Become a Patron!

Flavorah v.s. IDE flavoring ~ Cost difference?

Nostradadus

Member For 4 Years
So, I've found out that both Flavorah and IDE flavoring vendors get their flavorings from the same manufacturer; Mother Murphy's in Greensboro, NC.

Wonder if it's exactly the same flavoring?

Flavorah cost a bit more than IDE; what's the deal?

Last edited:

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
they are cheaper than the standard flavor producers. Are they just as good?

Nostradadus

Member For 4 Years
I'll be working with a friend in doing a head to head taste testing between these two flavor companies. Time will tell if they are identical.

Nostradadus

Member For 4 Years
To be fair haven't looked up Flavorah. Too tired right now.
Here is the address (which is public information) for IDE vapor
IDE Vapors, LLC
2702 Zola Dr.
Greensboro, NC 27205
Posted on the eliquidrecipes.com forum.
I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I really want to know where the lab/clean room is located at? :eek:
It looks like Flavorah has a po box. Most likely working in the house.Maybe?
Is everyone working in the basement now? Prove me wrong and show me some evidence of a clean room somewhere?

Again, I'm not trying to be mean or bitchy. I just want to know. I really would like to order some flavors. I am hesitant in ordering from a re bottler who does it in their home.
This is true. Guess someone will have to do some digging there; would be nice to know. Ismael Ide is the name of the owner. Perhaps he can answer people's questions concerning his rebottling process.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is the first I've heard of any of these companies

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
I've seen many people post positive comments about flavorah, the only flavor of theirs I've tried is vanilla custard, and it was pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nostradadus

Member For 4 Years
Well, I'm about to find out real soon. I have a box on the way from Flavorah (just shipped today) which contains their whole line of flavorings for testing and review. Here's hoping that I can work a deal with IDE which is the same. I have a few flavors from IDE, but not the whole line.

Nostradadus

Member For 4 Years
To be fair haven't looked up Flavorah. Too tired right now.
Here is the address (which is public information) for IDE vapor
IDE Vapors, LLC
2702 Zola Dr.
Greensboro, NC 27205
Posted on the eliquidrecipes.com forum.
I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I really want to know where the lab/clean room is located at? :eek:
It looks like Flavorah has a po box. Most likely working in the house.Maybe?
Is everyone working in the basement now? Prove me wrong and show me some evidence of a clean room somewhere?

Again, I'm not trying to be mean or bitchy. I just want to know. I really would like to order some flavors. I am hesitant in ordering from a re bottler who does it in their home.

I will try to find out more about these two companies. I'm with you on knowing exactly how things are mixed, prepared and bottled. Better safe than sorry.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I'm about to find out real soon. I have a box on the way from Flavorah (just shipped today) which contains their whole line of flavorings for testing and review. Here's hoping that I can work a deal with IDE which is the same. I have a few flavors from IDE, but not the whole line.
I'm curious...if they were comped in return for reviews, are you reviewing them on a youtube channel or a website? Or did you pay? If you don't mind me asking.

Nostradadus

Member For 4 Years
I'm curious...if they were comped in return for reviews, are you reviewing them on a youtube channel or a website? Or did you pay? If you don't mind me asking.
I don't mind you asking at all. These flavors were offered, free of charge, to a number of individuals I know, which are in the vaping community, specifically for the intent of flavor reviews and recipe options. Who am I to refuse free flavorings? I am not sure as to where all these reviews will be posted, however, I do plan on posting mine on VU and a few others.

I'm not a pushover when it comes to flavorings for the purpose of mixing eliquids. Just because they're comped does not sway my opinion on whether the flavors are quality or crap. I just like to tell folks where the good stuff is located and sometimes more importantly, where not to spend your hard earned cash on flavorings. I've been pissed off too many times by crappy flavorings not worth the effort to pour it down the drain and save the bottle.

Nostradadus

Member For 4 Years
Well, I kinda got lazy on this project and decided to let it go; more important things took my attention and patience.

Last edited:

piergarrettinni

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mother Murphy's likely manufactures to the individual spec of the individual customer. Meaning FLV likely worked with Mother Murphy to develop their flavors independent of IDE, Same for IDE. I havent tested side by side but from my experience working for an eliquid company in the southeast I can tell you that we contracted with a lab to make our juice. They provided us with many iterations and worked with us on creating the flavor profile we were going for. Once we locked down the finished product we owned that flavor and the lab couldnt legally sell that recipe elsewhere.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mother Murphy's likely manufactures to the individual spec of the individual customer. Meaning FLV likely worked with Mother Murphy to develop their flavors independent of IDE, Same for IDE. I havent tested side by side but from my experience working for an eliquid company in the southeast I can tell you that we contracted with a lab to make our juice. They provided us with many iterations and worked with us on creating the flavor profile we were going for. Once we locked down the finished product we owned that flavor and the lab couldnt legally sell that recipe elsewhere.

Are you talking about juice or flavors? The lab was making you flavors, from which you would mix your juice, or the lab was making your juice?
I ask because the question here is about flavorings.

piergarrettinni

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you talking about juice or flavors? The lab was making you flavors, from which you would mix your juice, or the lab was making your juice?
I ask because the question here is about flavorings.
In our case it was juice, but the point remains the same. Flavorings or juice, a contract lab is going to produce to the the customers spec.

VU Sponsors