Become a Patron!

FDA lets vaping flourish as it eyes crackdown on cigarettes

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not done yet but things are moving in the right direction. Sounds like the fda is going to focus more on who's selling e-cig products to kids as well as juice makers with packaging that's appealing to kids.

Looks like vapers did well in the comment period. Well done to those that actually took the time to comment, to those that did not I say Fuck you and your lazy ass. :)

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eww, "The Hill." Either way, good news all around. Despite the source, I'll take word of good news any day.

Here's hoping we see the end of juice makers using "too close" marketing, labels and advertising. I hate that shit. It's tacky, it looks terrible for the community, and it even smacks of slightly predatory in my book. Go after 'em, FDA... or whoever.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problem here is: it's a Federal Trade Commision issue - not FDA.

it still has smashed open the door to further draconian stupidity.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Eww, "The Hill." Either way, good news all around. Despite the source, I'll take word of good news any day.

Here's hoping we see the end of juice makers using "too close" marketing, labels and advertising. I hate that shit. It's tacky, it looks terrible for the community, and it even smacks of slightly predatory in my book. Go after 'em, FDA... or whoever.
Agreed. We're adults that know what flavors taste like and know what we're looking for. The packaging does not have to be eye candy appealing. IMHO, that kind of packaging is targeting young vapers in their late teens and early twenties.

The flavor and quality of the juice is what matters, not the packaging it comes in. The packaging could be plain for all I care.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me personally I didn't feel nicotine was that addictive it was the other stuff in cigarettes

VU Sponsors