Become a Patron!

First Build Need Some Help

Hey fellow vapers, I have been off the stinkys for a month and a bit now. Love vaping so much more than smoking. Recently decided to go hobby with it. Now, I loved my Atlantis v2 on my istick 50w but was thinkin' "I can't get the potential out of my .3 coil it came with with only being able to go to 50w.
I decided I needed an upgrade and got the Segelei 150w and am in love! But then decided... I wanna have fun and build my own coils now. My question is - what sort of coil should I make as a noob?" I have a velocity clone by tobeco on the way in the mail and I know i have to make a dual coil build, it won't go single. I'm all about the flavor, clouds is a fun bonus to me. And if possible I want to keep it no lower than .3 ohms. Look forward to hear what you guys/ladies suggest.

Cheers.

UncleMike

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dual parallel 26g 10 wraps 2.5mm ID would give ya pretty close to .3ohms. Lots of flavor and vapor is pretty good too.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I would wrap a couple sets of parallel 28g. Maybe dual 6 or 7 wraps. It'll give lots of surface area, which will give you better flavor and vapor, MUCH more satisfying results than with a single wire build. 2.5-3mm screwdriver (or whatever you use) would work well. Here's a vid on how to wrap clean parallels. It works with any wire this way, not just claptons. And it works just as well without a vise. Good luck, and congrats on the new mod!!

I would wrap a couple sets of parallel 28g. Maybe dual 6 or 7 wraps. It'll give lots of surface area, which will give you better flavor and vapor, MUCH more satisfying results than with a single wire build. 2.5-3mm screwdriver (or whatever you use) would work well. Here's a vid on how to wrap clean parallels. It works with any wire this way, not just claptons. And it works just as well without a vise. Good luck, and congrats on the new mod!!
Forgive my noobness but I don't see the video you ment to link.... :( , either that or it's there and i'm blind haha.

VU Sponsors