Become a Patron!

Flavors Too Sweet - Help?

kh888

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi All,

I am having some success with DIY, but have noticed that some of my mixes are simply too sweet.

I almost exclusively use VapingZone Super Concentrated Flavors at the recommended 1- 2.5%. However, there is an overall sweetness to many of the flavors that is just "too much of a good thing."

Is there something I can add to cut the sweetness? All my mixes are 50/50 at 3-6mg nic. I don't want to have to invest in a bunch of new flavors if I don't have to.

Thanks!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
list some of your flavorings you are using..

or post up a couple recipes so we can see how things are being used.. :)

kh888

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about a simple one? 30mls total with 50/50 PG/VG, 3mg Nic (all premixed from MBV). 1.5%kiwi and 1% cream super concentrate from VapingZone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
cream is where you are getting that sweet from..
you might want to add in a different cream type from another company to break up the sweetness..

kh888

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you! So, if I want to keep the cream I am using, is there a way to tone it down, or is the only thing I can do is to change mfg? Thanks, again!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i'd use it like:

1% SS Cream
.5% Vanilla Classic fa

no need in changing mfg ;)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
to make that kiwi pop..
try adding .5% white vinegar.. ;)
it will also help with sweetness..

kh888

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow...never thought of that. I appreciate the tip! What does vodka do (in eliquid, not in general - I got that figured out.) ;-)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Wow...never thought of that. I appreciate the tip! What does vodka do (in eliquid, not in general - I got that figured out.) ;-)

it depends on what you are using it for..
high percentages, for a throat hit..
low percentages gives a bit of a kick to other flavors and helps blend them all in..

kh888

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got it..I appreciate the help. One day this will all make sense ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Is there something I can add to cut the sweetness? All my mixes are 50/50 at 3-6mg nic.

I like lots and lots of sweetness, which is one reason I like vaping maximum VG. Have you tried using extra PG and less VG, if that's an option for you?

kh888

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like lots and lots of sweetness, which is one reason I like vaping maximum VG. Have you tried using extra PG and less VG, if that's an option for you?

I have not tried adding more PG. I have always used 50/50, even with all purchased, juices, so I never considered VG as being part of the issue. I will add your suggestion to the list - thank you!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
you could raise up your pg ratio.. ( ie 60pg/40vg or even 75pg/25vg)
but it can also be the flavoring you are using as well :)

VU Sponsors