Become a Patron!

Facebook at it again locking accounts asking for government ID

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not surprised at this coming from you. You're the guy who advocated for the cop in the video who raped a lady.
You're an abusive piece of scrap. I'm hoping yer' booted out for your bigoted BS.
As much as I agree with that...

It is time to move on from that topic.
He will say many more things that will get everyone's panties in a bunch. You can bet on that.
But the cop topic has been beaten dead.

Mr. Mad

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i honestly just started this thread to give folks a heads up on whats going on out there and well it escalated quickly lol tonight's show starts in a little while hope i win the 1k !!!!!!

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes that is exactly what i am thinking i am hoping they are watching and reading or you will use your super troll powers and save me powerful one !
What is the point of the thread? Are you under 13? Is that why you can't get on FB? It sounds like that is the case...

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i honestly just started this thread to give folks a heads up on whats going on out there and well it escalated quickly lol tonight's show starts in a little while hope i win the 1k !!!!!!
Yes but with every thread @stevegmu responds to firestarters show up. And can be one at times. I hold a grudge against anyone that calls my wife fat without knowing me or her. But sometimes enough is enough. And I have more terrible things in my mind then to antagonize @stevemgu

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not surprised at this coming from you. You're the guy who advocated for the cop in the video who raped a lady.
You're an abusive piece of scrap. I'm hoping yer' booted out for your bigoted BS.
I don't discriminate. A-holes are a-holes; man, woman, other...

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why * does * anyone * still * use * Facebook?

Seriously, the last update I saw in the Terms of Use was years ago. I had just created an account, and deleted it as soon as I read the terms of use. There is simply no reason that ANYONE needs that much data on someone. Unless it's to make money. And we all know a verified account is worth double a unverified account.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
tumblr_misveb06hY1qlrd2qo1_250_zps8c13033e.gif
how do you get your butt cheeks to do that

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Seriously, the last update I saw in the Terms of Use was years ago. I had just created an account, and deleted it as soon as I read the terms of use. There is simply no reason that ANYONE needs that much data on someone. Unless it's to make money. And we all know a verified account is worth double a unverified account.
Facebook=Best government tracking program ever created!

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
That's a no sh***er! I can't block them on my phone. But they get nothing from my PC, unless they buy it from others.

You can rot or jailbreak your phone and delete all of that Facebook crap.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Or just buy a phone that doesn't have all that bloatware included, in the first place.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

FB Messenger is a wonderful messaging program...

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can rot or jailbreak your phone and delete all of that Facebook crap.

Oh ye of so little faith. Coming to THIS forum imparts FB cookies to your browser, unless you have them completely blocked. FB tracks across any website that utilizes it's little SPYcon logo.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh ye of so little faith. Coming to THIS forum imparts FB cookies to your browser, unless you have them completely blocked. FB tracks across any website that utilizes it's little SPYcon logo.
Yeah, it's one of the ways this site makes money from members...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Encrypted messages and nicely done. ;) It's free, but they offer paid models for commercial use.
I think the problem for me switching to another messaging host, is the people I message with are not in the US and all use FB...

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think the problem for me switching to another messaging host, is the people I message with are not in the US and all use FB...

All the more reason to use encryption. But, whatever floats your boat. I'm not much on social media, except what you see here. And I'm damn sure not all about sharing everything with someone with sells that information with others. I've even quit giving money to charities in my name. Your personal information is worth more to them, than any donation you'll ever make.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All the more reason to use encryption. But, whatever floats your boat. I'm not much on social media, except what you see here. And I'm damn sure not all about sharing everything with someone with sells that information with others. I've even quit giving money to charities in my name. Your personal information is worth more to them, than any donation you'll ever make.
There are ways to limit what information is public, or simply not post much in the way of personal information...

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, they have not. That is a myth promulgated by right-wing nut-jobs that can't distinguish the difference between true liberal bias and non-right-wing-nut-jobbery. It's just like how liberals can't distinguish the difference between conservative bias and non-left-wing-nut-jobbery.
non-right-wing-nut-jobbery..LMAO..
I might resemble that

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I stay away from almost all social media
Most of it is pointless. I don't find the need to share my whole life with others...lol

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And lie, often ;)
That's why I only chat on Messenger with people I actually know, not 'internet friends...' FB Messenger is convenient for them, as it is easily accessible for those whose native language is not English...

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
That's why I only chat on Messenger with people I actually know, not 'internet friends...' FB Messenger is convenient for them, as it is easily accessible for those whose native language is not English...

Even then I prefer to use other apps like LINE.It just seems as if they gather less information about you.

gashadokuro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd think it would be because someone reported you. I've had my fb account for quite some time and don't recall ever having to verify anything. Then I happen to get in a debate with someone (I believe it was about anonymous) and happen to get that notification about verifying my account, which I did. I just think the person I was debating with just got butthurt and wanted to try to get my account locked, and failed.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No one is forcing you or anyone else to use FB...

That is true however employers are more and more implementing an unwritten rule that prospective employees must have social media presence. It's very hard to get a lot of jobs if you do not have a Facebook or LinkedIn account.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is true however employers are more and more implementing an unwritten rule that prospective employees must have social media presence. It's very hard to get a lot of jobs if you do not have a Facebook or LinkedIn account.

Never heard of such a thing. In what fields?

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Getting a decent job these days requires networking and anymore networking involves social media. No social media presence -> no networking -> no job.

This was the plan all along. Let's call it the "pre-chip" era.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know some places actually want LinkedIn accounts to see your connections, too. The hospital where I worked encourage using their logo for FB and LinkedIn. Places used to search personal info on ya, maybe they still do, but times are definitely changing.

VU Sponsors