Become a Patron!

Flavorful juice?

Brachra

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was wondering, where can i find very very very Flavorful juice? Ive gone through FreedomSmoke USA, Vape wild, Southwest smokeless and V3, so far i feel like V3 doesnt have any taste at all which is shocking.

Any suggestions would be great

Oh! Preferably cheap-budget E-juice that also doesn't lack in flavor.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you ever consider the problem might not be the juice????

Could be your coil is cooking all the flavor away....

Store bought juice is over flavored for me... so much so I have to dilute it to vape it. To Taste THE flavor. Also we might help more if we knew the flavors you are having issues with.... Seller doesn't always help.. unless we are discussing House Juices.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I was wondering, where can i find very very very Flavorful juice? Ive gone through FreedomSmoke USA, Vape wild, Southwest smokeless and V3, so far i feel like V3 doesnt have any taste at all which is shocking.

Any suggestions would be great

Oh! Preferably cheap-budget E-juice that also doesn't lack in flavor.
Try Fuggin Vapor

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How long ago did you stop smoking? Sometimes those that have smoked for a long time have "dead" taste buds. It can take awhile for those to improve and one's sense of taste return.

vaporscout

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
also try BrokeDick.com the prices are cheap but don't let that throw you, the juices are flavorful.

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As HondaDavidson noted, there are a lot of factors that can affect the flavor of your juice. The mod, coils, tank, watts you're vaping at, the juice itself, etc. I've even found that different flavors taste best at different wattage. And Teresa has hit on a big one too, length of time not smoking. I know when I first started I didn't think the flavor was all that. But once my taste buds started to "wake up" things got interesting! It took a month or so, but things got better. :) Knowing what you are using for your set up, and other specifics (watts, etc.) might help us help you.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMO.. Until you get the NO flavor issue resolved... I would stay with 1 or 2 flavors along with some UNflavored juice.. for now..... Start switching flavors and Brands when you want better or different flavors... but the variety of searching is going to make the search harder if you are after FLAVOR, in the first place.

Gotta get those taste buds working before you start confusing them with new flavors to learn how to taste.

Brachra

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How long ago did you stop smoking? Sometimes those that have smoked for a long time have "dead" taste buds. It can take awhile for those to improve and one's sense of taste return.
15 days ago
IMO.. Until you get the NO flavor issue resolved... I would stay with 1 or 2 flavors along with some UNflavored juice.. for now..... Start switching flavors and Brands when you want better or different flavors... but the variety of searching is going to make the search harder if you are after FLAVOR, in the first place.

Gotta get those taste buds working before you start confusing them with new flavors to learn how to taste.
Not really flavor chasing though, i just assumed that extremely flavorful juice might make my juice taste like what its supposed to taste like?
Did you ever consider the problem might not be the juice????

Could be your coil is cooking all the flavor away....

Store bought juice is over flavored for me... so much so I have to dilute it to vape it. To Taste THE flavor. Also we might help more if we knew the flavors you are having issues with.... Seller doesn't always help.. unless we are discussing House Juices.

Ive tried it with Q4 X4 T6 T8 Etc smok coils. starting at lowest wattage printed to begin, and upping it usually somewhere in the "Best" printed range. airflow adjusted and all to where i want it.
Setup
SMOK T-Priv
TFv8 Big baby beast
TFv12 cloud beast king (i dont like this at all and am getting rid of it)

I guess i should be more clear, i have tasted flavor before.

Freedomsmoke USA: **Zona Cream**. Started out tasting like Captain crunch, then became nothing, now it tastes like strawberry and bananas. a week later? Weak as ever, barely taste it anymore, even after not vaping it for a long time.

SWS **Green Apple* Now tastes like shampoo smells, which is strange because it was amazing the day it was made, now its just...flavorless and weird.
**Stardust** I actually loved this one, towards the end of the bottle it became strange and chemically tasting

VapeWild:
Oct17 Mystery: Overpowered butter & pecan flavor, then tasted like its description, now not much like anything

Cinnamon toast cereal: day 1: Milk, cinnamon, toast crunchy goodness. Then tasted like a piece of buttered toast with cinnamon and sugar, now tastes not much like anything.

Tigers blood: tastes like fruity blend of goodness and actually still tastes pretty good. Starting to become slightly muted, but still.

Flint Stoned (Fruity pebbles): From day 1 has tasted like disgusting perfume and shampoo mixed with hairspray and chemicals. been steeping since then (i wanna say about a week and a half) the fruity pebble smell comes and goes, mostly smells just like it tasted back then. definitely wasted money on these bottles.

Just an example

I want Cerealy, milky, custardy, etc flavors. I have Gooey butter cake, Krunchy berries, and Cinnamon toast cereal from V3 and they all taste like Holy-shitballs muted versions of their descriptions. Its so faint that i feel that the small amount of flavor im getting from them might actually be in my head and placebo effect.

Side note:: I just woke up i apologize if this doesnt make as much sense as it could.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AHHH... Sounds like you are developing a case of vapers tongue....... Taste buds are OVER stimulated......

Only cure I know of is reduced watts and flavoring, extra water and time.

Brachra

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
AHHH... Sounds like you are developing a case of vapers tongue....... Taste buds are OVER stimulated......

Only cure I know of is reduced watts and flavoring, extra water and time.
should i reduce my wattage below the printed ranges on my coil?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
should i reduce my wattage below the printed ranges on my coil?

Sure..... why not??? But I was actually thinking using a coil or build that requires less wattage for a good vape. Goal is to reduce intensity of the vape so the tongue can relax and recuperate.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
15 days ago

So, depending on how long you smoked, your tastebuds are either blunted or comatose -- the blunting is VERY common, and generally passes within about 3 months. Comatose is what *I* had to deal with, and also the fact that my asthma forbids me from vaping at too high a wattage, or having too much vapor, like that from high-VG, so I had to move to DIY ejuice very soon after I started vaping, and have had to mix at 25%-30% flavoring; it took nearly 2 yrs of smoke-free before I could come down from 31% flavoring AT ALL (first reducing sweetener), and now at just over 3 yrs smoke-free, I've finally gotten my ADV down to just a bit under 25% flavoring. I'll keep trying to go lower, but at my low wattage (9.5-10 watts), I probably won't go below 20%.

The biggest factor I found that helped with the ejuices I bought, before I started mixing my own, is sweetener -- no ejuices were sweet at all to me, but once I added some sweetener, suddenly I could taste them just fine, and they were sweet enough. I highly recommend The Flavor Apprentice Sweetener; it's concentrated liquid sucralose, but it's better than any other version I've tried; it doesn't have that awful artificial whang, it's just sweet (VERY sweet). Get some of that, add a drop or two to each tankful, and you'll see a big difference.

Andria

Brachra

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, depending on how long you smoked, your tastebuds are either blunted or comatose -- the blunting is VERY common, and generally passes within about 3 months. Comatose is what *I* had to deal with, and also the fact that my asthma forbids me from vaping at too high a wattage, or having too much vapor, like that from high-VG, so I had to move to DIY ejuice very soon after I started vaping, and have had to mix at 25%-30% flavoring; it took nearly 2 yrs of smoke-free before I could come down from 31% flavoring AT ALL (first reducing sweetener), and now at just over 3 yrs smoke-free, I've finally gotten my ADV down to just a bit under 25% flavoring. I'll keep trying to go lower, but at my low wattage (9.5-10 watts), I probably won't go below 20%.

The biggest factor I found that helped with the ejuices I bought, before I started mixing my own, is sweetener -- no ejuices were sweet at all to me, but once I added some sweetener, suddenly I could taste them just fine, and they were sweet enough. I highly recommend The Flavor Apprentice Sweetener; it's concentrated liquid sucralose, but it's better than any other version I've tried; it doesn't have that awful artificial whang, it's just sweet (VERY sweet). Get some of that, add a drop or two to each tankful, and you'll see a big difference.

Andria
This helps me feel a bit better! Smoked 2-4 packs a day average for the last 17 years. Also was dipping a can a day of grizzly Wintergreen. I'm gonna go with blunted AND comatose? Heh :/

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This helps me feel a bit better! Smoked 2-4 packs a day average for the last 17 years. Also was dipping a can a day of grizzly Wintergreen. I'm gonna go with blunted AND comatose? Heh :/

Yeah, could be! :D I smoked anywhere from 1 to 3.5 pks a day for 39 yrs (it varied a lot depending on how much they cost and how flush we were!). Try the sweetener -- https://www.bullcityflavors.com/sweetener-tfa/ -- it made a big diff for me. It's kinda like if you drink tea -- unsweetened tea just tastes like bitter water; add some sugar, and suddenly, it's TEA!

If you decide to get into DIY ejuice just so you can taste what you vape, check out my Strawberry & Cream recipe, at http://vapingunderground.com/blogs/andria-s-best-recipes.20/ -- I keep both the original 31% version and the latest version posted, just because that original was the very first juice I could really *taste* completely, rather than just a nice smell and a suggestion of flavor.

Also -- a lot of vendors offer "flavor shots" -- the opportunity to add more flavoring -- and if that option is available, TAKE IT! I know that ecblendflavors.com offers that.

It does pass, but it's extremely variable, how long it might take; everyones' tastebuds are different.

Andria

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I'd say comatose! That's a lot a tobacco a day for 17 years. My suggestion would be to rotate juice. Have 2 to 3 small bottles on you all the time. When one flavor starts to taste trashy, give it a rest and reload with the next. I used to do this when I first started and it helped. Another suggestion would be to perhaps get a tank that is known for producing flavor. My favorite flavor chasing tank is the Aspire Clieto with their 2.7 ohm coil at about 40 watts. In seeing what your rig is, I can tell you that Smok tanks and coils are not really known for the great flavor that they produce, clouds are great though. Anyway, your call. I'd try rotating flavors through out the day first. From there maybe a new tank. Another thing is keep flavors simple to begin with. Single flavors like black cherry, blue berry, vanilla and so on. Make it easy for your lazy pallet to sort out. Chocolate covered cherry mocha just ain't gonna get you anywhere! ;) And try one thing at a time. Trying to fix too much at once will get confusing. Good Luck !

eggbreak

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think that's one of the most difficult things when deciding what ejuice to buy and reading reviews, etc. on ejuice. Everybody's got a different preference for what they consider to be a good amount of flavoring and a good amount of sweetness. Of course, both will have to vary as a matter of necessity based on the target flavor profile of the juice; I've read from DIY-ers that some flavor cocktails taste just really off at higher concentrations, and it seems fairly obvious that adding a lot of sweetener to any juice could manipulate the flavor profile for the worse. However, it definitely does mess with things, and there's really no good way to determine this outside of finding a reviewer on YouTube or elsewhere that you know has the same appreciation for flavors as you.

I recently had this happen with Kite In Cloud. I ordered a bunch of their juices since I'd heard great things. It's taken some getting used to their juices, because they're all very, very low in sweeteners, to the point where to me, they taste dry and bitter almost, since I'm used to more popular brands of ejuice who use proportionally much higher levels. However, if I lay off the other juices for a while and focus on the KIC flavors, I can definitely taste what's there, it's just harder for me because I do vape the other juices regularly, and therefore I'm "calibrated" to that.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any suggestions?
Reduced wattage.. reduced flavor and more water.... that's my suggestion...

I also suggest reducing to 1 or 2 juices maybe a 3rd if 1 of the juices is unflavored.

This is my solution to prevention and cure of vapers tongue. Although for myself I tend to skip on the reduced wattage part. . As i already vape at low wattages... but i do DIY my juice and use high PG blends... so intensity reducing can be handled by adding more VG instead....reducing watts.

Tank of unflavored every 2 or 3 tanks goes a long way toward Prevention of worn out taste buds.....

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I really don 't think a person who's been smoke-free just 2 wks can be said to have 'vaper's tongue". I think they have SMOKER'S TONGUE, which means, until they've been off the smokes a LOT longer, their tastebuds just aren't going to be very sensitive to most flavors.

Unflavored would have done nothing except send me rapidly back to cigarettes.

Andria

VU Sponsors