Become a Patron!

First Time using Temp Control Help

logdawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just installed a Triton .4 SS coil in my MELO2 and I am using the Smok R80 TC. I set it up for SS and temp control. I can adjust the temp... Where do I start? I have it at 300 and it is OK. But not sure what the range is. Thanks for any help.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I use the same coil between 450-460 but on a dna200 with 50w preheat and 42w setting.
I don't have that smok mod, so I don't know how it would translate.
On arms sx350j I set it to 480deg, and fire it at 45w in powerfulplus mode

logdawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't found a way to change watts

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

logdawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like they change as I vape

logdawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I was on Celsius at 300. Got it at 420F and it is great flavor

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't forget to lock in the resistance and always makes sure the device and atty are at the same temp before marrying and locking in the resistance.

logdawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you mean to lock in my settings by pressing up and down buttons. .

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you mean to lock in my settings by pressing up and down buttons. .

Yes, fresh TC coils, once installed, should be let to rest and readjust to room temp. Once it's readjusted, put the Tank/RDA and lock the resistance. This way the mod will read the right TCR and adjust power levels accordingly.

I find for SS, that my preferred settings are at 550f at 40W.

I believe that the R80 functions the same as the X-Cube2 (both from SMOK), and will adjust the watts itself as you fire it, so just find the temp you like and vape away!

logdawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks.. I really enjoyed the flavor. Found another setting for DC/SC Duel coil or Single coil... I'm using a triton .4 so I'm guessing that would be a single coil.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks.. I really enjoyed the flavor. Found another setting for DC/SC Duel coil or Single coil... I'm using a triton .4 so I'm guessing that would be a single coil.

Yes. I always choose SC / Single Coil (even if the coil head says dual coil or more, pick single coil). You only need the DC if you build in an RDA, and even then you don't really need to. You could technically build Quad TC coils and fire them in Single Coil if you wanted, the mod can't actually tell the difference, it still has to apply the same rules as it would in SC (Look at all other TC mods available, none of them ask you if it's single/dual/triple/whatever, only SMOK has incorporated this "feature", which I believe to be one of those placebo effect things, people will feel like something has changed even if it hasn't). I've tried both modes and they perform exactly the same, so I can't seem to find a reason for this feature, but either way, you're good to go, it won't change anything.

VU Sponsors