Become a Patron!

First time rda

So i picked up a ipv d3, a coil terminator kit and a royal hunter rda. With that set up (hopefully isnt a bad setup) how many wraps should i make with 26g wire. I know its personal prefrence but what wattage should it be around. Dont know if this makes a difference but as of right now i am a mtl vapor (trying tonretrain myself)

s20700134

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try 7 or 8 wrap. With a mod of lower power(wattage) I prefer building somewhat higher. Regulated mods compensate for lower ohm's by putting out less volts. Higher ohm's means more volts, which also happens to be more electronically efficient(more run time). The trade off is longer rampup time.

Edit/addition: since your a mouth to lung person, you might prefer more wraps for a more gentle ramp up

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Build resistance has nothing to do with run time in a vw mod. Only the watt setting does. Also, modern rda's don't usually work well for mtl. The chamber size and air flow they offer are designed for direct lung use. An atomizer with a much smaller chamber would give much better mtl performance. If you want to stick with an rda, maybe look for an older model. Early drippers were designed for mtl use. Small chamber, small airflow. Good luck.

mrmoodz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want MTL style vaping, look at the NarDa RDA. Authentics are expensive and hard to come by but clones are reasonably priced.

I just ordered one yesterday from 3F Vape (China) for 14 bucks.

VU Sponsors