Become a Patron!

Favorite batteries

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just was wondering what everyone's favorite 18650 batteries are. I have a few different types but the ones I use the most and have the most of are vtc4's. I mainly vape around 60-70 watts at a .2-.3 ohm duel Clapton. Just curious cause I am probably going to replace most of my batteries soon and just want to see what everyone likes.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the VTC4s as well. In fact, they are all I use (well, I have 1 purple Efest I got with my first starter kit that I still have and use in that kit). I have probably 20 or 30 of them. I like the 30 amp "limit" (yes I know its not a hard limit), as I pretty regularly go well over 20 most other batteries are at. Plus 101Vapes almost always has them for $8.99 a pair.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dam that's a deal! Are they legit? I keep hearing about the lg hg2. Was thinking about getting a few of those too for when I run lower watt builds

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dam that's a deal! Are they legit? I keep hearing about the lg hg2. Was thinking about getting a few of those too for when I run lower watt builds

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am kind of fond of my LG IMR 18650 3000 mAh but I also have a couple of sets of Samsung INR 18650-25R 2500 mAh that are just as good.

YMMV

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea theyre legit (seem to be anyways, Im no battery pro), like I said, Ive gotten almost 30 of em by now.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Purple Efest 18650 2600mAh. Purchased from my local vape shop. They are OK for my single battery use device. But one of them cost more then $8.99!

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the price for the vtc5 really worth the extra 600 mah? It's 8$ more a pair then the vtc4. And it's also weird all my vtc4 say they are 2100 mah and on 101vape they say 2000 mah

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Purple Efest 18650 2600mAh. Purchased from my local vape shop. They are OK for my single battery use device. But one of them cost more then $8.99!

And they are just rewrapped batteries with false advertising. Dont go over 20 amps on them even though they claim 35-40

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And they are just rewrapped batteries with false advertising. Dont go over 20 amps on them even though they claim 35-40
Thank you. I know they are rewrapped batteries and they say 40 amps on them. I vape at max 32watts with dual Clapton 0.3 ohm coils. Is that OK?

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which ones are rewraps? On mine I Can kind of see though the green wrap and see it says vtc4 and a few other things along with the 2100 mah

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. I know they are rewrapped batteries and they say 40 amps on them. I vape at max 32watts with dual Clapton 0.3 ohm coils. Is that OK?

32 watts on a 0.3 set up? That should be perfectly fine. 32 watts on that ohm coil is rather low and under powered. Thats only drawing 10 amps. Youd have to hit 120 watts on that set up to reach 20 amps.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
32 watts on a 0.3 set up? That should be perfectly fine. 32 watts on that ohm coil is rather low and under powered. Thats only drawing 10 amps. Youd have to hit 120 watts on that set up to reach 20 amps.
I thank you. Thought l'd try sub ohming proper but lungs said "No". So l said OK let's tootle puff with this set up now that l have purchased it. Lungs said "Lovely and don't be so stupid in the future!"

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok thought you meant my vtc4 that say 2100 mah are rewraps. It's just weird that the ones at 101 vape say 2000 mah. They might have just made a typo

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
just was wondering what everyone's favorite 18650 batteries are. I have a few different types but the ones I use the most and have the most of are vtc4's. I mainly vape around 60-70 watts at a .2-.3 ohm duel Clapton. Just curious cause I am probably going to replace most of my batteries soon and just want to see what everyone likes.
LG HB4 30amp 1500mAH 3.6 nominal volt 18650s. I love poppin' 3 of them fully charged into my RX200"S" and vaping a TF-S6 .4ohm coil at 85-90W or a .25ohm Dual 316 Stainless Steel coil at 110W. TFV4 tank and a Stentorian Steam Engine. I am being more cautious about the heat and potential lung burning that may occur at higher resistances and wattages especially with coils not specifically made for "cooler vapor". I'm surprised what 85W on an RX200S gets me, as far as cloud chasing goes, with a .4ohm coil. I guess it's made for cloud chasing though according to the description.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the VTC4s as well. In fact, they are all I use (well, I have 1 purple Efest I got with my first starter kit that I still have and use in that kit). I have probably 20 or 30 of them. I like the 30 amp "limit" (yes I know its not a hard limit), as I pretty regularly go well over 20 most other batteries are at. Plus 101Vapes almost always has them for $8.99 a pair.

Sony VTC4's are 23 Amps, "not" 30.

Always check with Mooch

Sony VTC4 2000mAh 18650 Retest Results...a great 23A 2100mAh battery
https://www.facebook.com/1636157550...828.1636157550007158/1693822717573974/?type=3
It also says one 101vape that the vtc5 are 30 amp thought they were 20

VTC5's are 20Amp

Sony VTC5 2500mAh 18650 Retest Results...a great 20A 2600mAh battery
https://www.facebook.com/1636157550...828.1636157550007158/1694725987483647/?type=3

caman24

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have 10 sony VTC5A coming next week. I am curious to see how these batteries perform. Testing looks awesome only downside only one supplier nkon

caman24

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have 10 sony VTC5A coming next week. I am curious to see how these batteries perform. Testing looks awesome only downside only one supplier nkon
VTC5A are 25amp

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like both Samsung 25R's, and LG HE2's... though the 2 batteries have pretty much identical specs, the HE2's seem to have slightly longer runtime. Both are 2500 mAh, 20A batteries, which can be pulsed to 35A. I never go anywhere near either limit, at 10w/2Ω, but I like having good safe batteries that will last me 2 days.

Andria

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First, build resistance has nothing to do with battery current when using a variable wattage mod.

Second, mooch bases his ratings on going below 3v when testing. Regulated mods don't allow draining batts that low and mech users pull them way before they get that low. When the test conditions don't reflect the conditions that exist when we actually use them....

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Authentic Samsung 25R or VCT4s.
No rewrap junk. Save those for torches (flashlights, etc.)
And for the high power boxes 4S LiPOs of various sizes. Those will really dish out the heat if you can take it. ;)

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
um 25 amps or more which isnt need but certain cells i know 100%are 30amps min. are better than the HD2s i bought then had horrible experience vaping 140W .15ohm coils at 22amps. sorry I hear this all the time but i am the one asking a question and it matters to me whether rational or not, my reason. thanks in advance for your potential understanding. cya man. let me know if you can find out if LG HD4s are 25amps or LG is exaggerating again like they sometimes do.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OKay then the guy above the last comment is saying use lithium polymer batteries cells in my RX200S, so I clearly don't want to come here for more than opinions. I was hoping for battery tests proving the amperage whatever it might be. I'm using all 30amp batteries by LG and Sony from before VTC4s were less difficult to find. So I'm OCD about amperage. Sorry. Don't let it spoil you day.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OKay then the guy above the last comment is saying use lithium polymer batteries cells in my RX200S, so I clearly don't want to come here for more than opinions. I was hoping for battery tests proving the amperage whatever it might be. I'm using all 30amp batteries by LG and Sony from before VTC4s were less difficult to find. So I'm OCD about amperage. Sorry. Don't let it spoil you day.

For actual specs, your best bet is a guy named Mooch, over at ECF. I don't think he posts here.

Andria

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a pair of LG HB6s for my mech.
For my regulated devices I have a few Samsung 25R2s and 25R5s a pair of 20Rs and a pair of 30Qs.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RX200S or any device that takes 18650s is not considered a high powered mod.
High powered mods will use lipo packs, super capacitors or a combination of both.

Single cell mech mods tend to be far weaker, but it's still somewhat of an art to get a coil that will produce the right balance of flavor, punch, charge (runtime) and be well within the margin of safe operating areas as well as prolong cell cycle expectancy (lifetime).

I hear talk of 300W on a single tube mech build(!) and this discussion clearly indicates an inadequate understanding of basic Ohm's law and power cell chemistry/capabilities.

This is why we have 200W (and higher) regulated devices with a pair of 18650s.

Or car audio amplifiers rated at 500W that have a 20A line fuse...

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My personal preference, like most, depends on use case.

For tube mechs (0.18 ohms and up) and single cell regulated mods I use a common pool of Samsung 25R. For dual cell series regulated mods I use LG HG2 and a couole sets of both 25R and HE4 I got before I bought the HG2.

The sets of cells for series also go in my Noisy cricket when I feel like Vaping that. If I want to go super sub ohm and use a heavier gauge wire or fancy Claptons I've got some HB6 for tubes and some more 25R and three sets of LG HD2.

The above choices just seemed logical to me based on specs. Amp limit being the dominating spec for mechs and a mix of sufficient t amp rating and capacity for regulated devices.

The only branded cell I own is the Aspire 1800mAh. Not a bad cell. Extremely consistent feeling g voltage delivery over a charge in a mech. These go in parallel. Can't get "ICR" out of my brain when it comes to these. Rather they be sharing gload in parallel than hanging solo.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@NickyGiaccone - Mooch's 18650 battery specs sheet

18650.jpeg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@NickyGiaccone - Mooch's 18650 battery specs sheet

18650.jpeg

Excellent find; I knew it was around somewhere. :D I dunno if others know this or not, I didn't know till I tried it, but if you click on the image, it'll show it to you in a different window, and let you zoom in so you can actually read it.

Andria

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Excellent find; I knew it was around somewhere. :D I dunno if others know this or not, I didn't know till I tried it, but if you click on the image, it'll show it to you in a different window, and let you zoom in so you can actually read it.

Andria
Thanks. I saved it because I found myself hunting it down so many times *laf*

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do y'all think the FDA is gonna go nazi on these batteries? I've got 2 paydays between now and Aug 8, and I'm just wondering if batteries is something I need to be stocking up on. These are so specific, it would be terrible if they became impossible to get.

Andria

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
18650s are a commodity cell used in everything from torches to Tesla cars. You'll be fine getting cells to Vape with :)

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do y'all think the FDA is gonna go nazi on these batteries? I've got 2 paydays between now and Aug 8, and I'm just wondering if batteries is something I need to be stocking up on. These are so specific, it would be terrible if they became impossible to get.

Andria
I've been wondering the same. I would think people like @Jon@LiionWholesale will remove any and all references to vaping from their site (such as on his blog) so that they can continue selling without any problems, and we can continue buying 'em.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Authentic Samsung 25R or VCT4s.
No rewrap junk. Save those for torches (flashlights, etc.)
And for the high power boxes 4S LiPOs of various sizes. Those will really dish out the heat if you can take it. ;)
RX200S or any device that takes 18650s is not considered a high powered mod.
High powered mods will use lipo packs, super capacitors or a combination of both.

Single cell mech mods tend to be far weaker, but it's still somewhat of an art to get a coil that will produce the right balance of flavor, punch, charge (runtime) and be well within the margin of safe operating areas as well as prolong cell cycle expectancy (lifetime).

I hear talk of 300W on a single tube mech build(!) and this discussion clearly indicates an inadequate understanding of basic Ohm's law and power cell chemistry/capabilities.

This is why we have 200W (and higher) regulated devices with a pair of 18650s.

Or car audio amplifiers rated at 500W that have a 20A line fuse...

Your bullshit impresses nobody.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
18650s are a commodity cell used in everything from torches to Tesla cars. You'll be fine getting cells to Vape with :)

Problem is some of the higher current cells are not actually marketed to (direct) consumer purchase. I suspect nothing will change other than verbiage on supplier sites. Those of us in need will actually still be able to procure them. At what price who knows.

noogie003

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
um 25 amps or more which isnt need but certain cells i know 100%are 30amps min. are better than the HD2s i bought then had horrible experience vaping 140W .15ohm coils at 22amps. sorry I hear this all the time but i am the one asking a question and it matters to me whether rational or not, my reason. thanks in advance for your potential understanding. cya man. let me know if you can find out if LG HD4s are 25amps or LG is exaggerating again like they sometimes do.
I almost want to apologize for your bad experience with hd2's, on unregulated mods they've given me the best performance out of any battery I've tried and that includes the hb6, my hd2s just hit so damn hard, run cool as a cucumber too.

Last edited:

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It'
I almost want to apologize for your bad experience with hd2's, on unregulated mods they've given me the best performance out of any battery I've tried and that includes the hb6, my hb2s just hit so damn hard, run cool as a cucumber too.
It's okay. I've ordered a set of three HD2C 2100mAH 25a (20-25amp) for when I'm not going to use the TFV8 Cloud Beast with Octuplet coils with the turbo stuff at .15ohms and depending on my liking, it's made to crank up toward 200W or greater but that's insane as far as my experience thus far has seemed. It's good to have new HB4s for that kind of stuff. OHMs Law. I checked and at those resistances and high wattages/voltages, the most amperage the safer. I'm soaking a new cleaned TFV4 TF-T3 triple coil in e-liquid for 30 minutes while I go shower. My store ran out of the new TF-T8 coils for the TFV4 and I just ordered a box. The videos aren't all in cohoots lying and using smoke and mirrors to push product for Smoktech. Some dude in his mom's basement showing how awesome the new Octuple coil for TFV4 tanks are and the vapor production I've NEVER SEEN. I need that in my life. The triple coils and stuff like that can be better off powered by LG HD2C 18650s. BTW for those wondering if you can continue charging the three batteries while they're inside the Wismec Reuleaux RX200/S, I've just heard the trick if charging becomes abnormal percentage wise, rotate the batteries completely and replace. Then resume charging with the power OFF so the horizontal bar towards the lower-middle of the screen is the only item display while plugged in for a charge. If it is dangerous, I will risk it. If it reduces battery performance or mAH much more quickly than average use over time, or even if it reduces performance of the device, I'll keep you posted. I think Wismec didn't want to suggest rotating the position of the batteries inside if charging becomes a bit funky even if it's the simplest fix and only needs to be done once every 5 charges. Keep you posted. Hope this triple coil is going to keep me satisfied tonight. Peace.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am quickly becoming a LG fan in the HE HB lines.
Got a few pairs of new yellow wrapped LGs HE4 that I am loving.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am quickly becoming a LG fan in the HE HB lines.
Got a few pairs of new yellow wrapped LGs HE4 that I am loving.

The HE2's have the same specs as the Samsung 25R's, but the HE2's definitely last longer. By far my favorite batteries.

Andria

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had my HG2s become very hot after some vaping. Plus I'm using so many watts that I feel safer with a min. 25amp cell.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Andria
Do stock up. RC cars, flashlights, and power tools are tobacco products :confused:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do stock up. RC cars, flashlights, and power tools are tobacco products :confused:

Seriously? I really can't see how that can be enforced. I can definitely see the big battery sellers removing any and all mentions of vaping/e-cigs, I just can't see them stopping selling those batteries completely.

Andria

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seriously? I really can't see how that can be enforced. I can definitely see the big battery sellers removing any and all mentions of vaping/e-cigs, I just can't see them stopping selling those batteries completely.

Andria
Andria, I think Jimi is being facetious. Funny if it wasn't so true about other common items i.e cotton, wire, vg,etc.. BTW, loving the yellow LG HE4's. Battery life has been fantastic in my P3.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, I think Jimi is being facetious. Funny if it wasn't so true about other common items i.e cotton, wire, vg,etc.. BTW, loving the yellow LG HE4's. Battery life has been fantastic in my P3.

I can't really see that this is a subject fit for levity of any sort. Considering that the motherfucking FDA is telling America that items which contain ZERO tobacco and are not made up of tobacco, are "tobacco products," ANYTHING is apparently possible. And the FDA also thinks the emperor is quite well dressed, apparently. :facepalm: But don't look, Ethel! That fucker is NEKKID!

Andria

VU Sponsors