Become a Patron!

Finally lost my virginity...

LaughingWarrior

Member For 2 Years
Like so many first times before it, this was a hurried, nervous and awkward affair, full of misunderstood promises and lofty expectations reaching to heaven itself.

We were both 16, and... oops, that's for another story. Sorry about that.

I picked up a TFV8 a couple of weeks ago, and have been enjoying the ridiculous clouds and bigger flavour than I'm used to. At least, that's mostly true. The first V8 coil was awesome, but after about a week it started tasting a bit toasted. The second tasted just a bit off from the start; not burnt or clogged, but the vapour always had just a bit of a... dry taste. Tons of vapour and never tasting toasted, just... dry and not satisfying.

After foolishly checking a few YT vids, I came to assume that my factory coils would leak if I didn't mess with the coil wires at the bottom. I expertly wrecked the Q4 coil while trying to fix it, notwithstanding that neither of the two V8's had leaked at all.

So back to YT (and here on VU of course), and the next thing I knew I was stuffing my wick into the RTA deck that came with the Beast. (Did you see what I did there? I knew you did. We've both read Shakespeare, amirite?)

Not having realized that the tank even came with a rebuildable deck, and never having thought of making a coil or the like before, I don't have any wire, nor the fine dainty tools needed to make one. I had recently bought a massive football sized bottle of Jam Monster juice however, and oddly it had a small bag of Cotton Bacon in the box. (And why does a bottle of juice need to come in a box? Really? And with a little bag of cotton too... really? Really really? Perhaps that's why it was $50 for 100mL.)

In any case, after duly following all the best advice from all the best video vapers, and trying to strum the opening refrain to Layla on the factory Clapton coils, I had the thing tuned and wicked and soaked and ready to rock.

Holy frozen shitballs. Vapour clouds by the metric shitload just like the factory big bore V8 (at much less power), flavour like it's the first thing I've ever tasted, and after ripping a tank of my new favourite juice, I'm tripping on Nicotine like it's ****. A few more hits and I think I'm going to invent some new astrophysics equations, or maybe rob a 7-11. Either way.

This rebuildable thing is going to be a problem. Better send lawyers, guns and money. And e-juice. Gallons of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm very glad to have read this. I recently got my hands on a TFV8 myself and plan on rocking the rba soon. Keep on going forward. Building is addictive. Once you get bitten by the bug there will be no going back. I doubt I will go back to factory coils again. Although, the Q4 coil really is pretty nice.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been using the rba's in the Cloud Beast and Baby Beast for about a month now. I agree they blow the stock coils away in flavor, clouds, and juice consumption. Got my own triple-fused 28/38 ss316L claptons in them now, and I love them.
I highly recommend the rba to anyone with these tanks.

VU Sponsors