Become a Patron!

First build!

Capt.Hatchet

Member For 4 Years
So I finally started playing with my new rda last night. I have a ways to go, but it is working! I have some wicking issues to work out, but I am kinda stoked for this being my first go round. 28 gauge, 8 wraps, 1.44 ohms. I didn't want to go too low with the first one bc my new mod won't be in until this afternoon. All I had handy was a 20w device. uploadfromtaptalk1446483770207.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446483776410.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

307_vapeist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should practice dual coils. I did singles for awhile when i first started building, then when i tried duals it was super frustrating.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Duals or parallels? With duals, all he has to do is add another coil to the other 2 posts.

Moodyeagle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I finally started playing with my new rda last night. I have a ways to go, but it is working! I have some wicking issues to work out, but I am kinda stoked for this being my first go round. 28 gauge, 8 wraps, 1.44 ohms. I didn't want to go too low with the first one bc my new mod won't be in until this afternoon. All I had handy was a 20w device. View attachment 32544View attachment 32545

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Doesn't look too bad for your first try! A lot better than mine. Few tips, without the wick in, pulse the coils, pinch them with tweezers and strum the tweezers along the coil relatively hard to get rid of hotspots, try building 'neat' looking coils to get even heating, so get get more flavour and vapour! Just keep practicing and you'll be a pro in no time :)

VU Sponsors