Flash V3 tutorial build

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is a very interesting RTA or RBTA that I got from gearbest.com. It works sort of like an upside down Genesis. I've been checking them out for a while but I've never seen anyone build a parallel coil on one so that's what I tried for my first build on this Flash V3. It turned out better than I expected and although it looks strange, its quite easy to build. It's got RDA flavor and vapor with the convenience of a tank! There are different size screws to change your air flow options. Here's a step by step tutorial on how I built mine. I hope you enjoy it.

This is how it comes, in nice a cloth, zippered, carrying case with extra O rings, screwdriver, different sized air hole screws, clear tube, a long length of silica and kanthal. I use the clear tube when available because I like to see my liquid levels but you can have the complete stainless look if you like and you can also use your own drip tip if you prefer, like a wide bore. It weighs 147 grams and holds about 5ml of e-liquid in the tank.
IMG_20150412_124701_484.jpg

1st. Build your coil on the deck. I decided to try a 26g parallel.
IMG_20150411_134420_323.jpg

2nd. Wick it and wet the wick. Whoops!! I put this coil on backwards! I had to take it off an turn it around. You'll see why in the next pic.
IMG_20150412_115556_142.jpg

3rd. Make sure that you wrap your coil facing the little nub I'm pointing to with my ceramic tweezers because the single air hole is on that side and you want your air to flow directly over the coil. This is how it goes together. Very easy and simple. Note the notch in the cap that corresponds with the nub. This is so the top cap and tank don't spin freely on the deck because it just pops on like an RDA top cap.
IMG_20150412_120324_293.jpg

4th. Pop the cap/next segment on and insert wicks. This is how the tank feeds the coil. I'm using silica because it came with but you can probably use cotton. Snip them off flush with the top of the cap. and wet them with e-liquid. As you can see, there are already wicks in mine. The wick holes are directly over the screws and the wicks are meant to touch on either side of your coil.
IMG_20150412_121132_667.jpg

5th. Now your ready to Fill up the tank, do this just like any other bottom coil tank and fill it up to the ring on the chimney with juice. I'm using 80%Vg
IMG_20150412_121459_271.jpg

6th and lastly. Screw it on to the cap and your ready to put it on a device and use it! Here I have it on my IPV mini II.
IMG_20150412_121535_221.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and learned from my backwards coil mistake. :)

Almost forgot!!
It weighs 147 grams and holds about 5ml of e liquid!!

EDIT. I kept having trouble with the wicks because I use high VG Or maybe I cut them wrong....anyways. I replaced them with 2 small pieces of SS mesh rolled into straws and it seems to work much better. I didn't try cotton first but that may work good also. I just rolled two small pieces into tubes and flanged them out at the top so they wouldn't move. Make sure that you cover the screws on your deck with cotton from wicking your coil if your using the SS mesh straws so it doesn't have the possibility to short should they touch. Using it every day. Loving it,

If your interested in this excellent clone from gearbest, here is the link...KEEP ON VAPING!!!
Rebuildable Flash E Vapor V3 Stainless Steel E - Cigarette - 510 Thread-17.99 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com
http://www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_137306.html

Last edited:

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
here's a pic of the top cap that the tank screws onto. as you can see I flanged out the tops of the 400 SS mesh straws and they don't move at all.

IMG_20150423_211232_156.jpg

here's a look from the inside of the cap where the straws sit directly over the deck and coil. You see they don't need to be very long at all 1/4 to 1/2" at the most and I cut mine at an angle, that makes it easier to insert them into the top cap. if my coil ever starts tasting dry, I just cover air hole and give it a primer pull and its g2g! You'll see the bubbles come up in the tank. works great for driving.

IMG_20150423_211246_330.jpg

Friends don't let friends drip and drive!!! If your a dripper you gotta try this!!! They are only 17 bucks!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors