TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey guys,

I've been busy lately and haven't a lot of time to dedicate to building coils. Anyway,
heres my 22g 8 wrap kanthal build. I'm going to build another coil to throw into my RDA.

What do you guys think?

20170328_171912.jpg

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice clean coil! Good job bud. It will only get easier with each build too

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Cheers guys, hopefully moving onto claptons soon. I've got the drill and wire ready. :D

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm getting ready to try my hand at my first fused claptons as soon as I have time to sit down and builds. We're on this journey together. I love building. Twisted coils are great too. Simple to make and are good for clouds and flavor both.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm getting ready to try my hand at my first fused claptons as soon as I have time to sit down and builds. We're on this journey together. I love building. Twisted coils are great too. Simple to make and are good for clouds and flavor both.

Godspeed, man. Hopefully we progress well together.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Indeed. Building quickly becomes a passion. It already has for me. I'm no pro like Raymo2u, but I still love it.

It's interesting hobby for sure. I've definitely got builder fever.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you don't have much time, but still want a cloud chucker, twisted coils are awesome. And easy as pie. I am thinking of doing a 2x26g kanthal 6 wrap 3mm dual coil for my Lush. Will ohm out at .2Ω for a tube mod. I haven't tried kanthal twisted before. I did my first twisted with 2x29g stainless steel. I'm really looking forward to it.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
When you don't have much time, but still want a cloud chucker, twisted coils are awesome. And easy as pie. I am thinking of doing a 2x26g kanthal 6 wrap 3mm dual coil for my Lush. Will ohm out at .2Ω for a tube mod. I haven't tried kanthal twisted before. I did my first twisted with 2x29g stainless steel. I'm really looking forward to it.

Sounds awesome. Would you be able to throw me a link that goes over the making for twisted coils?

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't personally know one. I just search YouTube and find most anything I need. But when you want to make twisted with just 2 wires, just pull off about a foot to 1.5ft of wire, bend it in half, put the loose ends into your drill, hold the end of the wire with a screwdriver snuggly but not too tight, then just twist up with the drill until you have some relatively tight twists. Cut at each end so you have clean wire at each end. Coil it up wick it and vape it.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Found this video which is really helpful:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice . Also, check out Daily Vape TV. I subscribe to them on YouTube. They do Fresh Build Friday. Sometimes you can find some good build ideas there. I always watch on Fridays, you never know what you might find.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds awesome. Would you be able to throw me a link that goes over the making for twisted coils?
Why it's the Same as building a normal coil...

There are plenty of vids though both of making wire itself and coils.

I make all my twisted wire by hand no drills... say I want a 3x28. I take a long strand of wire 2 to 3 feet. Tie the ends to S-hooks. Mine are made from clothes hanger. Form into loop grab loop with hooks at 180degress. Attach 1 hook to a hook on the ceiling an a weight on the bottom one. Spin. Keep spinning till desired pitch is reached. Twist into a coil install and vape.

It not that difficult.. and the fact is if you keep yourself in safe ohm ranges.. the worst that happens is a not good vape and having to start over.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors