Become a Patron!

Finally got a squonker, like it and want an updrade.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people.

You may remember I wanted a squonker, well I finally got a kangxin one off of a friend for £12 to see if I like it. Problem was the RDA it came with was AWFUL, so I took a cheap but good RDA, a Stillare V4, and drilled out the 510 with a thin drill bit, and low and behold, it works GREAT. I am using power mode, single coil at 19 W with a 26 gauge 6/7 wrap 2MM ID build.

Its producing fantastically. The other RDA was MUCH too big, and produced wispy vapour, this produces full vapour clouds.

Now, I already have this months mod of the month coming, my Efusion DNA200 is in stock today and being shipped tomorrow, so a couple of days I will have that.

But for next month-I want a better sqounker with TC. I quite like the vapor flask style, and was told about a wadea model before, but can no longer find this.

So, I am in the UK, does anyone know where I could get a good quality sqounker? I am ok with ordering from China, and gearbest as they have refunded me now. It took 3 months, but they did, and I got 2 DNA 200's after refund for £27.50 each.

So-anyone know where I can get a squonker with a good/fair quality chip?

Thanks everyone, Conan.

EDIT:I will likely use it at a max of 30-40 watts, most of the time 20 and under, 60W would be ideal, or even a 40W with a good chip.

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been eyeballing the steamcrave one but haven't checked on stock for a while..

Hmmm looks like it's back in stock

http://shop.steamcrave.com/squonkmod-1_p0885.html
I might have to try one:)

buy a ammo can of batteries for it cuz it took 2 full charged 18650 to get through 8.5 mls of juice...lol.i kid you not.i took the chip out of mine and put a dna200 in it and am HAPPY as can be!!was some work to do it but worth it in the end.heres a few pics of it.havent got any magnets to put in for the door but hey for 200-250$ im squonkin a dna200!thats what the parts cost.but way better then 400 to ???dollars.

Attachments

• IMG_20160424_183154.jpg
    IMG_20160424_183154.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20160418_175657.jpg
    IMG_20160418_175657.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20160424_183109.jpg
    IMG_20160424_183109.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20160424_182923.jpg
    IMG_20160424_182923.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20160422_205825.jpg
    IMG_20160422_205825.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 44

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where did you find those chips? That's a really good price. Close to twice that much here (US)
It was a mess up by gearbest-the V1 hotcig needed to be RMA'D to Evolv for repair, the battery was also dead, so I had to buy one to go with it.

Bennett from hotcig ended up sending me a free V2 hotcig, and after refunds ETC, they worked out to that amount. So it was kind of bad luck, turning into good luck :).

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since you already bought an Efusion DNA200,they are coming out with a DNA200 squonker called the Halcyon. I'm sure vapegeeks will stock it in the UK.
Ooh, I do like the look of that, and definitely a good board in there :). I think I may have to sell one of the DNA200's I have and get one of these, Vapegeek do have it on their site, just not in stock at the moment, hopefully soon that changes.

I want to, and enjoy squonking, but there is not much choice out there is there, this seems to be probably the best I will find without going custom.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Nope, not much out there for regulated bottom feed. If they price it at no more than a hundred bucks I might be interested. Hopefully they get the evolve board with the 2 amp charger, those 900mah lipos are only good for a few hours for me. Classic advertising from them though - "Featuring the 900mah Powerhouse from FullyMax"- address any weak points of your product by touting them as a positive lol. And I prefer the squeeze port on the end rather than the side, easier and more user friendly imo. The battery and the bottle need to swap positions.

penguiness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far, the only ones I know of with the evolve board are made by Svapiamo in their 3d printed line. They are under 100 euro, so just a little bit over 100 USD. They do not have the edge squonk space though.

The first one that comes to mind with an edge squonk regulated is an Italian mod with DNA40 and more expensive.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The puzzle boxes? Yea, they are nice, but wooo are they pricey!

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ahh, brain fart. I thought they were the same company...

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I missed buying a Puzzle Box here locally. :headbang:
The woman selling it sent a text, but I missed it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I missed buying a Puzzle Box here locally. :headbang:
The woman selling it sent a text, but I missed it.

The one that got away --- you never truly get over it

penguiness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not mine, but someone has this one for sale:

13179261_828940323904620_3785385072880344885_n.jpg

And here is another for sale, for half the price. It is a DNA30, but for that price you could upgrade it to a DNA40 and still come out ahead:

upload_2016-5-13_22-50-38.png

VU Sponsors