Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I doubt if I will be investing in more nic anytime soon. Any cash I have to spend on this will be making my favorites of those tiny bottles into larger versions.

I have just been running them through a couple warm cycles in the ultrasonic cleaner. I do have a slow cooker what kind of time do people use for that?

I usually do tobaccos for four hours, a hour or two for anything else, then at least 24 hours before any serious judgment. Some tobaccos will continue to develop/change, usually for the better, for weeks to come. I use the low setting and keep the lid cracked about half an inch, this keeps the water temp ~150.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I usually do tobaccos for four hours, a hour or two for anything else, then at least 24 hours before any serious judgment. Some tobaccos will continue to develop/change, usually for the better, for weeks to come. I use the low setting and keep the lid cracked about half an inch, this keeps the water temp ~150.
Thats pretty quick. I will give it a try once my glass bottles come in.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Next batch of banana coconut cream pie (@wllmc) I will make with VT. I've vaped through about 60ml in the last 8 days! We have a winner!
So, to follow up. I mixed up a 60ml of this (one of my new favorites!) with VT and WOW! I'm very impressed at how much cleaner the flavor is. It even smells better. Definitely smoother. I had tried vaping this (with WL) at .2ohm and it didn't taste that great(muted, a little harsh). Tasted better at .4ohm. Now, I tried it again at .2 with the VT and it is full clean smooth flavor. What a difference!

Last edited:

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, to follow up. I mixed up a 60ml of this (one of my new favorites!) with VT and WOW! I'm very impressed at how much cleaner the flavor is. It even smells better. Definitely smoother. I had tried vaping this (with WL) at .2ohm and it didn't taste that great(muted, a little harsh). Tasted better at .4ohm. Now, I tried it again at .2 with the VT and it is full clean smooth flavor. What a difference!
Apple Pie and Coconut on the list with cold press and marzipan. How's FA pineapple? I got inw shisha pineapple kinda tastes like smoking (like applying flame) dried pineapple chunks.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
How's FA pineapple? I got inw shisha pineapple kinda tastes like smoking (like applying flame) dried pineapple chunks.

FA's is pineapple juice, to my tastes. Not as sweet as dried pineapple; not tart like a cut-open fruit. This caught my eye because I'm vaping a papaya colada (pineapple, coconut, papaya, didn't even bother with the rum). Papaya and pineapple are so juicy together, suh-weeet partners, and the coconut makes it all creamy. If you happen to have a vanilla cake flavor you use, just a hint of cake in there puts it over the top. Oh - it also makes great ambrosia and regular pina-coladas, of course.

Last edited:

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Apple Pie and Coconut on the list with cold press and marzipan. How's FA pineapple? I got inw shisha pineapple kinda tastes like smoking (like applying flame) dried pineapple chunks.
Only have about 30 FA flavors...44 new on the way. Half come tomorrow! Including pineapple. :) I'll let you know.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FA's is pineapple juice, to my tastes. This caught my eye because I'm vaping a papaya colada (pineapple, coconut, papaya, didn't even bother with the rum). Papaya and pineapple are so juicy together, suh-weeet partners, and the coconut makes it all creamy. If you happen to have a vanilla cake flavor you use, just a hint of cake in there puts it over the top. Oh - it also makes great ambrosia and regular pina-coladas, of course.
How's the papaya standalone? Fruit Works? Made a papaya drink that was AMAZING! Definitely my favorite drink after red cream soda.

Edit: Definitely wasn't fruit works. That stuff wasn't that great

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Does white grape remind anyone of liquid amber? Its weird, not in a bad way, but tastes nothing like grape. Mixed it at 5%

White Grape should taste a lot like the Welches version of white grape juice in the glass bottles. You might try it a little lower if it doesn't.

I think of Liquid Amber as 'the fermenter.' Try a little amber, just 1-2%, mixed with white grape to fake a sweet white wine. And it's the best cider-maker I know of; I think that works better with Apple than with Fuji. Amber is a lot of fun to mess around with, if you like a little warmth and a kick.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
How's the papaya standalone? Fruit Works? Made a papaya drink that was AMAZING! Definitely my favorite drink after red cream soda.

I love it, but I love it more with some pineapple. Standalone tastes like papaya nectar from Whole Foods to me. I don't know 'Fruit Works'. I was recently asking why nobody ever talks about it - I guess few have it or tried it. They're missing out. IMO it's up there with White Peach in accuracy and pure deliciousness. And it blends well with so many other flavors; it ought to be more popular.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
FA's is pineapple juice, to my tastes. Not as sweet as dried pineapple; not tart like a cut-open fruit. This caught my eye because I'm vaping a papaya colada (pineapple, coconut, papaya, didn't even bother with the rum). Papaya and pineapple are so juicy together, suh-weeet partners, and the coconut makes it all creamy. If you happen to have a vanilla cake flavor you use, just a hint of cake in there puts it over the top. Oh - it also makes great ambrosia and regular pina-coladas, of course.
Hell yeah, I put a recipe with white peach, pineapple and papaya up earlier today. They are all great. I think the pineapple is also something like pineapple ice-cream topping. Kinda parts of fresh and dried flavors together and sweetened.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love it, but I love it more with some pineapple. Standalone tastes like papaya nectar from Whole Foods to me. I don't know 'Fruit Works'. I was recently asking why nobody ever talks about it - I guess few have it or tried it. They're missing out. IMO it's up there with White Peach in accuracy and pure deliciousness. And it blends well with so many other flavors; it ought to be more popular.
Noted! Now my list is Apple Pie, Cold Press, Pineapple, Coconut (this must be popular, BC is always sold out when I order, could have waited but wanted to try INW version), papaya and marzipan. I'm not a huge apple person but thinking about adding Fuji as well, seems to be a winner.

emsmom

Member For 4 Years
Do any of you experts have any idea how high one can go with the Lemon Sicily before it is bad? I am at 4% now and flavor is still pretty weak and that is dripping. I am working on a lemonade that is nice, bright, strong and tart. I like the Lemon Sicily and mixed with some other lemon I think may work. Also going to try HIC's brilliant idea with the white grape and apple. Just hoping someone has dead tastebuds like I do. I have yet to find a juice that I thought was too strong, but have had many that I wondered where the flavor was. Have been vaping exclusively for over 5 years now, so am shocked that my taste buds haven't recovered more. I know they have with food, but still seems to be an issue with vaping.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Did:
4% FA Watermelon
2% FA Cantaloupe
.25% FA Cucumber
1% TFA Honeydew

Way too strong!!!!!

I used this as flavoring at about 30% still a little strong!

Cantaloupe is a very bold flavor, bullied everything else. Need to rethink this one.

Any melon mixers out there?? <echo> <echo> <crickets>

I'd do it like this:

2% FA Watermelon
.5% FA Cantaloupe
.5% FA Cucumber
.5% TFA Honeydew

might add a drop of brandy or rum to this :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Do any of you experts have any idea how high one can go with the Lemon Sicily before it is bad? I am at 4% now and flavor is still pretty weak and that is dripping. I am working on a lemonade that is nice, bright, strong and tart. I like the Lemon Sicily and mixed with some other lemon I think may work. Also going to try HIC's brilliant idea with the white grape and apple. Just hoping someone has dead tastebuds like I do. I have yet to find a juice that I thought was too strong, but have had many that I wondered where the flavor was. Have been vaping exclusively for over 5 years now, so am shocked that my taste buds haven't recovered more. I know they have with food, but still seems to be an issue with vaping.

I have heard as high as 6% but the best way to find your spot is to go thru the percentages yourself.
what is good for me, might not be good for you. :)

Anyone know what mixes wellwith HPNO (Hypnotica)

i'd try:

champagne
white wine
whiskey
brandy

and other citrus type flavors along with it.

M

maddvaper

For the Lemonade %6-%7.5 Liquid Amber,%3 Vienna Cream and %4.5 Lemon Sicicily works pretty good.I like to menthol-ate it as well......

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Anyone know what mixes wellwith HPNO (Hypnotica)

It's such a nondescript flavor, I can't imagine it clashing with anything. Some people love that one standalone or mixed with Oba-Oba as an all-day vape. I've seen it used to mellow harsh tobacco mixes. Hypnotic Myst just doesn't have a distinct enough flavor for me to find it useful. (now TFA's Hpno, that's one I use...totally different flavor but similar name.)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

If you add grape or apple, it'll make it sweeter (thought you disliked sweet vapes?) I'd sure suggest adding some other flavors to make it pop, instead of going over 5%. Adding Lime Cold-Press, Grapefruit, or Madd Fruit might give you some pucker. Adding strawberry or raspberry or peach (etc.) will give you flavored lemonade, but a bit sweet. You could add TFA Sour or Lorann Tart 'n Sour if those acidic additions work for you.

A classic use of limoncello liqueur (which is the flavor of Lemon Sicily) is mixed with Brandy, Fresh Cream optional. That wouldn't be too sweet, and I think you'd taste it easily. For any real cocktail that uses Limoncello, Lemon Sicily makes it just right.

Last edited:

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK, I'm trying to make a chocolate milk. My percentages are getting pretty high and I just can't find the sweetness I am looking for. The latest version I am up to marshmallow 5%, vienna cream 5%, cocoa 4%, chocolate 1%. The aftertaste gives me a familiar chocolate milk taste but the sweet on the inhale and exhale is just not there. Anyone want to give me the down low on sweeteners? I don't want to mute flavor, I have a hard enough time getting my flavors up to what I like with out sweeteners.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
OK , I'm going to order the AP now.
while you're at it...
Somewhere around here (or maybe on the 'old site') a bunch of us who use mostly FA flavors discussed which TFA flavors we still use. some of them:
Brown Sugar Extra for mixing with FA
Cheesecake Graham crust (NOT regular cheesecake, gag) for mixing with FA
Banana Nut Bread
Molasses for mixing with FA
some use Vanilla Swirl still, because it's a unique dairy-queen-like version
some use their Whipped Cream because it has no 'custard note' ingredients
Cranberry was mentioned by 1-2 people
Holiday Spice for a nutmeg
Maraschino cherry was mentioned
RY4 Double, of course
Their Green Tea is superior to FA's
Wintergreen for me :)
best White Chocolate, but with custard notes

There might be couple others, but those are the ones I can recall FA fans using most. I'd be especially lost without Brown Sugar Extra and Holiday Spice for bakery stuff.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
while you're at it...
Somewhere around here (or maybe on the 'old site') a bunch of us who use mostly FA flavors discussed which TFA flavors we still use. some of them:
Banana Nut Bread
RY4 Double, of course

There might be couple others, but those are the ones I can recall FA fans using most. I'd be especially lost without Brown Sugar Extra and Holiday Spice for bakery stuff.
Ah crap, next time I guess. Thanks for trying to give me a heads up.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's such a nondescript flavor, I can't imagine it clashing with anything. Some people love that one standalone or mixed with Oba-Oba as an all-day vape. I've seen it used to mellow harsh tobacco mixes. Hypnotic Myst just doesn't have a distinct enough flavor for me to find it useful. (now TFA's Hpno, that's one I use...totally different flavor but similar name.)
Really I love it on its own I guess I am odd hahahah.. I cannot imagine adding it to a tobacco but could try I guess :) Thanks @HeadInClouds

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
while you're at it...
Banana Nut Bread
RY4 Double, of course

Yep, many of these were just what I needed and didn't know it til HIC and we2 started posting them in recipes. So, Thanks!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you guys experience shipping delays with Pure Vapes? I ordered like 15 flavors from them on Monday morning and still have not received notice of shipping. I ordered about 30 flavors from ECX same time on Monday, that shipped same day and I already received them. Just curious what the typical experience / wait time is for Pure Vapes...

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do you guys experience shipping delays with Pure Vapes? I ordered like 15 flavors from them on Monday morning and still have not received notice of shipping. I ordered about 30 flavors from ECX same time on Monday, that shipped same day and I already received them. Just curious what the typical experience / wait time is for Pure Vapes...
Yes I had a four business day delay on both of my recent orders until they shipped out. I was guessing that if you order any of the little 3ml FA flavors they have to measure them out and are a little backed up.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Recently, I've not gotten notifications at all. It does get frustrating, but they're local for me and I know how busy they are. 2 dudes, that's it. I'll drop an email sometimes, or call the place he drops them off, only to find out it's been there for days. It hasn't always been like this, but I know between the ECF thread and VU they picked up quite a LOT. When I was buying their pre-mades I'd sometimes get notification the same day. Local shops are (smartly) beginning to carry their liquids and he also ships pretty large orders to vape shops all over.

emsmom

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the suggestions! Tried the grapefruit and boy, what a huge difference! Really made the lemon pop. This is just so interesting how adding another flavor can suddenly make the primary pop! Have a lot to learn but you guys sure are making the journey easier! Thank you.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had a similar experience, they were waiting for 3 ml bottles to come in. I did get an email to let me know.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
holy cow what a week !!!!! got some catching up to do. started a new project in vail this week. been up to my ears in meetings all day and night but we finally get to put some drills in the ground on wednesday. want to get a bunch a fresh vapes to take with me. whats everyone working on ?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
holy cow what a week !!!!! got some catching up to do. started a new project in vail this week. been up to my ears in meetings all day and night but we finally get to put some drills in the ground on wednesday. want to get a bunch a fresh vapes to take with me. whats everyone working on ?

Working in Vail - whoa, that's a haul to travel to every day! Fresh vapes for Vail...champagne and caviar?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Working in Vail - whoa, that's a haul to travel to every day! Fresh vapes for Vail...champagne and caviar?
lol no way. we are staying up there. got Mrs.C and the baby with me. so its not bad. the older kids are staying with their other parents for school. we get to come back on the weekends. not sure I could vape caviar lol. thinking some almond and vanilla. maybe a little oak wood and a pinch of dark vapor

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yay! My first full on 30ml DIY juices in amber glass dropper bottles are in the slow cooker for the night. My keeper recipes so far are HIC's Limoncello Torrone Parfait and Peachy Punch. Went ahead and ordered all the flavors for those in 30ml.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reworking on my Almonboro
0.5% Marzipan
1% Almond
1% Maxblend
1% Black Fire
1% Cuban Supream

It's not too bad, needs to steep a bit and maybe a small tweak to give it a little zing but I'm not sure where I want to go with it. :/

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Moving... No new mixes for the weekend :(

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
my projects at the moment... basic ideas in boldface for the attention-challenged, lol

I've been tweaking a whiskey pudding recipe for the holidays. Each change needs to be tested fresh and after (gasp!) steeping. That delay really slows me down. Whiskey is kind of rough at first but smooths out after a day (with VT nic) or two (yep I tested with WL nic). My ideal is one that's great both ways and with different nic base. I like that fresh-mixed, spikey Whiskey flavor...funny, since I don't ever drink the stuff.

Who was it - Bob? - who doesn't like the chocolate flavor in FA Irish Cream. Is he still around? Because making this recipe led me to a 'Homevape Irish Cream' side project. Knowing all the components, you can make it taste like Baileys or Brendan's or Carolan's or your own version. I think (Bob?) didn't like FA Chocolate and might prefer a version using Cocoa - or one with no chocolate flavors at all.

For the curious, a basic Irish cream vape is 4 parts Whiskey, 2 parts creamy stuff, 2 parts vanilla/coffee stuff, 1-3 parts of chocolate and optional stuff.
Whiskey is FA Whiskey; don't even attempt it with TFA's American version.
'Creamy stuff' can be Fresh Cream, Custard, Vienna, even Catalan cream.
'Vanilla/coffee stuff' can overlap 'creamy stuff' if you use vienna, catalan, or custard, but can includes any FA vanilla flavors, Espresso, and Tiramisu.
'Optional stuff' can be increased amounts of any flavorings already used, Cocoa, Chocolate, Almond, Marzipan, Cinnamon Ceylon or other flavors found less commonly in Irish Cream.

Working on that side project led to a side-side project of advocaat, aka eierlikor (Dutch versus German version of egg liqueur or eggnog liqueur). Now I'm deep in the side-side-side project of finding good use for Bols Advocaat flavor in a Christmas-y recipe. Eierlickortorte is great stuff, not sure I can do the cake part without custard note ingredients.

Figgy pudding ... another project for Christmas .. is moving along. I've said before you can't turn FA Fig into dried figs, but oh YES you can. No problem at all. Now to decide which kind of figgy pudding it works best in. Everyone has their own recipe, and they can vary tremendously. I'm going to just satisfy my own preferences; there are so many options to try.

And one more for Christmas is chocolate-dipped or -stuffed, alcohol-soaked figs. Real ones are hard to find and expensive, but a vape version will let anyone taste them, cheap and easy.

Dunno if I'll get around to pumpkin spice stuff or not, with all the other tastiness to vape.

Oh yeah - and I finally got Black Pepper so I can make pfeffernusse - my favorite cookies ever. (pardon me for skipping the umlauts in this post...didn't take time to figure out how)

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ok, feeling a little weird about my DIY so far. I have been trying some of HICs recipes and the flavor just seems so light to me. I have Cosmic fog milk & honey, space jam eclipse and starship 1, Mt baker honey berries and dulce de leche here in front of me and they are all many times stronger flavor. I nearly doubled up on the percentages in HICs limoncello torrone parfait and its still not quite as strong as any of the commercial juices. I made his extra smooth tiramisu cream and I couldn't really taste anything but a little cream. I'm not knocking HICs recipes I think they are spot on its just the intensity is scary how light it comes through to me. I realize that most of my commercial juices are more like 50/50 while I am mixing at max VG but I can't believe it would make that huge of a difference. I barely use salt on my food and am not a heavy sugar user in my coffee. In fact I have to drink milk with anything chocolate because its usually too strong for me. Though I like a cigar maybe once or twice a month I haven't smoked a cig in 10 years. Whats going on?!
they might seem light at first and you might have to play with the percentages but keep mixing those low percentages and you will start to start getting used to it. most the flavors I think they are better that way. after vaping flavor art for 9 months ish now almost exclusively my taste have shifted from liking those over powering vendors flavors. everyone is different so that might not be the case for everyone and only my opinion. but in my flavor art journey my ideas of what a good premium top shelf juice should taste like have changed. clean , smooth, and easy on the palate.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
they might seem light at first and you might have to play with the percentages but keep mixing those low percentages and you will start to start getting used to it. most the flavors I think they are better that way. after vaping flavor art for 9 months ish now almost exclusively my taste have shifted from liking those over powering vendors flavors. everyone is different so that might not be the case for everyone and only my opinion. but in my flavor art journey my ideas of what a good premium top shelf juice should taste like have changed. clean , smooth, and easy on the palate.

What he said!
I find a lot of flavor nuances vanish when using higher percentages. Then again, sometimes I just want a strong blast of flavor, especially when I'm busy. That's when I use red hots and/or insanely-cold, minty flavors (zero-PG, not FA flavors). When I have time/focus to really enjoy the flavors I'm vaping, I vape my FA recipes and keep them low enough to taste every subtle nuance.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, it's alt+129 pfeffernüsse. Can you tell me about the dried fig please? If you want. :)
Alt codes-http://www.alt-codes.net/

easier yet on my old Mac, so I should have typed them right: pfeffernüsse or pfeffernüße, likör... Ich bin ein Berliner. lol.

Easiest way to get the super-sweet, stronger flavor of dried (versus fresh) figs from FA Fig: add a little Marzipan to your recipe. Mine needed some nuts anyway, and it transformed my fresh-figs-on-top to gooey-fig-jam-throughout. If you add very little Marzipan you might get the effect without the almond flavor, but I add enough to taste it well. Sugary bitter-almond goes great with figs and tastes like dried figs in my sticky-figgy-pudding. (ps - I have a micro-miniscule bit of FA Honey in there that might be contributing a bit, too)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors