Become a Patron!

Floral tasting e-liquids?

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys, I'm new to vaping and was wondering if all store bought liquids have that overpowering floral taste? I'm into my 3rd bottle of juice and so far all of them have that floral taste that can overpower the flavor of the juice. I'm not sure if it's the 50/50 blend, or it was with the B&M store I got my liquids from. One thing is for sure, the ones that my brother gave me, in which he made himself didn't have it, and has tons of flavor. The difference being that my brother uses 100% VG and no nic.

Cheers! :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
maybe if you can tell what the brand and name of the juice is??

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
maybe if you can tell what the brand and name of the juice is??

The liquid is B&M made. Their store is named Elixir Liquids. The flavor seems to be more pronounced on the fruit flavors like their Mangtango, and Mega Fruit. The custards and cinnabun seems to be less affected.

What flavors did you order did you try steeping them

I'm currently steeping them right now when I researched about the taste. It could be ethyl alcohol that needs to be breathed. Right now it's in it's 3rd day. :)

4King

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol i have the same problem, bought 3 highly rated juice from vaporfi.com and they all have a very strong floral smell, people say let it sit for a few day.. I let it sit for week, still floral I just dump it in the trash.......went to a shop and try all sample, didnt like non. Only single juice i like are cuttwood unicorn milk, my 2nd bottle since start vaping....give it a shot, hope u like

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Floral or chemical taste/smell in juice is generally from over flavoring. A good juice will have a proper blending and just enough flavor to give the juice the taste profile without the chemical/floral taste. I would try a different juice manufacturer, preferably a really premium juice company (even though they are usually more expensive) just so you can taste the difference. It is surprising to see how little flavoring is actually needed for a really tasty juice, often in the 6 to 9% range. And it's also surprising to see what some home brew juice and small shops do to juice, very often in the 15 to 22% range. Too much flavor tends to get that floral or chemical taste and doesn't make the juice better. It is difficult to get the least amount of flavoring and the right final flavor profile, but that's what separates the good juice companies from the bad. I've been making juice for the past year, and I've learned the hard way that less is definitely more when it comes to flavoring. And I can tell just from the smell when a juice is over flavored (and so many are).

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's a good chance the flavors used to mix the ejiuce contained Linalool which is a terpene alcohol chemical found in many flowers and spice plants. That accounts for the floral tastes plus some spice flavors in flavorings.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a good chance the flavors used to mix the ejiuce contained Linalool which is a terpene alcohol chemical found in many flowers and spice plants. That accounts for the floral tastes plus some spice flavors in flavorings.

Wouldn't that be pleasant. A potent skin irritant in ejuice. I doubt that would be in there, or at least I really hope it isn't.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wouldn't that be pleasant. A potent skin irritant in ejuice. I doubt that would be in there, or at least I really hope it isn't.
It's more prevalent than you think.

VU Sponsors