Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not a bakery person. Really, I'm not.

But after all this "cookie" love, I figured I'd give it a try, and threw a bottle on my last BCV order. After letting it sit, abandoned, in the corner of my flavor box for a few weeks, I mixed some up at 5% standalone tonight and stuck it in hot water for 1/2 hour.

I might be a bakery person after all, or at least a cookie fiend...but I still want to add fruit. Which lime should I go with, and how much, and what else?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did you mix that yourself or can you buy it somewhere? I thought I read somewhere on here that you can mix your own, but can't seem to find the thread....

I use NOW Better Stevia Glycerite, "Alcohol Free", in my Coffee.
So I''ve made a 10% dilution in PG cause it's really sweet and thick.
1 drop from the original bottle would be way too strong for me.
But it's base is VG so drops are really to big to get any precision.
Alcohol base is OK because it's pretty thin and it could also be diluted in PG.
(Liquid Extract is better than the powdered stuff IMO)
Watch out for "other ingredients".

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
^^ Will have to try this, I've been using EM to sweeten things left and right, but don't like the long term taste of it. Plus the price of stevia is way cheeper than concentrated sweetners sold on DIY shops.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use NOW Better Stevia Glycerite, "Alcohol Free", in my Coffee.
So I''ve made a 10% dilution in PG cause it's really sweet and thick.
1 drop from the original bottle would be way too strong for me.
But it's base is VG so drops are really to big to get any precision.
Alcohol base is OK because it's pretty thin and it could also be diluted in PG.
(Liquid Extract is better than the powdered stuff IMO)
Watch out for "other ingredients".
If one already had the powder on hand, how would recommend going about a dilution?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If one already had the powder on hand, how would recommend going about a dilution?

No idea because it's measured differently, by tsp. or whatever for baking.
Powder measuring being different that liquid of course.
Might take some experimentation.
I'd start with 1/2 tsp. in 15ml PG, and it might take a bit for it to dissolve properly.
Then taste it.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not a bakery person. Really, I'm not.

But after all this "cookie" love, I figured I'd give it a try, and threw a bottle on my last BCV order. After letting it sit, abandoned, in the corner of my flavor box for a few weeks, I mixed some up at 5% standalone tonight and stuck it in hot water for 1/2 hour.

I might be a bakery person after all, or at least a cookie fiend...but I still want to add fruit. Which lime should I go with, and how much, and what else?
I recall seeing adding fa lime tahiti not the cold pressed to COOKIE. I have yet to try the recipe. Try 1.5 % FA cookie, 3% FA Lime Tahiti...I believe the recipe was 2% cookie, 4% lime tahiti....I usually start lower. Don't forget to shake flavors before adding! I am always forgetting!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recall seeing adding fa lime tahiti not the cold pressed to COOKIE. I have yet to try the recipe. Try 1.5 % FA cookie, 3% FA Lime Tahiti...I believe the recipe was 2% cookie, 4% lime tahiti....I usually start lower. Don't forget to shake flavors before adding! I am always forgetting!
That's what I was looking for - lime tahity, not cold pressed...will give it a shot. And thanks for the reminder, still training myself to shake before mixing...

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I was looking for - lime tahity, not cold pressed...will give it a shot. And thanks for the reminder, still training myself to shake before mixing...
Me too, I thought it was only orange and mandarin until reading the last few pages of this thread!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it's not what you want you can always try mixing the 2 limes. Tahiti is more lime zest, where cold pressed is more lime juice. They go great in Jamaican rum & with custard too!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As @wllmc is just starting out his business he may be out of a flavor or not carry one yet. Just go to http://mamajsjuice.com click on contact us and let him & mama know what you need. He has set aside flavors for me while awaiting a shipment from fa and sent me my stuff when it all came in! Always a pleasure to support friends. Fast shipping! Reply back to you quickly! They are good honest people! @Echamberlain

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well my first @wllmc order is officially in, to try some of his custom mixes and get a few extras needed to make some of the @HeadInClouds recipes I just picked up. Seems this "starting DIY to save money" is about as legit as "quitting smoking to save money."

Don't care, still stoked...
I'm right with you! HICs mixes and Wllmc are amazing! I thought I was spending more vaping, but then I used that site to calculate my savings from smoking and I figure I'm still $1500 ahead in 6 mos. Of not smoking even with buying flavors, recipes, coils, vg, nic, tanks, batteries...and I don't cough, and have a new hobby, and all you at vu! I'm way happier and I smell better!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm right with you! HICs mixes and Wllmc are amazing! I thought I was spending more vaping, but then I used that site to calculate my savings from smoking and I figure I'm still $1500 ahead in 6 mos. Of not smoking even with buying flavors, recipes, coils, vg, nic, tanks, batteries...and I don't cough, and have a new hobby, and all you at vu! I'm way happier and I smell better!
My family is probably ahead overall...when we smoked i'd buy a carton, my wife would buy a few packs, i'd buy a few, she'd buy a carton...since we started vaping, the new rule is "if you buy something shiny, I want one too!" And since I'm normally the one with the shinyitis, my costs (as noted in my sig) have doubled while hers have dropped to virtually zero, aside from an occasional bottle of juice before we started mixing.

@wllmc is too cool though - guy just opened up and let me buy some of his private stash so I could get everything I needed in one order. You rock!

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My family is probably ahead overall...when we smoked i'd buy a carton, my wife would buy a few packs, i'd buy a few, she'd buy a carton...since we started vaping, the new rule is "if you buy something shiny, I want one too!" And since I'm normally the one with the shinyitis, my costs (as noted in my sig) have doubled while hers have dropped to virtually zero, aside from an occasional bottle of juice before we started mixing.

@wllmc is too cool though - guy just opened up and let me buy some of his private stash so I could get everything I needed in one order. You rock!

And this is why @wllmc and MamaJ's has the best customer service.

Pillzee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Man this thread is so active it is hard to find a place to jump in. I have made a couple of posts but am mainly a lurker. I am changing that as I want to be more active in this community. I started DIY about 6 months ago to save money as I was unemployed at the time. Now I work in the industry as I work with @Roundhouse at BCV. This is such an amazing hobby/career and I am learning things every day.

and I smell better!

That's what I tell everyone... I used to smell like a dirty ashtray and now I smell delicious!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks so much for the kind words,everyone. We are overwhelmed with support. I should hsve tahity lime by tues ish. If im absent from VU its becsuse we are working lol. Support is always online To answer any questions. 2 new flavors are up , MJ4 our version of ry4 And huckled berries. Both great vapes.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Man this thread is so active it is hard to find a place to jump in. I have made a couple of posts but am mainly a lurker. I am changing that as I want to be more active in this community. I started DIY about 6 months ago to save money as I was unemployed at the time. Now I work in the industry as I work with @Roundhouse at BCV. This is such an amazing hobby/career and I am learning things every day.

That's what I tell everyone... I used to smell like a dirty ashtray and now I smell delicious!
Im jealous lol. Tell drew hey !

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well my first @wllmc order is officially in, to try some of his custom mixes and get a few extras needed to make some of the @HeadInClouds recipes I just picked up. Seems this "starting DIY to save money" is about as legit as "quitting smoking to save money."

Don't care, still stoked...
Once you have all the supplies to keep you content it is in fact cheaper. That couple large orders at the beginning don't count, lol.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks so much for the kind words,everyone. We are overwhelmed with support. I should hsve tahity lime by tues ish. If im absent from VU its becsuse we are working lol. Support is always online To answer any questions. 2 new flavors are up , MJ4 our version of ry4 And huckled berries. Both great vapes.

Once you get an online store rolling you won't have the time to sh**.:D
Sounds like you're just about there now, lol.
Grats on your progress so far.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@wllmc How long do you suggest steeping your 'game over custard'? I just mixed up a batch last night, and its really good.
But if it were your mix, how long would you let it sit?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@wllmc How long do you suggest steeping your 'game over custard'? I just mixed up a batch last night, and its really good.
But if it were your mix, how long would you let it sit?
I dont steep anything. not even crab. hahahah. but If I were trying to impress my friends I might say give that one a week ish. Im sure its no big surprise one of the 10 different flavors is caps custard in the Game Over Custard. If you like fresh caps custard go for it right away but caps custard is like fine wine to, the longer it sets the smoother and fuller it gets. between jessica and I 30 mls of that stuff mixed up last about 2 days lol. Thats her favorite one.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dont steep anything. not even crab. hahahah. but If I were trying to impress my friends I might say give that one a week ish. Im sure its no big surprise one of the 10 different flavors is caps custard in the Game Over Custard. If you like fresh caps custard go for it right away but caps custard is like fine wine to, the longer it sets the smoother and fuller it gets. between jessica and I 30 mls of that stuff mixed up last about 2 days lol. Thats her favorite one.
Thanks man, thats kinda what I thought. It is really good now, but most bakery flavors just get better with time. Being able to taste your 'standard' custard will help me alot on my own quest. I just dont vape assembled juices, and havnt for almost my entire vaping career. I only know my own diy stuff, so its really really nice to get an example of someone elses version.

Ha, crab. Is that FA?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I had one of the first versions. for me it wasnt very durable but I beat the crap out of everything I have. I cant believe it goes up to 55 watts ! nice. I cant remember what mine was but it was very limited and dont remeber it being variable wattage just voltage. I woud think it would be just fine and the price is right. if you can do the vape budget hands and see if you can get one of those IPV mini 2 I would get that. right aorund 60-80 bucs but worth it. several people I know have them and jessica just got one. super badass for the price.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man, thats kinda what I thought. It is really good now, but most bakery flavors just get better with time. Being able to taste your 'standard' custard will help me alot on my own quest. I just dont vape assembled juices, and havnt for almost my entire vaping career. I only know my own diy stuff, so its really really nice to get an example of someone elses version.

Ha, crab. Is that FA?
ya lol, if you are brave enough I'll share some with you. it was free to me and sharing makes the world go round right lol.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had one of the first versions. for me it wasnt very durable but I beat the crap out of everything I have. I cant believe it goes up to 55 watts ! nice. I cant remember what mine was but it was very limited and dont remeber it being variable wattage just voltage. I woud think it would be just fine and the price is right. if you can do the vape budget hands and see if you can get one of those IPV mini 2 I would get that. right aorund 60-80 bucs but worth it. several people I know have them and jessica just got one. super badass for the price.
Ok, but is it this pretty?

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ayear or so ago Vamos were really popular. They are inexpensive and fairly durable. If you use protank style atomizers they are a nice device. That one says it tops out at 55 watts or 7.4 volts which isn't bad.

VU Sponsors