Become a Patron!

First build ever - It's not pretty - don't laugh

KillaB3E

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello All,

Well, I just completed my 1st ever coil build. Thanks for everyone's help on here. It isn't pretty, but it works. I think I did 7 wraps using Kanthal 26 and it came out to 1.0 ohm. I was hoping for lower, but I'm just glad it works. I used my new Coil Master V3, it's something that I'll have to get use to using.

Also, what is all this about straightening your wire out? I saw Rip Trpper talking about it.

We'll, here it is, advice or tips are always appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 20150919_123339.jpg
    20150919_123339.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 20150919_123354.jpg
    20150919_123354.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 20150919_124942.jpg
    20150919_124942.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 118

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It looks good...Try this if you want..without the wick in the coil, fire it till it gets red hot then take a pair of tweezers (AFTER YOU STOP FIRING THE BUTTON) and squeeze the coils together and hold it a few seconds till it cools....this will improve the flavor quite a bit for you...The ohms may even change a bit as well.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It looks good...Try this if you want..without the wick in the coil, fire it till it gets red hot then take a pair of tweezers (AFTER YOU STOP FIRING THE BUTTON) and squeeze the coils together and hold it a few seconds till it cools....this will improve the flavor quite a bit for you...The ohms may even change a bit as well.
So much this. You'll get more even heating of the coil and prevent hot spots and potential flavor problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow! First build!? Beats mine! My first coil build was hideous, and I didn't even vape it! Great stuff! Keep at it man!

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My first coil build was hideous
Same here!

I shit you not, this really is my first build. Freakin' horrible!
DSC_00191.jpg

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@CrazyChef Man!! I don't even have a picture of my first build, but great stuff throwing up a picture of yours!! I spent hours the days after getting my own wire just cranking out builds, throwing most in, heating them up. Man... I wanted to get better! Probably used 100 feet of wire just building coils I didn't vape..

Same with claptons once I got there!

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not bad for a first coil. As already mentioned...Get them tweezers, get the coil hot and squeeeeeze!

VAPE ON MY FRIENDS!

KillaB3E

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just think, no more buying coils!

Right on bro!!! No more buying coils! I guess I can toss the 50 or so coils that I have been saving to rewick. Thanks for all the support, I appreciate it!

I'll be sure to squeeze the hot coil [After letting go of the button] with pliers the next time I build a new coil. I guess the Coil-Master V3 really helps.

BTW, building on the Subtanks really is a PITA. If I were to buy a RBA tank, what would you guys suggest?

Have a great day everyone, and thanks as always.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Next time you change the cotton, you can re-adjust the coils a bit. Heating, and squeezing, and also shoving the tool back through the coil and bending it back and forth a bit to help align them a bit. I usually do some re-adjustments every time I redo my cotton...

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll be sure to squeeze the hot coil [After letting go of the button] with pliers the next time I build a new coil. I guess the Coil-Master V3 really helps.

Yours is nicer than my first few!! They never made it to the deck.

I'm a cheap bastard! Here's proof. http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-for-any-other-cheap-bastards-like-me.132667/

However, best coil making tool I have are some ceramic tipped tweezers for coil squishing. You don't have to back off the fire button to get it done. You will wonder how you ever got along without them.

dcegan12

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right on bro!!! No more buying coils! I guess I can toss the 50 or so coils that I have been saving to rewick. Thanks for all the support, I appreciate it!

BTW, building on the Subtanks really is a PITA. If I were to buy a RBA tank, what would you guys suggest?

Have a great day everyone, and thanks as always.
would recommend a billow 2!! its actually not easy to build on at all but its probably my favorite tank so far. great flavor decent vapor and very consisitant once you get it down. and you can access your build at any time without draining the tank, so tweaking your build and wicking is easy. ive never really used the subtanks so I cant compare, but it is the only tank I still use these days. if you want to practice building you should get an RDA. I love my velocity. that's the easiest atty to build on ever

Last edited:

dcegan12

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
actually I have to recant that post. I just picked up the aromamizer with the 2 post deck (seperately). absolutely love it. threw some claptons in there with ease, this tank can really handle some power and flavor is awesome. easiest tank to build and wick ever. especially with the optional deck, and really quite affordable. I think I paid $60 for both pieces. if your a new builder this just might be the way to go

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks good to me.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor