Become a Patron!

First vape to quit smoking help!

K0marrr2!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello everyone thankyou for reading!
So with black friday coming up and with multiple local smoke shops within 15 mi of my house i decided that i want to get into vaping. Ive done some research before i signed up and posted this, and tried my friends box mods but i still lack understanding. I also mentioned this to my gf who also got interested(She wants to quit to), but that is also on me for friday now. My question is i want to get a variable mod starter kit and an rda to learn and understand for later use, any suggestions? (looking for cloud chasing, and flavor, with and without rda) My girlfriend wants me to get her a simple vape pen starter kit that's easy to maintain, suggestions? (something easy for me to maintain for her after learning my own and more about vaping) Im not sure if im going to buy a nicotine liquid.
For me; i want thinking an ileaf istick 50W with a dark horse or plume rda? (friend and research suggestion)
For her; absolutely no clue (Nothing to fancy but something that she would like, and easy to handle maintain)
Budget; 100$ (keep in mind im not sure if there are actually black friday discount deals at my local stores or what they would be)
(last resort is to order online) (a few of my friends will help me understand over time)
Thanks for taking time to read and help me out thanks!:)
(i tried my best not to sound like a noob lol)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Just my $00.2, as good as the dark horse is, it lacks a bigger juice well. The Plume Veil, is more a flavor RDA, than a cloud chaser RDA, and it leaks a lot. I'd rather get a Velocity (clone by Tobeco is good too), or a Mutation X V3.

Regarding the 50W mod, I'd rather look for something with a bit more power (75W). With an RDA, and according build, you'll run out of power/watt rather quickly. There are good starter kit, that include a tank as well.

Re. your girlfriend's setup, I can't be of help there, due to not using these kind of setups.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First of all most current online pricing will most likely beat any B&M Black Friday pricing, TODAY.

Wait for an online Black Friday sale, and save even more.

Lack of understanding may deter you from the beginning. But the learning curve isn't that difficult. And obviously, the idea of building your own coils doesn't intimidate you. So why let something like learning how to use a good mod deter you.

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First of all most current online pricing will most likely beat any B&M Black Friday pricing, TODAY.

Wait for an online Black Friday sale, and save even more.

Very very true. I learned this the hard way. I hated the iStick but that's just me. I didn't like the buttons and how it looks lol. Not a big deal for others but its subjective. Good luck and update us on what you get! People here suggested me to buy from angelcigs for mods and fasttech for coils/rdas stuff like that.

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Very very true. I learned this the hard way. I hated the iStick but that's just me. I didn't like the buttons and how it looks lol. Not a big deal for others but its subjective. Good luck and update us on what you get! People here suggested me to buy from angelcigs for mods and fasttech for coils/rdas stuff like that.
If you want to wait several weeks, that's fine.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like the heavy feel. I have weird taste in mods I think :D

K0marrr2!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the fast replies everybody:)
So i dont know exactly what variable mod i'm getting yet but def with a velocity rda, it seems pretty ligit. Does anyone know a starter kit with a tank so i have something else to smoke while i learn about the rda i chose? ( Sigelei 75W, does it come with a start kit somewhere?)
Im also not trying to wait a long time for shipping, but if worse comes to worse, what are some of the best sites do people usually order from thats cost effective and has fast shipping?
Im going through vapecrawler.com now
Any ideas for my gf situation, she wants to quit smoking to but wants a reliable pen... thats pink.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the fast replies everybody:)
So i dont know exactly what variable mod i'm getting yet but def with a velocity rda, it seems pretty ligit. Does anyone know a starter kit with a tank so i have something else to smoke while i learn about the rda i chose? ( Sigelei 75W, does it come with a start kit somewhere?)
Im also not trying to wait a long time for shipping, but if worse comes to worse, what are some of the best sites do people usually order from thats cost effective and has fast shipping?
Im going through vapecrawler.com now
Any ideas for my gf situation, she wants to quit smoking to but wants a reliable pen... thats pink.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS
The sig 75 doesnt come as a starter kit unfortunately to my knowledge at least. I would suggest the kanger nano which comes in pink but its not a pen. Also comes in purple ;) $30 usd.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Aspire Premium Starter Kit
For the GF. I've never tried this. But it's had some good reviews, and comes with enough hardware to get her started.

K0marrr2!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The sig 75 doesnt come as a starter kit unfortunately to my knowledge at least. I would suggest the kanger nano which comes in pink but its not a pen. Also comes in purple ;) $30 usd.

Im guessing you mean the kanger SUBOX nano starter kit? should we both get that or should i get myself something with higher W like Neunerball mentioned?
My girlfriend isnt exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, so how often would i have to maintain/fix/whatever else i need to do to keep it running for her?

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im guessing you mean the kanger SUBOX nano starter kit? should we both get that or should i get myself something with higher W like Neunerball mentioned?
My girlfriend isnt exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, so how often would i have to maintain/fix/whatever else i need to do to keep it running for her?

Yes that's the one. That was for your girlfriend. It's a light device that has safety features. All she has to do is refill and change the coil once the flavor starts to go bad. Which takes literally 1 minute. I saw it for $30 usd on geartech I think not sure which site.

For yourself definitely listen to neuner. At least 75W

K0marrr2!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aspire Premium Starter Kit
For the GF. I've never tried this. But it's had some good reviews, and comes with enough hardware to get her started.

How difficult is maintenance? I wouldnt have to teach her about ohms, rebuild her coils frequently would it?

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How difficult is maintenance? I wouldnt have to teach her about ohms, rebuild her coils frequently would it?

Its a good one but doesnt come in pink though lol. And it's just stock coils for the starter kit so she doesnt have to build anything

K0marrr2!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes that's the one. That was for your girlfriend. It's a light device that has safety features. All she has to do is refill and change the coil once the flavor starts to go bad. Which takes literally 1 minute. I saw it for $30 usd on geartech I think not sure which site.

For yourself definitely listen to neuner. At least 75W

That sounds pretty perfect! i was thinking about getting her a cheap EGO or EVOD, but this sounds like its be more worth it in the long haul

K0marrr2!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wouldn't start out with a RDA...
Im prolly starting with a tank that comes with a starter kit (or a better one that can be purchased with the mod) nd have the rda on hand to use once i feel comfortable, and knowledgeable about it

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ecig.com has the Kanger subox Nano starter kit (in pink) for $44.00, and the Aspire Nautilus Mini premium kit for $43.00. Both really nice starter sets that are easy to maintain and built to last.

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For you I would suggest:
  • Sigelei 75W which is like $30-45
  • IPV 4s 120Wwhich is like $50-60
  • IPV D2 which is like $42-50
I went with the IPV 3Li 200W which is like $50 as well but I'm still waiting for it on the mail so haven't tried and cant suggest yet.

All depends on which site you order from which all has pros and cons.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
...I went with the IPV 3Li 200W which is like $50 as well but I'm still waiting for it on the mail so haven't tried and cant suggest yet....
Have you ordered from GearBest? Good luck, receiving it anytime soon!

+1 though on the IPV4S, got one myself. Can grow with the needs. However, you'd need a charger for the batteries.

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you ordered from GearBest? Good luck, receiving it anytime soon!

+1 though on the IPV4S, got one myself. Can grow with the needs. However, you'd need a charger for the batteries.

Yes. I got mine in a week :eek: guess I'm lucky lol. Yes great mod my brother owns one by receipt. But I'm the one that uses it all the time :cool::p

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My wife quit smoking with a simple $30 easy maintenance, low cost starter kit, after a couple of weeks went to 0mg nicotine, and after that for a couple of weeks she quit entirely. She purchased the same kit for me (valentines day) and I was smoke free for 5 months then back to smoking; a year later or so..I`m now using a Kanger Subox Mini, and close to a month now without a cigarette.

I`m only a month into vaping now with the Kangertech unit, but it is working well for me and I get 3-5 days from a coil.
YRMV

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
My top 3 list for a good starting mod would be

Evic VTC Mini (w/ firmware upgrade to V2.0, 75W and TC for Stainless steel wire)
IPV D2 (don't own it myself)
Sigelei 75W

Regarding the VTC Mini, I found that two varieties of my tanks don't fit flush on the mod, resulting in a slight wobble. It's the Kangertech Subtank Plus, and the Triton V1. However, IMO, it's due to the 510 connection's threads on the tanks being slightly (ca. 1-1.5 mm) longer than any of my other tanks, or most of my 58 RDAs

As a tank, I'd get the Goliath V2, due to the ability to adjust the airflow very well for mouth to lungs hit, but also good for direct to lungs hits. In addition, you can utilize replacement coil heads, or the RBA head (building your own coil).

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Evic VTC Mini (w/ firmware upgrade to V2.0, 75W and TC for Stainless steel wire)
Sigelei 75W

Regarding the VTC Mini, I found that two varieties of my tanks don't fit flush on the mod, resulting in a slight wobble. It's the Kangertech Subtank Plus, and the Triton V1. However, IMO, it's due to the 510 connection's threads on the tanks being slightly (ca. 1-1.5 mm) longer than any of my other tanks, or most of my 58 RDAs

As a tank, I'd get the Goliath V2, due to the ability to adjust the airflow very well for mouth to lungs hit, but also good for direct to lungs hits. In addition, you can utilize replacement coil heads, or the RBA head (building your own coil).
Great list. I gave my vtc away to a co worker. Hes quit smoking for 2 weeks now. Good mod though

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

K0marrr2!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Sigelei 75W

Firm ware upgrade?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Last edited:

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To quit the smoking; for me it was a challenge at first but I told myself...OK..going to make this f...ink thing work...difficult for the first week but I made it five months...
back to smoking, and a year(+) later back to the vape w/out a stinky for one month now...
it`s a money save ..plus, ween yourself off and the Vape..IDK...change in habbit or what but easier to quit than cigarrettes..?

K0marrr2!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So after researching all your suggestions for the mod i think im getting
https://www.vapesocietysupply.com/collections/ipv-d2-75w-temperature-control-bundles-combos-kits
or
https://www.vapesocietysupply.com/collections/sigelei-75w-temperature-control-bundles-combos-kits
Not sure if this the best website to go to though. Any suggestions on which tank to go with for cloud chasing, with some flavor.
Im not sure if im getting an RDA now or later however should i still go with the velocity?
Is there anything else im missing, that would turn me off of vaping if i dont have it?
Last thing is i found an eleaf isitck 100w for 40$ without anything, just the mod. Would that be worth it? Or are Eleaf just not worth the hassel?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Real cloud chasing RDAs would be the Crown, or TFV4. However, you wouldn't be happy with your battery life in those mods, due to the high power needed (40+ Watt), in order to get clouds and flavor. In addition, they use up a lot of juice.
More suitable would be the Goliath V2 (as previously mentioned), or the Triton (either V1, or V2). Both have good airflow for direct to lungs hits, and replacement coil heads. The Goliath V2 includes a RBA head, for building your own coils. The Triton has an optional RBA. IMO, not worth the money.

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I purchased my stuff from myvaporstore, I just purchased the kangertech Subox Mini (starter kit) and replacement coils to go with it (order at least ten replacement coils if you get this unit), also purchased two batteries and a two cell charger to go with .This kangertech unit may not be the best unit out there, and a person could upgrade on it, but IMO, for just starting out $118.00 is a cheap and enjoyable way to test the water.
One month now and no cigarettes.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Forgot to mention, the Velocity is an excellent RDA for a beginner. Due to it's post's design, it's real easy to put the coils in. In addition, you don't have to buy the original. The Velocity made by Tobeco is pretty good too. As with every clone, you'll have to clean them well. They tend to have machine oil left in them, that would make for an unpleasant vape, if not cleaned properly.
Another nice thing about it, is the variety of airflow adjustments.

K0marrr2!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Real cloud chasing RDAs would be the Crown, or TFV4. However, you wouldn't be happy with your battery life in those mods, due to the high power needed (40+ Watt), in order to get clouds and flavor. In addition, they use up a lot of juice.
More suitable would be the Goliath V2 (as previously mentioned), or the Triton (either V1, or V2). Both have good airflow for direct to lungs hits, and replacement coil heads. The Goliath V2 includes a RBA head, for building your own coils. The Triton has an optional RBA. IMO, not worth the money.

Is the goliath v2 a rta and the triton a subtank?
Im also guessing u mean that the eleaf isnt worth the money?

K0marrr2!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So if i get a 75W mod. A goliarth or triton, and a velocity, id be pretty set right?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Is the goliath v2 a rta and the triton a subtank?
Im also guessing u mean that the eleaf isnt worth the money?
Both tanks are sub ohm tanks. Meaning, the coil(s) resistance is below 1 Ohm, most commonly used are 0.5 Ohm coils.
The optional RBA for the Triton is not worth the money. That's at least my opinion. In addition, I wouldn't recommend it for a beginning builder.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So if i get a 75W mod. A goliarth or triton, and a velocity, id be pretty set right?
IMHO, yes. That would be something I would have bought, when I started vaping. The better your equipment, and proper nicotine level of the juice, the easier it is to quit smoking. In my days, the devices weren't as good as they are now.

K0marrr2!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So i just got back from shopping around. While many people advised against it i got an eleaf 50W, with an artic tank. It turns out my old highschool friend works at the store and gave me an amazing discount that stayed within my budget+black friday discount early on juices! plus she let me try it out and said she'd give me a discount on a rda that she thought i would like, when i come back. I know im going to need something with more power later on for an rda. But they let me try a velocity on it and at 44W it was amazing!
Thanks everyone for your help i wouldve had no clue what i was doing without u guys.
My girlfriends kanger mini is in the mail right now (she decided to order herself one when i told her it would fit her well)
I still need to learn how to refill, and stuff like that so any advice would be appreciated:)

K0marrr2!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i finished or tossed my last pack of cigs to but this is pretty satisfying:)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So i just got back from shopping around. While many people advised against it i got an eleaf 50W, with an artic tank. It turns out my old highschool friend works at the store and gave me an amazing discount that stayed within my budget+black friday discount early on juices! plus she let me try it out and said she'd give me a discount on a rda that she thought i would like, when i come back. I know im going to need something with more power later on for an rda. But they let me try a velocity on it and at 44W it was amazing!
Thanks everyone for your help i wouldve had no clue what i was doing without u guys.
My girlfriends kanger mini is in the mail right now (she decided to order herself one when i told her it would fit her well)
I still need to learn how to refill, and stuff like that so any advice would be appreciated:)
i finished or tossed my last pack of cigs to but this is pretty satisfying:)
Nice! I quit smoking the same day, I got my first equipment, which was a ProVari V2.5 with a Kanger Protank 2. In those days it was one of the better devices you could get.

Glad we could help! Good luck to you, and your better half!

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Congratulations

Hello everyone thankyou for reading!
So with black friday coming up and with multiple local smoke shops within 15 mi of my house i decided that i want to get into vaping. Ive done some research before i signed up and posted this, and tried my friends box mods but i still lack understanding. I also mentioned this to my gf who also got interested(She wants to quit to), but that is also on me for friday now. My question is i want to get a variable mod starter kit and an rda to learn and understand for later use, any suggestions? (looking for cloud chasing, and flavor, with and without rda) My girlfriend wants me to get her a simple vape pen starter kit that's easy to maintain, suggestions? (something easy for me to maintain for her after learning my own and more about vaping) Im not sure if im going to buy a nicotine liquid.
For me; i want thinking an ileaf istick 50W with a dark horse or plume rda? (friend and research suggestion)
For her; absolutely no clue (Nothing to fancy but something that she would like, and easy to handle maintain)
Budget; 100$ (keep in mind im not sure if there are actually black friday discount deals at my local stores or what they would be)
(last resort is to order online) (a few of my friends will help me understand over time)
Thanks for taking time to read and help me out thanks!:)
(i tried my best not to sound like a noob lol)
I would recommend the 60 watt eleaf I stick with a kangertech SubTank Mini.Eleaf to me is the best mod on the market, without spending a ton of money. They're very reliable, and produce the taste and clouds that your after. I would not recommend the Kangertech mega mod though, Just the tanks and coils that they make.Because I recently read where a dude in Tennessee was using one,and the thing blew up while he was toking on it. It broke his neck,blew a hole in his upper lip, took out his front tooth, and some facial fractures. He is currently is the ICU.But yeah, I would stick with anything Eleaf.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would recommend the 60 watt eleaf I stick with a kangertech SubTank Mini.Eleaf to me is the best mod on the market, without spending a ton of money. They're very reliable, and produce the taste and clouds that your after. I would not recommend the Kangertech mega mod though, Just the tanks and coils that they make.Because I recently read where a dude in Tennessee was using one,and the thing blew up while he was toking on it. It broke his neck,blew a hole in his upper lip, took out his front tooth, and some facial fractures. He is currently is the ICU.But yeah, I would stick with anything Eleaf.
That was nothing to do with the tank...

VU Sponsors