Fasttech not Shipping?

vgpg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Greetings,

I've received plenty of parts for my mods and actually have bought mods off of fasttech, no issues.
Usually it takes 12-24 hours after I place my order for the item to be shipped from fasttech.

Now, I ordered a mechanical mod and it STILL hasn't shipped. And I mean it's been forever.
I ordered it on December 7, the payment is processed but the mod hasn't been shipped.

I purchased some attys as well 2 days after I placed my order for the mechanical mod and they're already shipped and dispatched to my location, so this convinces me that this is a stock issue.

Any comments? I've checked the whole website I can't find anything. I like fasttech and all but sometimes they can be a real let down...

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You need to make sure it is in stock when you order it. Post a link to what you are waiting for if you could.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FT's published availability dates are based on info they get from their suppliers. In the end, the suppliers get better margins from other buyers. So, FT orders don't get their highest priority.

So, if FT's published ship date keeps getting pushed, open a ticket and ask'm. They will not be able to give you an exact answer, but asking might help you plan accordingly.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not that this has anything to do with this order placed on Dec 7, but it's reasonable to think that with all the tensions currently between North Korea that items containing electronics coming from Asia might be considered suspect and that could, and I'm just hypothesizing here, could explain the many issues people have been having with Fast Tech delivery lately.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've made two orders since December and have received both, and I'm in CA. One contained a mech mod, but I did order that one separate from anything else. Once you check if the item is stocked, I would contact them. They have always gotten back to me right away.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I placed a couple of orders on December 1. Both shipped around the 3rd - one has arrived, the other hasn't!

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i wanted to cancel an order to change something and add some stuff and it shipped 30 min after I ordered it last night.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had items ship the next day when the stock indicated ships in 5 days, then I've also had items in stock ship out 15 days later. No Rhyme or Reason...

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FastTech has pretty much turned into a drop shipper of sorts. When I first started buying from them they mostly stocked what they advertised and shipped pretty promptly with the only real delay being the vagaries of various postal services. After Joe began pimping them the number of people aware of them grew exponentially as did their business. The number of items they offered grew just as fast. Rather than attempt to actually stock all the items they sell they began the "ships in XX days" method of comes in/goes out mini-presale marketing. This leaves them at the mercy of suppliers and shippers when it comes to actually meeting that projected shipping date. Other than the occasional "waiting for packaging" they still ship pretty quickly when they have something to ship. Whenever you purchase something that ships in however many days you are buying something they don't actually have and aren't in control of when they will. It's a roll of the dice.
Then of course there's "restocking" when they sold more than they thought and even when the first batch does show up in XX days you may wait another full cycle for yours.
Even so, I still order from them.

Last edited:

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've had some orders take a week or two to ship, some the next day. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of their suppliers it seems. So far I had a couple bad purchases (a leaky tank and a battery that didn't know what voltage it wanted to run at) , but other than that I've had pretty good success with them, even on non vaping items like some charging cables and even a phone case lol. Ordered some gloves on this last order for work, we shall see. However, I don't think I'd order a phone from them lol.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I think there may be some sort of holiday going on over there now hence a slowdown in shipping.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They show it as not in stock, they say they will get it in a few days....could be longer. When they show it as Ships in BLANK AMOUNT of days, it means that it will ship to them, then they give the arrival ETA for the item in their warehouse..If they actually have the item, it will only say, IN STOCK. If you contact them, you might be able to switch it out for another mod.

vgpg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They show it as not in stock, they say they will get it in a few days....could be longer. When they show it as Ships in BLANK AMOUNT of days, it means that it will ship to them, then they give the arrival ETA for the item in their warehouse..If they actually have the item, it will only say, IN STOCK. If you contact them, you might be able to switch it out for another mod.
Okay, but I do want this mod so i think I'll just wait it out, thanks :)

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a 50 watt box mod on order that was supposed to ship today (indicated ships next day) and they changed it to shipping in 15 days, so I cancelled and am getting a refund.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Angel Cigs or sites like it are a better option. (depending on what you're buying) They ship from the US so it's a lot quicker and the prices are about the same.

vgpg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay well I just checked and it says they will have their next shipment in 2 days from now.
Thanks everyone!

doughdreads

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will never order anything from Fasttech again. I ordered a couple of screwdriver sets, a set with an ohm reader, tweezers, coil jig and a few other odds and ends from them and about 2 weeks later they email me saying that it hasn't shipped because they were backordered even though they recoomended said products and no where on the site did they say they were out of stock. I got one of my screwdriver sets about a week and a half ago... 3 days ago I received an email saying that the rest of my order had shipped; checked the tracking... still in China... I placed this order back around mid-November.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Usually they ship in time, but now i have one item with "restocking" and with "sending in 5 days" for the last 2 weeks.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I never order anything from FT that I need or want in a hurry. I just adopt the attitude that it will get here when it gets here.

RoccoV

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They always slow at this time of the year in preparation for the new year. Once the holiday starts forget ordering anything in January. I got caught short big time in 2011 and have made sure to be stocked up by Thanksgiving ever since. Enjoy the day!

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lunar New Year in Asia is a really big holiday. It basically shuts Asia down for a few days while they party their butts off.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I placed an order that shipped at the beginning of December for a single drip tip (it was back ordered on another order). No tracking, and still no package! I've always had everything else in about two weeks!

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I only order from FT if it's cheap, otherwise expensive, and something I'm not in a hurry to get. I ordered the Marquis RDA clone from there for that reason.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I placed an order that shipped at the beginning of December for a single drip tip (it was back ordered on another order). No tracking, and still no package! I've always had everything else in about two weeks!
Well, I've got 2 orders sitting in Chicago for 5 days now. Out of ISC and delivered to the Chicago sort center.

VU Sponsors