Become a Patron!

Find this good Lipo?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi,

I used R/C for years. Now reviews say NanoTech is so great. Those of use that have used them hard know they are actually among the worst. So I need a 900-950MAH with XT-30(but I can put it on balance leads). The issue is all I see is of course for Ecigs and not R/C that small and they are all NanoTech! The issue is they are like $24 each. A R/C NanoTech, 3500MAH is like 10 bucks. They are taking advantage, thing Vapers have no clue. $24 is okay but then I want them to last "Years" like they say. Granted I am not punishing it like R/C. Still I would like say, a FullyMax or something for $6. They work better in Ecigs IMO. VaporShark is robbing too but they are out of stock. I need maybe 3 of them and I cannot find them that small at R/C stores and Ecig stores tend not to sell them. Does anyone know a source? Thank you

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even the Nanotechs are sold out. I cannot find this battery anywhere in stock on the internet. It looks like it is no longer made. I do not want to retire a custom mod from a year ago. It is odd they are gone. Since mods like vaporshark,Lost Vape and Volcano used them as well. It appears Volcano might have them but they are in the UKK and I am in the US so they cannot lawfully ship it. This is complete BS. I am really unhappy. Discontinue a battery from every manufacturer after a year? Damn!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi,

I used R/C for years. Now reviews say NanoTech is so great. Those of use that have used them hard know they are actually among the worst. So I need a 900-950MAH with XT-30(but I can put it on balance leads). The issue is all I see is of course for Ecigs and not R/C that small and they are all NanoTech! The issue is they are like $24 each. A R/C NanoTech, 3500MAH is like 10 bucks. They are taking advantage, thing Vapers have no clue. $24 is okay but then I want them to last "Years" like they say. Granted I am not punishing it like R/C. Still I would like say, a FullyMax or something for $6. They work better in Ecigs IMO. VaporShark is robbing too but they are out of stock. I need maybe 3 of them and I cannot find them that small at R/C stores and Ecig stores tend not to sell them. Does anyone know a source? Thank you

I gather it is a 3S pack you are looking for?

Ebay seems to have a lot of the 950MAH Nano techs from different sellers. I realise you didn't want the nano tech packs,there is also a brand called overlander that are available in 900MAH capacity, which are rated at 35C.

As you mention mods such as the vaporshark, lost vape etc I guess it is for a DNA200? If it is, their maximum input current is 24A, so the Nano tech or overlander would be fine for this kind of use.

I know it isn't what you really want, but if it is to get a mod running and the only choice it may be the only way for now.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No sure what dimensions your looking for but if you use the product finder on the right side of hobbykings desktop site there are a few 3s ~900mah lipos.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/lipo.html?config=53&capacity=0-10779&

Nanotech and others in stock... but again, not sure what the max dimensions are for your enclosure.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-950mah-3s-25-50c-lipo-pack.html
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-1000mah-3s-45-90c-lipo-pack.html

You can dial in mah and dimensions in the finder to bring the list down from one million packs to a hand full that meet your requirements. A 25c constant 3s nanotech will be more than enough for just about any build on a regulated device.

Also, don't limit yourself with the connector, just solder the connector on that you need if the pack doesn't come with it... just never let the wires touch.

Also, possibly gensace batteries

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks guys. I had seen those. I will take the Nanotech. I do not want to waste this Mod. It is one of my favorite Stabwood Mods. The issue is all these batteries need the XT-30 soldered on. The JSH connector IMO is not acceptable. I am disabled and cannot solder. However it is no big deal to have someone else do it. It is not even like someone needs to know about electronics to do that. as you mentioned don't let the wires touch lol. So I will just ask someone if they will do it, assuring them they can. I will just make sure they put enough solder, that's all. Interesting this mod takes that battery and is half the size of LV,VS Etc., I guess you get what you pay for. In that regard like I said I am not punishing the Nanotech like R/C so it should not swell. I really hope not because if it is stuck in there it will ruin my day! Honestly those people are running them at higher C discharge than they are rated, then complain.In an Ecig the Nanotech is most likely fine. The only other issue is I need the small balance. There are two sizes. I see it though.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I was just in luck. Sort of...... The guy on Ebay got more stock on Nanotech with XT-30. So I do not have to find someone to solder it but the price was a Butt Rape. Still, in my case it was worth it. So this is taken care of. Well, assuming the package arrives and works lol. The Nanotech are actually good batteries. You just cannot lay on them. Which in the case of a DNA200 is no problem. I wouldn't say they are really any different than FullyMax but last many more cycles. Just tend to puff up when pushed. The DNA cannot push them that far. As far as longer runtime claims bullshit. 950MAH 3S is exactly what it says regardless of the battery. The question is often if they even meet that but the Nanotech does at least. Oh well, I assume this is taken care of. Thanks guys!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I was just in luck. Sort of...... The guy on Ebay got more stock on Nanotech with XT-30. So I do not have to find someone to solder it but the price was a Butt Rape. Still, in my case it was worth it. So this is taken care of. Well, assuming the package arrives and works lol. The Nanotech are actually good batteries. You just cannot lay on them. Which in the case of a DNA200 is no problem. I wouldn't say they are really any different than FullyMax but last many more cycles. Just tend to puff up when pushed. The DNA cannot push them that far. As far as longer runtime claims bullshit. 950MAH 3S is exactly what it says regardless of the battery. The question is often if they even meet that but the Nanotech does at least. Oh well, I assume this is taken care of. Thanks guys!

Glad you found the battery with the connecter already on.

As you said it isn't a big deal to get someone else to change it as you can't yourself, but it is one less thing to have to do- you can just connect it up yourself with the XT-30 already in place and get the mod running.

I used to fly RC helis myself, I wasn't really doing anything demanding though like insane 3D flight, just learning the basic controls which are fairly hard on a CP heli.

I didn't know they claimed they ran for longer than other batteries, and I agree a 3S 950MAH Li-Po is exactly that, unless it is a very bad brand that is claiming a higher capacity than the battery really has.

The nanotech is 25C constant and 50C burst isn't it? The 25C rating would be enough even for the full 200W at 23.75A. When the DNA200 first came out it was limited to 23A, this was changed to 24A in an update though and the fuse blows on the input side at 25A, so unless you are planning on running the mod very hard the Nano tech should suit you well and not swell :)

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I hate to ask people favors. Unless I really need something like a ride to the Hospital. I raced cars like 30 years ago LOL. Team Associated. 4 motors(the way 4wd was back then) could draw 150 Amps. I did have an explosion once. I vape at 70W and 460F so it is absolutely no problem. You would have to chain vape at max settings 9 volts to stress that battery. It could honestly support DNA250 for most folks. I read all this trash talk about Nanotech but I am not going to push it anywhere near that. Those guys were maxing out big cells at 150C. It does not apply to me so the battery should be fine I imagine. If it does swell it will be stuck and game over but I bet it does not. There is no way Fullymax is better I bet.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I hate to ask people favors. Unless I really need something like a ride to the Hospital. I raced cars like 30 years ago LOL. Team Associated. 4 motors(the way 4wd was back then) could draw 150 Amps. I did have an explosion once. I vape at 70W and 460F so it is absolutely no problem. You would have to chain vape at max settings 9 volts to stress that battery. It could honestly support DNA250 for most folks. I read all this trash talk about Nanotech but I am not going to push it anywhere near that. Those guys were maxing out big cells at 150C. It does not apply to me so the battery should be fine I imagine. If it does swell it will be stuck and game over but I bet it does not. There is no way Fullymax is better I bet.

I think it is likely better than the fullymax- Mooch tested the 900MAH pack, and it was only a 20A pack, and was damaged at 25A.

The fullymax Li-Po's seem to be a Chinese brand. Obviously not all things made in China are bad, but some aren't the best when it comes to QC.

If the Li-Po does swell, will it not be able to be removed from the mod? If so, that is a shame, but seeing as on average you will be pulling just over 6.5A I don't think that will happen-it would have to be a very bad battery to swell at that kind of use. This is also before TC kicks in, then it will be even less.

150C is a massive amount! Especially with a big pack- that would be delving into 100's of amps, nearing a thousand with a big enough pack- I didn't know this amount was needed, it really is insane lol. I never flew large heli's, my largest was a 400 size so I didn't even realise packs that big could output that much current.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it swells like 1/10" it is stuck in there. Which will be a shame. I love that mod. It is doubtful. The R/C guy's are split on Nanotech. Some love it, some hate it. I doubt it is going to swell at 1/3Rd of it's capacity. That is with people pushing it. A long time ago I drove a R/C truck. Back then 4WD was 4 motors. Even today they do that. There was and still are Lipo packs up to 20kMaH at 200C! TBH, I am afraid of things like that. With good reason LOL. Heli's do not use anything like that because they would not get off the ground! Those packs weigh 5-7 pounds.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it swells like 1/10" it is stuck in there. Which will be a shame. I love that mod. It is doubtful. The R/C guy's are split on Nanotech. Some love it, some hate it. I doubt it is going to swell at 1/3Rd of it's capacity. That is with people pushing it. A long time ago I drove a R/C truck. Back then 4WD was 4 motors. Even today they do that. There was and still are Lipo packs up to 20kMaH at 200C! TBH, I am afraid of things like that. With good reason LOL. Heli's do not use anything like that because they would not get off the ground! Those packs weigh 5-7 pounds.

That would be a shame if it did swell, like you say I doubt it will though as you won't be pushing it hard.

I never had any nano tech Li-Po's myself when I flew heli's, but did buy one for a replacement for a DNA200. I accidentally ruined it though, no fault of the battery.

Wow, to we are talking literally thousands of amps there? I would be afraid of those too, if one did go thermal that would cause a LOT of damage. I also imagine the batteries could be dangerous from the sheer power they can output to people?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have seen the explosion at a race track. It is huge. If that happened say when you were connecting it you would most certainly be dead. I just don't mess with things like that. I mean, normally it is safe but it only takes one time. Those 4 motor cars can pull like 3kva! That is some serious shit.

Anyways, I got the batteries. I thought he was charging so much because he soldered on the XT30. AFAIK the 950MAH Nanotech comes only with bare power leads in boots. Apparently not. They were in sealed boxes. He ripped of the price tags. Somewhere he must have got those for less than half what I paid. The thing is, he knows where and I do not! I gave him 5 stars just because I do not want bad feedback. Who knows but unlikely they swell at under 7 amps. Those could honestly handle the DNA250.

On another note, I don't really care if they do swell now anyways. The Mod is old of course. So it was wearing. I wanted to re-stabilize the wood. It did not turn out to my liking. It is by no means ruined or ugly. Just the colors got like "muted". They do not "Pop" like they did. Oh well. If in a few months they swell I will report not to use them. They claim they should last 2,000 charge/discharge. Where a FullyMax is like 500. Some people loved them, others hate them. I am going to find out. At least now I will be less upset if I lose the mod. Since I already made it less nice. I am really a putz and this is a shame. it certainly is not ruined just not the work of art it was. Even though it was only a 200 it was a very pretty mod. Plus smaller than a 250 due to the battery. You will only find a 1300MAH+ in the 250. One guy makes a 5,200MAH 45C Lipo LOL. Yeah, I like to vape a Lunchbox.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@GorGon27 , 3000A? That is insane! Couldn't you power quite a few household items for a good few hours with one of those batteries lol?
Was the explosion actually on the track, or while it was being installed? I hope on the track racing as I wouldn't want anyone to be hurt or dead.

I remember mine also came with a connector in place, it was when I was swapping this I damaged the pack. How much did they actually cost as you mention he must of got them at a better price? Maybe he buys in bulk then sells on?
On Ebay you can't actually get bad feedback as a buyer for leaving bad feedback, even sometimes when the buyer is clearly in the wrong the seller still can't do anything. Ebay does seem to care about buyers more than sellers, which is good for us but must suck for them.
Never be worried to leave honest feedback or stars incase of bad feedback in return, it can't happen. I understand why you did it though.

Sorry to hear you aren't fully happy with how your mod turned out, how did you re-stabilize the wood? On the other forum I use someone showed the process of turning a piece of scrap wood into stab wood, it was quite a big process.
If they can really last 2000 Charge/discharge cycles without a big loss in capacity I would be amazed- even 500 is great.
Out of all my DNA200's only one has a 1300MAH pack, which is the Efusion, then my other Li-po powered one is a 900MAH pack. I converted another to dual 18650's, then one uses triple.

I just took a look at the size of one of those 5,200MAH Li-Po's, they are as big as most of my mods lol. I can see why some people use these packs in PWM mods at insane power levels, but not so much for a DNA200 or 250. Battery life would be great granted, but the mod would be huge!

EDIT: From Ebay:
"Your buyer or seller can leave Feedback for you as well. Note: Buyers can leave sellers negative, neutral, or positive Feedback. Sellers can leave buyers positive Feedback or choose not to leave Feedback" so you can pretty much do anything you want as a buyer without anything happening lol.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It exploded on the track. These guys do insane and dangerous stuff. They are running that much current with no protection.
Some customs offer up to 5200MAH on DNA250 as far as I have seen. To me that is stupid. The actual mod is like Three times the size of a Triade.

The guy was pretty nice. He replied to several questions. It had the connector which seems to be available nowhere else. It was about 2/3rd's more than they cost at hobbyking without the connector. It was not like unavoidable. I figured it was nice to give him 5 stars. I was not unhappy. Obviously he is making money. That is fine. I choose to buy them. It was $24 each and hobbyking has them without the connector for I think $8 or so. It is not a big deal since I cannot solder.

I used Minwax wood hardener. People discussed using this to stabilize on a woodworking site. It is by no means ruined but just not as nice as it was. Then again the whole reason I did that was because it was wearing. If I let it wear to the point it was messed up I figure it would be worse. I am not displeased and I often am. So it is not that bad by any means. Just not as nice as it was new. I guess you cannot put finish ontop of finish and get great results. That soaks through the wood. Since it was already done it just stayed on top. Not a huge deal to me really. At least it is protected. What stabilization is, is plexiglass that is melted in a solvent. It soaks through the wood and hardens. The Minwax stuff is the cheapest of the lot at $11 for a 16 ounce can. It is not bad stuff but there is better of course. I cannot say I am pleased with it but I am not really displeased.

I went back to my custom Lipo mods after too much trouble with 18650's. Eventually they will start giving contact issues. The board was made for Lipo and still says Lipo. The Chinese adopted it to 18650 without much thought. As you know they hardly care. Interesting that nearly all custom DNA mods are Lipo. Of course the USB-C can fail but not too hard to replace or Evolv will do it. I might look into something with 18650's other than DNA. Like a Mod with a hinged door. The 3x battery cradle just failed on me 5 times. I am done with that. Meanwhile the Lipo's work good for me. I kind of doubt 2000 cycles myself. The battery is a little different than other Lipos so maybe. People had both good and bad luck with them. Of course they were running R/C and pushing them very hard. I am also going to suggest if a Lipo is under 1000MAH charge it at 1A. It is much friendlier to the battery IMO.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Lipo works....
4c2ba3ffa4ac2f365d156894bae656ef.jpg
26adc442c3d455ab099d27ed8a484ae4.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Manny. I was honestly wondering where you were this morning. Since I remembered you don't care about racial slurs either. Most Ethnic people just get seriously pissed off. So stupid. Anyways, yeah those are good ones. That is still way bigger than I like in my hand. Not 5200 but stlil a brick by my standards. I like under 1000MAH and just pick up another Mod. It is going to charge in Half an hour anyways. That does not look like a DNA. A Hybrid? Shit, you got room in there too!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Manny. I was honestly wondering where you were this morning. Since I remembered you don't care about racial slurs either. Most Ethnic people just get seriously pissed off. So stupid. Anyways, yeah those are good ones. That is still way bigger than I like in my hand. Not 5200 but stlil a brick by my standards. I like under 1000MAH and just pick up another Mod. It is going to charge in Half an hour anyways. That does not look like a DNA. A Hybrid? Shit, you got room in there too!
What's up brother.... Yeah that's a NLPWM......bad ass.... But this 1850mah is smaller.......
7341933b4e8dd876dc0005a9f3e99ab6.jpg
fcc72a8cb761016b0f87b35065da860b.jpg
2843d5033b27f5ff65062053d4fbd33b.jpg
9a53b008eb79a07b92bb4ee6399cdd22.jpg
ba63d98a8775f1c23e8d8a2ca712672c.jpg
611e197fc53f4d94d5ffe3881777e354.jpg
9de28ba15b17e1a57002e0568833fa1e.jpg

It's a DNA 250

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Straight up Brah, that's some slick shit right there!
Slik Is this.....love this thing ! Simply amazing..... Yes that Lipo is the bomb.... Around 100 watts last all day.... And charging at 2.2 amps..... Full charge from 8v to 12.8v ... 30 minutes.... I've been hitting it at 35 to 40 amps and it's good......
8c91cf0f5913355b776fa7553851fe8c.jpg
1d0433c20bfa7b9bdaeb2005379a69ff.jpg
62eae2ee3fb031c862a3ab233d246363.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude, how does that taste compared to a DNA? Where could I get one? I could not build it though. I would need one already built. I am assuming either you built that or took it apart? Is that stabwood? Fucking nice! So, you use Lipos? I Now I think they are far superior to Li-Ion. Well, they are in fact. Tired of these fucking contacts wearing out. If they are going to do 18650's they need better contacts IMO. A good Lipo, you might replace it in 2-3 years. They charge plenty fast. Even at 1 Amp for small ones. That does not look so big either. Damn 40 Amps? I hit at like 15 LOL. Maybe different with a Hybrid.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wanted to add this. There have been some Ecig explosions. Either junk or user error every time. Most good Mods have vent holes even with a Lipo. No Cell phone,Laptop,Tablet,Camera Etc. even has vent holes. Stressing explosions were due to junk hardware or user error. Good equipment,properly used has no issues just like any other electronics. The Mods are safer than the aforementioned devices if used properly and of good quality. There have been plenty of exploding phones too. They did not even have vent holes. You all know this, but I like to watch the stupid videos on Youtube even though often someone was injured. Injury is not cool obviously but totally their own fault.

VU Sponsors