VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

I woke up today to find out my group with almost 50,000 members was deleted. The single biggest vaping group on Facebook.

Without a hint or preview... not even an email. Something I worked on for years was gone. I knew this day would come This does not just effect Vaporjoes but the entire community at large. The groups you all worked so hard on - will eventually be deleted.

This is why I started Vapingunderground. Eventually our social media will be ripped from us and we will need a place to communicate.

Not only Vaporjoes with 50,000 members but Mod Envy with 25,000 and Vaping Underground's group as well.

NEW GROUP (VAPORJOES) : https://www.facebook.com/groups/vaporjoes/
NEW GROUP (MOD ENVY): https://www.facebook.com/groups/modenvyshow/

Or domain names http://www.vaporjoesonfacebook.com and http://www.modenvy.net have already been updated.

ivxjksj3FDY

Click here to get more information on this deal....

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't see a reason mentioned for the group deletion yet you've already created a new group? I would think the new group would be subject to the same treatment unless you've done something differently that isn't obvious, at least not to me.

Granted I'm not Facebook savvy, I've objected to their privacy policies ( or rather the lack thereof ) and data mining practices from day one so I avoid it altogether but I am curious why they did this. Hopefully it's not just because it's a vaping group.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't see a reason mentioned for the group deletion yet you've already created a new group? I would think the new group would be subject to the same treatment unless you've done something differently that isn't obvious, at least not to me.

Granted I'm not Facebook savvy, I've objected to their privacy policies ( or rather the lack thereof ) and data mining practices from day one so I avoid it altogether but I am curious why they did this. Hopefully it's not just because it's a vaping group.

It's all about the money I'm sure. Lots of advertising in the VJ group and FB not getting a piece of that pie. There are a ton of other vaping groups and they haven't been bothered.

jj2

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Advocacy
The group that I formed (Vapors United) can't post any links to Vaping Underground on our Facebook page.

All future contest will be posted on our Web page and then posted on Facebook.

This really stinks a royal one!!!!

Joe sorry this happened. :(

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The DNA tc group is still running? Why is that

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The DNA tc group is still running? Why is that

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
I think we'll start seeing "bans" similar to eBay. FB started at the top. @VaporJoes was the largest FB group and ModEnvy was probably way up there too. I'm afraid they will start chipping away just like eBay. I'm not a FB person so it doesn't affect me directly, but it is sad that "good" information about vaping is being so "censored"!

sev7777

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If facebook isnt getting a cut, then peace out, as far as their concerned . Doesnt bother me. As long as VU is up and running, i wont be missing much from FB.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my search for cigarette smokers' pages - just to see if THEY'D been banned - I found a couple of pages dedicated to smoking "other stuff." How are Joe's pages deleted and those are not??

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Copy the link to this thread, then open up FB chat window with a friend, post link in chat window, and see what happens LOL

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I messaged it to myself in a chat window and immediately got a security warning that they're system deemed it "unsafe." But I tapped the link and it brought me to VU. Just wouldn't send it.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is what mine said. The clickable VU link disappeared, and tries to log me out.

**edit** it does log me out

vapingunderground.jpg

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow....maybe mine is an iPad thing. That's just wrong.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So those of you seeing that it's unsafe, let them know it's not! Robert's pic said so.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I followed the link Joe listed above, and FB said no such page. So I logged back into my page and it stopped me saying my computer was infected with malware, which is weird, because the only two places I've been is FB and VU. It forced me to download and run FB's security software "F-Secure". I downloaded it, ran it and this was the result. It's a java script exploit. You can google it and see what it does.

The FB security thing above, looks like it's real, and not just a way to get rid of vape related pages. Joe may want to somehow contact FB and talk to them about it.

malware removal.jpg

Nathan

Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Joe, I think a lot of these social media platforms are just anti e-cigs. I have had my VapingCheap tumbler blog removed and my Google+ page along with my Youtube account removed (their attached). I sent a ton of e-mails with no response, finally after months without a word from them they just re appeared. I think it was because I removed all the content from my Google+ page but I'm not sure.

Now I try to avoid spending too much time building community's on other people property, I don't like that they will just remove everything with out a word or explanation.

You were very wise to start VapingUnderground....the whole Sub-forum for link/banner exchange was brilliant marketing.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I followed the link Joe listed above, and FB said no such page. So I logged back into my page and it stopped me saying my computer was infected with malware, which is weird, because the only two places I've been is FB and VU. It forced me to download and run FB's security software "F-Secure". I downloaded it, ran it and this was the result. It's a java script exploit. You can google it and see what it does.

The FB security thing above, looks like it's real, and not just a way to get rid of vape related pages. Joe may want to somehow contact FB and talk to them about it.

View attachment 27268

Remove the Vapor Joes cookie and cach specific to Vapor joes and it should stop the warning
The cookie and cach is corrupted which facebook sees as a script error

F

fckaugust8th

Gosh, that bring to mind the communist regime. Here you search Google, there Google searches you!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Facistbook....zukenberg should be brought before the people's justice. I hope there's a corner of hell waiting for that prick.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Dude this is the internet we use. If you download an app, ESPECIALLY a facebook related one, in the fine print of what you're not reading but are pressing agree to anyway, you're giving them permission to basically plant a bug on your phone that runs through it with a fine toothed digital comb looking for anything they can use to sell to marketers.

Look I know that's most things, fucking affiliate links and all, but it's a reality. When you click on it, your cookies get raided to basically create ads that specifically cater to you. I can't knock this, it's fucking brilliant, but it's also kind of disturbing to think how little privacy you truly have.

As for the groups getting deleted, I saw a bunch of shit on this, the great 'purge' of 2015. People are so obsessed with hurting other people in this community sometimes. I mean shit talking and fighting is small scale bullshit, but stuff that leads to entire groups being taken down is just lunacy.

2016 people, the future is a blessing and a curse unfortunately.

If you really want to be as tinfoil hat as possible, run Tor for all your internet use and make sure you have damned near every extension or addon blocked, because those fuck you over too. Then just avoid anything popular on your phone.

Personally I don't mind affiliate links running cookies and shit, that's just their entire business model, but when it comes to Facebook if you shine a light on even the SMALL shit they pull you'll be disgusted. There's a great amount of information on this, proven information, not just here-say and conspiracy theory shit. The biggest corporations are the ones with the most skeletons in the closet, the bigger they are, the more ugly the shit they do in the shadows gets.

I think the reason the vaping community has a huge problem with infighting and such shit is because of the way everyone outside of the vaping community treats us. We're faced with having vaping taken out of our hands every day, people push propaganda against us every chance they get, we're hated by a lot of people for no good reason at all. When you back this many people into caves it's bound to get nasty just because of all the pent of oppression that gets flung on us.

Its hard to love thy neighbor when thy world roasts your community on the stake every single day. Sadly we all don't have the outlets and channels we'd like to fight back with, we're forced to use middlemen like CASAA and fucking bless them for the shit they do. But when you're left without an outlet for your rage against the people slandering you on an individual level, shit builds up inside of you that gets let out on those around you.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Guys the OP is close to a year old
August 2015

Even Tobacco related groups are allowed on facebook
It's right there in the TOS

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I know, I see a lot of VJ hate on Reddit because people evidently have nothing better to do with their lives, so I was aware this happened back in 2015.

VU Sponsors