Become a Patron!

First quad coil RDA build

Vape-kid04660

Member For 2 Years
Just bought this rda and I’m experimenting a little bit. I did a standard dual coil build and it was okay but I wanted to step it up. Did my first quad coil build. I feel like it’s pretty good but I want a professional opinion from someone who has more experience than I do. I know for one it’s a little to much cotton. But what do you think?
546f766b0d94d924c0a050fcd452af5d.jpg
7e3c0a75a41f9e0e97eba817b24edb55.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Well... coils look pretty good, BUT that cotton is choking your airflow. Which is likely to cause burnt wicking, since there is not enough air to cool the coils or provide a good draw to your vape. As a suggesting.... squeeze your coils closer together (touching is fine) to make a kissing quad coil and wick as if it were a single coil. Lots of air right up through the coil and lots of wick in the juice well. Now if you can solve the airflow through the coils problem... the build should work a lot better.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Here's what I did. Run your cotton from one end to the other. Don't wick them like they are 4 separate coils, wick them like there are 2 coils total. Right thru the middle to the other end. That build is great with Nichrome, I wouldn't dare use kanthal. That ramp up time would piss me off.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here is what I did for my first quad in a Temple RDA (With Kanthal):
7ef003978b88457898066d6a7a75de16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Keep in mind.. quad coils are usually meant for vapor production, mainly cloud chasing. SO... you will be juicing your wick often.. every 2nd or 3rd pull, max.

VU Sponsors