it's some really good stuff and that's why I replaced Almond with it in my Pistachio Ice Cream. http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/pistachio-ice-cream.141366/

VU Sponsors