Become a Patron!

FDA sends letters to 21 Ecig makers asking if their products are being marketed illegally

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Faced with a proliferation of new electronic cigarettes and a sharp rise in teen vaping, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Friday sent letters to 21 electronic cigarette manufacturers seeking information to assess whether the products are being marketed illegally.

The agency on Friday sent letters to companies including Reynolds American Inc, a unit of British American Tobacco Plc, which makes the Vuse Alto device, asking for evidence that the products were on the market before the August 2016 cutoff date.

FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said the agency “will not allow the proliferation of e-cigarettes” being sold without proper approval and “will take swift action when companies are skirting the law.”

The agency also sent letters to Fontem Ventures, a unit of Imperial Brands Plc, seeking information about its myblu e-cigarettes, as well as smaller companies including Kandypens, Myle Vapor and VGOD.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ls-on-new-electronic-cigarettes-idUSKCN1MM1TQ

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems like what we are seeing with this FDA crackdown is mostly vape stuff to hit mainstream retail. So far...

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
From the looks of it, but this I am sure is only a small portion of it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DIY and stock up on the vape equipment that you use daily.

Good for 20+ years on hardware and need no consumables for at least 2 years.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am set on everything hardware wise, well wire I probably have enough for 2 or 3 years, however this will still be accessible.
I just need to get busy in the juice department, the same flavorings can be bought from some of my wife's cooking sites so that will be available. Not as cheap as the sites I have looked at. Please don't ask me which sites because I have no idea, I just was told they are. I try and keep her out of my vajping. I probably will start ordering nic, vg, and pg this weekend.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Juul actually sued the FDA to FORCE them to make manufacturers stop selling "clone" juul pods that came to market after 08/08/2016.
The FDA just went a little further and hit a few other companies that they discovered during the clone juul pod investigation.

So you have Juul to thank for this one.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
"myblu e-cigarettes" are actually Von Erl ecigs that were on the market pre 08/08.

Blu just bought out von erl and stamped a new name on the device.

Oh damn, Blu did make their own pods though.

If the FDA really wants to split hairs I guess maybe they could force blu to change the name back to von erl and force them to sell all of the awesome von erl flavors that they probably own the rights to as well.

But it would just be called "Von Erl by BLU"

Notice how they are going after blu & vuse and they just happen to be direct juul competitors?

I don't think that is just a coincidence.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the pods or the contents of the pods change it is a new product and must be approved.
Per FDA Deeming regs.
NIc salts were sold here for vaping before before 8-8-2016? I have no idea.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If the pods or the contents of the pods change it is a new product and must be approved.
Per FDA Deeming regs.
NIc salts were sold here for vaping before before 8-8-2016? I have no idea.

The Von Erl pods are all flavors from eliquid brands like cosmic fog and had regular nic up to 18mg (or maybe 12mg?)
They were out before then for sure.

Juul was on the market with salt nic (i think they have a patent or something) pre deeming.

other than juul i doubt if any nic salt was on the market pre deeming.

VU Sponsors