Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Yep it does.

But like you said, its the perfect excuse to purchase a custom wrap for it!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
ohhh noo!! Devil.. that is just sad! :(
Hope it wasnt too deep.. and that you find a way to cover it up or something..
sometimes it might be best to just show it off as is.. ;)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
ohhh noo!! Devil.. that is just sad! :(
Hope it wasnt too deep.. and that you find a way to cover it up or something..
sometimes it might be best to just show it off as is.. ;)
Thanks Smokey. Pics on their way. I'm just gonna get a custom wrap with the devil on it lolol

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Phone camera sucks but you get the picture lolol
2ca02aff5599da703981ca1a0b71ba27.jpg

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
It's like the new car syndrome lolol. Can't really hide it. Just proves I'm using it ALOT!!!!!! I will send in a cool photo for a custom wrap.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
kay.. :) i have yet to scratch mine.. but then it doesn't leave my house..
i normally take my mechs with me when i go out..

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Should have taken my ivp3 with me but can't put this temp device down lol

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dropped my flagship mod now the firing switch has a tick to it on shorter 510 attys. Suuuuucks. Hole in pocked wins again.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Phone camera sucks but you get the picture lolol
2ca02aff5599da703981ca1a0b71ba27.jpg

You might be able to hide those with a black sharpie or other brand of permanent marker. Draw a line over the scratch then immediately wipe the line with your finger. The ink most likely wont match perfectly, so wiping it with your finger will remove any ink that isn't in the scratch. If it is a very shallow scratch, then you might need to do it a few times.

Or use an ultra fine tip marker to color in the scratches.

Neither method will be perfect, but the scratches wont be visible to anybody not looking closely.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
You might be able to hide those with a black sharpie or other brand of permanent marker. Draw a line over the scratch then immediately wipe the line with your finger. The ink most likely wont match perfectly, so wiping it with your finger will remove any ink that isn't in the scratch. If it is a very shallow scratch, then you might need to do it a few times.

Or use an ultra fine tip marker to color in the scratches.

Neither method will be perfect, but the scratches wont be visible to anybody not looking closely.
Great idea. I will give it a shot

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate the first scratch on anything new I've purchased. But I understand it's bound to happen eventually with normal use, so I don't feel too bad about it.

What I really, REALLY hate though is the first scratch I cause myself trying to improve what I've bought.

For instance, the other day, I fitted onto my (then) brand-new rDNA40 an iStick bending adapater. The latter needs some modifiying with a hand file to fit onto the rDNA. Well, I had left a burr on the bending adapter at some point, and when I tried to see if it'd screw down all the way onto the rDNA... instant scratch in one of the air channels near the 510 connector. Deep scratch too, down to the bare aluminum.

Argh! Stupid me! Why do I always feel the need to damage things for no good reason?!? THAT MOD WOULD STILL BE FINE IF I USED IT NORMALLY INSTEAD OF TRYING HARE-BRAINED "IMPROVEMENTS"!

I really hate myself when I do that...

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Happened to me too. Have a 5 week old Hana v4d and got a chip on the bottom a scratch down the side. Worst part is its engraved. Decided to order a clear jwrap and while I was at it got the 2 tone carbon fibre for my sx mini m class.

I hope they look good, never used or seen a jwrap before

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am saddened today but it was bound to happen. Just noticed my first scratch on my one week old SX M mini :( doesn't that just piss you off. Time to order a wrap lolol
Sorry to hear this has happened to you, I've been lucky with my Sx mini so far. I know this is a bit late as the damage has already occured, but I ordered a carbon fiber 2 tone wrap from jwraps it has taken awhile for it to arrive so in the meantime I wanted to protect mine and I discovered that my iPV mini 2 silicione sleeve actually fits it snug and looks pretty good, the buttons line up for the most part and if i trim the bottom and the screen cutout some it will look good. gonna order this clear one and cut it to fit mine. got it off ebay for about $6 shipped
$_57.JPG

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Sorry to hear this has happened to you, I've been lucky with my Sx mini so far. I know this is a bit late as the damage has already occured, but I ordered a carbon fiber 2 tone wrap from jwraps it has taken awhile for it to arrive so in the meantime I wanted to protect mine and I discovered that my iPV mini 2 silicione sleeve actually fits it snug and looks pretty good, the buttons line up for the most part and if i trim the bottom and the screen cutout some it will look good. gonna order this clear one and cut it to fit mine. got it off ebay for about $6 shipped
View attachment 19923
Hi @Maverik_X thanks for the input. I also ordered the dual carbon fiber wrap from jwraps last week. Just waiting for the shipment now. I found that my scratches are actually paint damage. It started with a few scratches but they are located right where my fingers rest on the mod. So I have more paint missing now. It just looks like a good broken in unit now. Although it is a prestige mod she looks battle tested lolol

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
She's still my favorite Tc mod, I will post some pics once I get the wrap and clear sleeve modified on her.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone ever order from jwraos before? Wondering how long it takes them to ship. I ordered on Tuesday last week and paid extra for priority and it still hasn't shipped. Did a search and found lots of complaints about them, but they were all old posts

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone ever order from jwraos before? Wondering how long it takes them to ship. I ordered on Tuesday last week and paid extra for priority and it still hasn't shipped. Did a search and found lots of complaints about them, but they were all old posts
I placed my order on April 28th and it just shipped yesterday. My guess would be that they make the wraps when they are ordered.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I placed my order on April 28th and it just shipped yesterday. My guess would be that they make the wraps when they are ordered.

Hope mine comes soon. Just got a nice scratch in my sx mini m class

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I scratched the screen on my vamo I'm guessing today when it dropped, oops. Yes I still use a vamo, not everybody sub ohms :p

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well if I ever buy a sx mini I'm buying a iPad screen protector and cutting a clear wrap out of it because wrapping in bubble wrap may look funny

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dropped a 20w Istick and tank in a yellow pissed filled toilet...I figure, SHIT!

OK I'll flush it and if it stays put I'll then reach in get it and rinse it off real good
for now and let it dry and see what happens. That was one bad ass toilet, gone!
No need to worry about the Istick in the pee now. Gone!

Last edited:

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I drop a 20w Istick and tank in a yellow pissed filled toilet...I figure, SHIT!

OK I'll flush it and if it stays put I'll then reach in get it and rinse it off real good
for now and let it dry and see what happens. That was one bad ass toilet, gone!
No need to worry about the Istick in the pee now. Gone!
It took your istick to thr depths of hell!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Got my gold n black dual carbon wrap from jwraps today
6dad386304cdf8835d94b7a8c4c87352.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Oberon75

Member For 4 Years
My SX Mini is 5 days old and I already have two scratches. They look like little smudges.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All the paint flaked off my sx mini. I Put a jwrap on it but it makes the edges sharp.

VU Sponsors