FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So excited. I noticed that people were posting diy rebuilding in the diy tutorial section, so I requested a name change to diy e-liquid to avoid confusion. It worked! That was remarkably easy!

Edit: so sorry. I thought I was posting this in the diyland thread. Seems silly to erase since I want someone to know. * pats self on back
OMG!!! This is hilarious. We got Chinese take out tonight, and here's my fortune.

Attachments

• pat on back.jpg
    pat on back.jpg
    613.9 KB · Views: 145

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's 2 pats on the back for you today, RP.

(You were patting your back on another thread recently)

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I've been trying to use up alot of my TFA flavors today making rooom for all the FA that I havce on order. Any suggestions ?

Well, since you are not a coffee drinker, and it's summer - how about a milkshake block party for the kids? Bucket of cheap ice-cream, a blender, and drops of flavorings - and you'll be their best friend for the day.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
not finished recipe just a first run but this is what im playing with today. already tasty. think im going to cut the cocoa out and add a touch more chocolate and a bit more bilberry and keep it at 5% total flavoring. either way this is a good starting point if anyone wants to try it

baileys chocolate blueberry cream

2% FA chocolate
1% FA cocoa
1% FA irish cream
1% FA bilberry

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
not finished recipe just a first run but this is what im playing with today. already tasty. think im going to cut the cocoa out and add a touch more chocolate and a bit more bilberry and keep it at 5% total flavoring. either way this is a good starting point if anyone wants to try it

baileys chocolate blueberry cream

2% FA chocolate
1% FA cocoa
1% FA irish cream
1% FA bilberry
Have you been successful with FA chocolate? I typically see cocoa. Mind telling me the difference? I'm sure I could look elsewhere, but I'm feeling google lazy.

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you been successful with FA chocolate? I typically see cocoa. Mind telling me the difference? I'm sure I could look elsewhere, but I'm feeling google lazy.

Me, too! I haven't tried either one, so would love some helpful feedback for my next order.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If anyone wants to try it? Are you teasing us, lol. Of course, let me at it!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I love FA chocolate. its my 2nd favorite chocolate , first is cocoa . anyways fa cocoa should be named chocolate. its just plain ol dark chocolate. FA chocolate is like chocolate liquor. "baileys chocolate" . both are very good. cocoa gets used more often because its just plain ol chocolate. ....... not sure if you have tried inawera chocolate cream. its kinda like that. I say inawera chocolate cream is just FA cocoa and fa chocolate mixed lol.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Huge difference between FA Cocoa and FA Chocolate! Think of Chocolate as a chocolate-liqueur flavoring - works great in beverage-type vapes. Cocoa or mostly Cocoa+bit of Chocolate is better for most recipes you'd want chocolate flavor in. With most nic, standalone Cocoa tastes powdery like dark cocoa (baking powder, not hot chocolate). With Vapers Tek, it's tasty standalone because the sweetness and smoothness is boosted - so it's a lot like bakers' semi-sweet chocolate bars. I like to use Cocoa and Chocolate together in cocktail vapes for authentic chocolate liqueur flavor.

If you've ever vaped Halo's Belgian Cocoa - that is the flavor of FA Cocoa (plus a little Chocolate) in not-so-great nic base. It's better in VT nic!

Chocolate can be vaped at higher power, but Cocoa scorches if you try that - and it's NOT pleasant scorched.

If you like the dark chocolate of Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies, or anything dipped in dark chocolate, no other flavorings do that as well as FA Cocoa or Cocoa+Chocolate. With careful mixing and a good collection of flavorings, you can get milk chocolate, but it's a challenging task: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-irish-mocha.1857/ does get good milk-chocolate from them.

You guys know I don't keep secrets - always happy to explain any tricks I've learned. My Kalev & Hussel recipe is an example of 'dark chocolate dipped' effect; Girl Scout Thin Mints is one of my best flavor matches to a real food; Basic Cocoa Cookies is still my favorite chocolate vape. My Creamy Cocktail Vape Party uses Chocolate Liqueur in the 'Liqueur Cabinet' to make lots of sweet, creamy cocktails: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-creamy-cocktail-vape-party-numerous-recipes.1852/ My favorites there with chocolate liqueur are Kit Kat Shooter with no added cream, Chocolate Squirrel, and Monk's Butt - pretty much in that order. Chocolate Liqueur goes especially well with my Frangelico from the 'Liqueur Cabinet'.

I go through a lot of FA Cocoa!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love FA chocolate. its my 2nd favorite chocolate , first is cocoa . anyways fa cocoa should be named chocolate. its just plain ol dark chocolate. FA chocolate is like chocolate liquor. "baileys chocolate" . both are very good. cocoa gets used more often because its just plain ol chocolate. ....... not sure if you have tried inawera chocolate cream. its kinda like that. I say inawera chocolate cream is just FA cocoa and fa chocolate mixed lol.
I actually really like inw chocolate cream. Thank you for the differences. Now, I need to put chocolate in my cart.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm having a really hard time with cocoa scorching and gunking up my coils recently - vaping at lower power, and I can't even get through 3mls without it burning.....gah! It's so good when it's new, but I can't seem to get it not to burn - maybe it's because I chain vape?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I actually really like inw chocolate cream. Thank you for the differences. Now, I need to put chocolate in my cart.
inawera chocolate cream is my number 3 chocolate and my favorite inawera flavor

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I'm having a really hard time with cocoa scorching and gunking up my coils recently - vaping at lower power, and I can't even get through 3mls without it burning.....gah! It's so good when it's new, but I can't seem to get it not to burn - maybe it's because I chain vape?
you have the V4 right ? what ohms are you running at ?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

...or you're using over 3% of it. I love it as high as 5% standalone, but for Cocoa, I add extra water to keep it thin, and I keep the power low - both things help. And I have extra premade coils waiting for me when I need them. I make a lot of recipes with it because I can use less Cocoa and still get the flavor that way - I don't like it as much standalone under 3%

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I'm using the V4 ,and it's at 1.7ohms on the Provari. And I'm only using it at 3%. I do add 5% saline to my nic base - I wonder if that's the issue? My base is 50/50.

I have the same problem in the Reo, although the coil there is probably around 1.5. But I'm using rayon - hmmm, perhaps I need to try it with cotton, although the rayon should outperform the cotton.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
oh man ok , i run a mech mod around 1- 1.2 ohms and still like it. anything under 1 ohm and its starts to taste bad.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually run my reos around 1.0-1.3, but the Provari won't read anything that low.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, any plans for upcoming White Peach or Fuji flavor notes?

I hope to eventually have notes here on all the flavorings I use, but I'm not very fast.

White Peach is one of FA's best fruit flavors - like a fresh, ripe, white peach.

Fuji is much crisper, stronger apple flavor than FA Apple, and I'm getting much more use from it. FA's Apple is probably based on Yellow Delicious (Italy's most popular apple), and Fuji there may be a different strain that the American version. Anyway, it's a good, clean, crisp apple, close enough to Fuji apples I've eaten to convince me that's what it is. Wllmc did a flavor comparison with a real Fuji, but I haven't.

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
never used a kraken. one of these days I'll get one. maybe ill bump it up the list a little.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
it's turned out sweet.. but i like to err.. hot box.. it and well have to remember after the second vape.. slow down and tilt..
other than that, coming from me as a dripper for over a year now.. it is sweet.. I didnt think I would be able to like it.. thought the air intake was going to be too tight.. but eh.. i kill cartos and atties.. figured i'd try this and see how much abuse i can give it :D

but it sure has messed my sweet fig tobacco up.. going to really have to rework the recipe and a couple others.. :confused:

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hahaha oh man this whole time i thought reo's were VW mods. now i feel dumb lmao. now i want one
That males two of us. They did make VV models a while back but stopped.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...White Peach is one of FA's best fruit flavors - like a fresh, ripe, white peach.

Fuji is much crisper, stronger apple ...

I'm going to send FA a letter nominating you for non affiliated salesperson of the year. You're bad for my vaping budget.

In related news, White Peach was one of the flavors I ordered this time around. It smells OUTSTANDING!

I really like the TFA Juicy Peach and plan on keeping it in the rack as an accent or for when I need a touch of sweet fruit, but I doubt I'll ever reach for it again as a main flavor.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had kraken (clone), and I had an rsst. I decided that I'm just not a genny guy. Too much work, can't lay the darn thing down. Finicky. And ss wick is just the worst. Tried cotton wicks, and was like "why am I doing this?". Bought a Kayfun clone and washed my hands of the whole ordeal.

Last edited:

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC ~ you can have a Kayfun clone. Too much work.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Claire, I don't really drink either - but I'd totally vape that, youbetcha! Good flavor combo there. Do you vape the flavors you wouldn't actually drink?

I'm on a tropical kick.. I want something with the flavors of Sri Lanka, very sweet coconut, mango, pineapple sorta thing. But not the version I'm vaping at the moment. I'll have little mixing time for a week - hate it when that happens.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
think I will keep bouncing.. breaking cartos and atties.. tilting the tanks and dripping my drippers..

at least i get to see what it is all like.. using just my dripper, i kind of limit myself and i forget what a newbie vaper goes tho..
I can say, I have to appreciate their efforts in finding a good vape..:confused: lmao!!

hmm currently vaping on my Earl.. a spicy tobacco marinated in good ol Kentucky Bourbon.. :)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC - too late to edit now, but I meant to say, you can have my Kayfun clone.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Havok, what you got?? hmm?? :p
Gots all manner of stuff around here. Kraken, RSST, AGA-T2, AGA-T3 for gennie styles but don't use them much these days. Atomic, Double Cross, Trident V2, Zenith V2, IGO-L x2, IGO-W x2 and both of those with Halo top caps. The Zenith V2 and IGO-Ws are about all I use and keep them pretty low ohms. 0.25 - 0.7

I've nearly eliminated nic altogether and only mix 2-3%. Going to try no nic in the comings days o see if I can even tell a difference. I do chain vape all day and go though at least 7-8 ml easy so we'll see how things go.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
what a re you vaping on rocket ?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Gots all manner of stuff around here. Kraken, RSST, AGA-T2, AGA-T3 for gennie styles but don't use them much these days. Atomic, Double Cross, Trident V2, Zenith V2, IGO-L x2, IGO-W x2 and both of those with Halo top caps. The Zenith V2 and IGO-Ws are about all I use and keep them pretty low ohms. 0.25 - 0.7

I've nearly eliminated nic altogether and only mix 2-3%. Going to try no nic in the comings days o see if I can even tell a difference. I do chain vape all day and go though at least 7-8 ml easy so we'll see how things go.

oohhh check you out!! lmao.. when i get down towards your way, Havok.. I wont need much in gear *snickers..
(joking!!) but maybe we can do a small meet up this fall-ish.. would like that..

I can say.. the drop between 2-6% is not much and chances are you wont notice it as bad.. go for it, if you think you can take.. :D

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Going to try no nic in the comings days o see if I can even tell a difference. I do chain vape all day and go though at least 7-8 ml easy so we'll see how things go.
good luck ! I tried this around christmas. was going to try and be at zero at the first of the year but didnt make it. lasted about a day lol. Im just not ready for that. still mentally addicted I think and dont really have a reason to quit nicotine right now. I stay between 3-6 mg

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i bounce between 0 and 6..
I do 6 in the mornings till I am wake and moving.. then zeros..
and if I need a pick up.. i can go back to my 6's.. it's helped.. :)

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Then I would have to spend time fiddling with that instead of mixing :eek: My simple stuff satisfies me, most of the time. Low maintenance and cheap hardware is a plus.
Nuttin wrong with that. Before I get into RDAs I was using Vivi Nova tanks and winding my own coils or them. Today's bottom coil clearos are supposed to work much better but I'm spoiled on dripping now. Gonna be going the bf mod route very soon I think.

VU Sponsors