Become a Patron!

First steps into Cloud Chasing

Hi

Im vaping from 2 years, mostly provari, then sunbox with dna20 ( did a lot of 0.4 ohm with cyclone ) , now I own Rdna 40 from vaporshark.

Other day I got interested by cloud chasing.

I ordered from fasttech 5-6 atomizers like magma, mutation etc. and gonna try them on Rdna 40 , but also im looking to buy a 2nd toy to play with.

So I spent 2 days reading forums and cant decide, I maybe need some help about some stuffs. I just want big clouds
mrgreen.gif

First step :

1 ) Parallel mods or Tube Mods ?

Which one deliver most clouds ? If Parallel then 18650 or 26650, if Tube then 26650 or 18650 ?

I'm aiming for cheap stuffs, not originals atm.

2 ) About Tubes, copper is better , but it should all body copper ? What about box mech mod like Ivogo Dimitri, they arent full copper but they still perform good for cloud chasing ?

3 ) 2x26650 or 2x18650 parallel ? Any effect on clouds ?

thanks

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Running a tube or box mod (in parallel) are going to give the same performance. The big difference is that you will see is battery life with a parallel box build. With a Mech you start out at 4.2 volts then normalize at 3.7v till the battery starts dropping and needs to be charged. With a parallel build you double the MAH and the AMP rating or the paired batteries. This will give you alot longer battery life and allow for lower builds safely. The down fall is you have to have a "Married" set of batteries for a parallel build, If you want to be able to swap batteries when out and about then you need more than one set of "Married" batteries.

So to try to answer your questions

1 ) Parallel mods or Tube Mods ? Pick the one that you like most for looks and form factor.

2 ) About Tubes, copper is better , but it should all body copper ? What about box mech mod like Ivogo Dimitri, they arent full copper but they still perform good for cloud chasing ? The only real difference between Mech mods is that some have move voltage drop than other. The less voltage drop the better the performance, but they are going to be limited to 4.2v the battery is outputting.

3 ) 2x26650 or 2x18650 parallel ? Any effect on clouds ? With the newer 26650 batteries coming out with higher amp limits you can get higher MAH rating and around the same AMP rating as the 18650 batteries. Just keep in mind the size if you are using 2 26650 batteries, this is going to be a LARGE Mod.

So you keep asking how these are going to affect clouds. Your mod is just going to deliver the power to the atty, so battery choice and RDA choice is going to affect clouds more. A parallel build will give you more longevity between batteries changes.

Be sure that you get High AMP batteries from a trusted source and read up on battery safety and OHM's law before you start building.

Hope this help and good luck.

thanks for taking time to reply.

So I've to make a pick between : stingray x clone, congestus clone ( too big ) , hades clone or dimitry ivogo clone. Double battery look better so I can vape more, so its about congestus or dimitry I think :D

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks for taking time to reply.

So I've to make a pick between : stingray x clone, congestus clone ( too big ) , hades clone or dimitry ivogo clone. Double battery look better so I can vape more, so its about congestus or dimitry I think :D
While the congestus does use 2 batteries, they are used in series, that doubles the voltage of the mod, not like the dimitri where the amperage and mah is doubled.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There will be a big difference in the way you build your coils between a regulated (RDNA 40) and unregulated (congestus, parallel box mod, mechanical tube mod). With the regulated, you change the voltage being supplied to the coils in order to change the temperature (sort of) that you vape at, with unregulated, you change the ohms of the coil to change the temperature (sort of) that you vape at. They both have their pluses, I have made the move to regulated mods about 8 months ago and doubt i will ever go back to unregulated. Its just to easy to dial in the perfect vape for me on a regulated device.

I would also say, that you can get some pretty huge clouds from 40 watts going through a 1.5 ohm single coil. You should try the rda's on your RDNA when they come in and you might be pleasantly suprised

yeah now im curious jah

just wondering if I've to focus on RDA , coils etc instead of buy mech box or something like that.

Well got 1 month before stuffs arrives from fasttech and then I dont wanna be " omg now i need a mech" and wait another month, thats why I asked =p

Can I ask 1 thing, about Rdna 40, I got the LG battery that comes inside with it.

Can I get better vape experience with better battery like Sony , etc or Lg included in the box is fine ?

thanks

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vape wont really change with a different battery in the Vaporshark. As long as you have the right AMP battery (I think its 20 AMP) the chip is what is determining the power.

How do you like the RDNA?

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeah now im curious jah

just wondering if I've to focus on RDA , coils etc instead of buy mech box or something like that.

Well got 1 month before stuffs arrives from fasttech and then I dont wanna be " omg now i need a mech" and wait another month, thats why I asked =p

Can I ask 1 thing, about Rdna 40, I got the LG battery that comes inside with it.

Can I get better vape experience with better battery like Sony , etc or Lg included in the box is fine ?

thanks
The vape experience will be the same with any proper battery, the difference between the batteries (as long as they can provide sufficient current) will mostly be how long the unit lasts before the battery is dead. (This is really only true in regulated mods, in unregulated things change because of the way the various batteries discharge and at what levels they plateau)

Running a tube or box mod (in parallel) are going to give the same performance. The big difference is that you will see is battery life with a parallel box build. With a Mech you start out at 4.2 volts then normalize at 3.7v till the battery starts dropping and needs to be charged. With a parallel build you double the MAH and the AMP rating or the paired batteries. This will give you alot longer battery life and allow for lower builds safely. The down fall is you have to have a "Married" set of batteries for a parallel build, If you want to be able to swap batteries when out and about then you need more than one set of "Married" batteries.

So to try to answer your questions

1 ) Parallel mods or Tube Mods ? Pick the one that you like most for looks and form factor.

2 ) About Tubes, copper is better , but it should all body copper ? What about box mech mod like Ivogo Dimitri, they arent full copper but they still perform good for cloud chasing ? The only real difference between Mech mods is that some have move voltage drop than other. The less voltage drop the better the performance, but they are going to be limited to 4.2v the battery is outputting.

3 ) 2x26650 or 2x18650 parallel ? Any effect on clouds ? With the newer 26650 batteries coming out with higher amp limits you can get higher MAH rating and around the same AMP rating as the 18650 batteries. Just keep in mind the size if you are using 2 26650 batteries, this is going to be a LARGE Mod.

So you keep asking how these are going to affect clouds. Your mod is just going to deliver the power to the atty, so battery choice and RDA choice is going to affect clouds more. A parallel build will give you more longevity between batteries changes.

Be sure that you get High AMP batteries from a trusted source and read up on battery safety and OHM's law before you start building.

Hope this help and good luck.
You answered so many questions i had myself thank you for that in depth reply!!!!

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad the information helped you out. Rebuilding is great because you can customize your vape to what you like. The hard part is the safety involved. Knowing what a mod is doing helps alot.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great info oggy. I agree with everything you said, except this.
Running a tube or box mod (in parallel) are going to give the same performance..

Ive found, that when it comes to a single battery vs parallel batteries, I get much better performance when they are parallel. The halving of the internal battery resistance seems to be the only reason, but regardless they do seem to push more power.

Also, when running low ohm builds (-.2), my batteries dont heat up at all. In my tube mech they will get warm, in my box they dont.

To the OP, Get a parallel box.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great info oggy. I agree with everything you said, except this.

Ive found, that when it comes to a single battery vs parallel batteries, I get much better performance when they are parallel. The halving of the internal battery resistance seems to be the only reason, but regardless they do seem to push more power.

Also, when running low ohm builds (-.2), my batteries dont heat up at all. In my tube mech they will get warm, in my box they dont.

To the OP, Get a parallel box.

The reason I said you get the same performance is that running 2 batteries VS. single battery is they both produce the same voltage. However what @Pauly Walnuts says is correct. Using a dual parallel batteries you are sharing the load on both batteries. So for example with Pauly's 0.2 OHM build. Lets say he gets 5 hits and the battery voltage is dropped from 4.2v to 3.7v with a single 18650. With Dual 18650 in parallel you would get 10 hits before you see the same voltage drop. Since the load is shared the you will see a slower drop in voltage/performance.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If you're still looking into a mech mod, I like my 26650 Stingray X clone I ordered from FT. At the moment I have 4 26650 RDAs. I usually build my coils in the 0.3-0.5 Ohm range. It seems to me the 26650 performs way better than my 18650 mods. However, the Stingray is quite heavy. My Sigelei 100 Plus is a different story.

VU Sponsors