Become a Patron!

forgive me If I ask something that might have been answered before

bcf3463

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have so many bottles of ejuice that I could start a store and this is why, I wanted to find a flavor that I liked and finally after 26 I was able to stick with the grape candy,orange,fruit sweet stuff. I started out with the tobacco an after 3 weeks could not stand it no more. Sorry TO keep blah blah, I am so sick with this flu stuff and all I want is to vape. But within the last 2 months my throat burns,toung,etc,mouth,, I drink a lot butt nothing, I have ordered less pg and vg and sweet.All from different companies. what would you do... I am vaping now 60pg40vg and had been 50/50 and even added some sweet stuff.tfa sweetner from mfs and also bought some sucralose from zues none seem to be sweet enough but wonder now what can I go or should . less pg and more vg and does the vg make it real thick ans hard on my coils and does that extra sweet hurt just want to know should I cut my nic down to 8 or what I love vaping but now it is burning mouth and throat up. ty please be nice so many sometimes forget we are humans here and just need advice....please

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First off to do not be sorry for asking for advice that is what everyone is here for ;) at least we try to be lol. Um it could nicotine level that's what I was thinking. And I was also thinking it could be the co? You could have an allergy to of or vg? Or the company's coming from? Also is it still in date?

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First off to do not be sorry for asking for advice that is what everyone is here for ;) at least we try to be lol. Um it could nicotine level that's what I was thinking. And I was also thinking it could be the co? You could have an allergy to of or vg? Or the company's coming from? Also is it still in date?
Do people have as many allergies to vg as they do to pg?

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have so many bottles of ejuice that I could start a store and this is why, I wanted to find a flavor that I liked and finally after 26 I was able to stick with the grape candy,orange,fruit sweet stuff. I started out with the tobacco an after 3 weeks could not stand it no more. Sorry TO keep blah blah, I am so sick with this flu stuff and all I want is to vape. But within the last 2 months my throat burns,toung,etc,mouth,, I drink a lot butt nothing, I have ordered less pg and vg and sweet.All from different companies. what would you do... I am vaping now 60pg40vg and had been 50/50 and even added some sweet stuff.tfa sweetner from mfs and also bought some sucralose from zues none seem to be sweet enough but wonder now what can I go or should . less pg and more vg and does the vg make it real thick ans hard on my coils and does that extra sweet hurt just want to know should I cut my nic down to 8 or what I love vaping but now it is burning mouth and throat up. ty please be nice so many sometimes forget we are humans here and just need advice....please
I'm a new vapor too I wish I could help you with this one but I'm clueless but good question cause I would like to know myself. Thanks for sharing this

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I have enough juice unopened to start a store too. Let's get together and sell what we don't want and make money for the juices we love lol

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
hope you feel better soon. The flu is getting everybody

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

bc.. it sounds like you are allergic to either pg or vg and you need to figure out which one it is..
buy them separate, vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol, and try vaping just one or the other for a day, if you can..
then you can figure out what it is you are allergic to..

if you need more help, you are on my friends list on fb, send me a message :)

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
bc.. it sounds like you are allergic to either pg or vg and you need to figure out which one it is..
buy them separate, vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol, and try vaping just one or the other for a day, if you can..
then you can figure out what it is you are allergic to..

if you need more help, you are on my friends list on fb, send me a message :)
Are we friends or are you talking about the gentleman that started the thread?

Reuven Tenam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi I understand what your saying I am a juice maker and a former cigarette smoker of 30 years. I would suggest that you vape on a max VG 6 mg
In a max VG there will be at least 20 % PG in most concentrates so adding PG to a blend adds more throat irritants especially if the pg used is bitter
If you want to know more about juice you can reach out to me removed I will always reach out to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reuven Tenam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do people have as many allergies to vg as they do to pg?
I have spoke to people about PG allergy and its prevalent as for VG nobody I have ever spoke to mention being allergic
As a juice maker I limit the PG add on unless customers request it. For the most part my VG is Max because most concentrates have
the PG in it. I find that when mixing, smoothness and 0 bitterness after a blend is complete with no more then 6 mg nic creates
easy throat vaping.

I agree PG is a combination of plants. Many people are allergic to plant molecules more so then Vegetable molecules it seems

Vapin24/7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi I understand what your saying I am a juice maker and a former cigarette smoker of 30 years. I would suggest that you vape on a max VG 6 mg
In a max VG there will be at least 20 % PG in most concentrates so adding PG to a blend adds more throat irritants especially if the pg used is bitter
If you want to know more about juice you can reach out to me [email protected] I will always reach out to help.
Since you are a juice maker do you sell them or just for your personal use?

LOL.
Do vegetables come from animals?:p
You are too funny

we can be friends lol..
but i was talking to "bc" Belinda is on my friend's list on fb.. ;)
I'm so sorry for interfering your conversation. I would have never did that knowing you were having a friend to friend conversation. I feel so bad for butting in. Please accept my apology

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing that hasn't been answered is high VG doesn't gunk up coils, that's the flavoring. Fruits are very easy on coils. Deserts that use custard, caramel, butterscotch and stuff like that gunk up coils and wicks.
The one issue you may have with a high VG juice is some tanks will have a hard time wicking it up, the newer tanks have good open juice channels and it shouldn't be an issue but an older tank design like a protank or even older clearomizers or cartomizers will have a hard time pulling the thick VG heavy juice up.

Besides allergies, a high VG juice will have less throat hit, some people like TH and go with higher PG percentages, I don't.

What atomizer are you using?

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There are people with allergies to both PG and VG. It could be either or something else.
Whatever the cause you should find out so your vaping experience can be better.
Good luck to you.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I'm so sorry for interfering your conversation. I would have never did that knowing you were having a friend to friend conversation. I feel so bad for butting in. Please accept my apology

you didn't.. but i know she will appreciate any help..
guess we are all waiting for her to pop back in here and post some more.. :)

like fq06 has asked.. what's your set up, bc??
and if you can try vaping all pg and/or all vg, process of elimination..

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The atomizer can be part of the issue, pg and or vg sensitive depending on where it is sourced.
Same goes with flavorings.
Certain flavor companies I will not touch, same goes for the companies that use them.

bcf3463

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have just got up. I have been so sick these last 2 weeks. All I want to do is vape and have my coffee. I just took a look at all these bottles and have lots of them over 30 (I know that is a lot but oh well) they are 50/50-some 70pg30vg-some 60pg30vg and mostly all the fruit kinds I do have flavorless and few bake good etc. I just love the sweet stuff of course. I have 8 different modes valcanoe ,eleaf,davpo,all vv/vw kids with several different tanks ,aspire natulis,mini,kanger mega,mini,.etc, all with airflows, I just have this throat sore,mouth and have cleaned tanks changed coils nothing seems to make it better wonder if I was to buy plan vg and add but then how safe would that be, I think I will order a vg with 6 nic and maybe a pg with 8 nic and go from ther I am so sick been going through a lot these last few months anyway love u all for any help at all. Also I wanted to find out why are so many doing the sub om stuff does it make taste better or what exactly I have been vaping for sometime now 6 months and still learn something everytime. I did not have a problem until last month with the throat stuff and I am tryin to fix whatever... So please help me I do switch around companies to see if that is the problem and still the issue I have with burning is ther I went from 24nic down to 12 and I am still having the issue. help me fiqure this out thanks.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
the more you post on this, it's an allergy..
which one, dont know..

is vaping plan vg or pg safe? sure.. it's what is already in your juice..

which set up is your every day vape gear?

bcf3463

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One thing that hasn't been answered is high VG doesn't gunk up coils, that's the flavoring. Fruits are very easy on coils. Deserts that use custard, caramel, butterscotch and stuff like that gunk up coils and wicks.
The one issue you may have with a high VG juice is some tanks will have a hard time wicking it up, the newer tanks have good open juice channels and it shouldn't be an issue but an older tank design like a protank or even older clearomizers or cartomizers will have a hard time pulling the thick VG heavy juice up.

Besides allergies, a high VG juice will have less throat hit, some people like TH and go with higher PG percentages, I don't.

What atomizer are you using?
thanks I do love my grape candy juice and strawberry too I used the tobacco at first and then could not stand it but I still want that nic , all day I vape and do drink coffee an tea, hard to drink water (i have always hated water so bad have to add something to water just to drink it) anyway someone told me to do some sub stuff I need to see more about that I am not a cloud chaser but think It would be fun. I am looking at some companies to order vg with nic and also what about this organic juice stuff is it the same...

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smoky is a great source of info, more than I have in the juice area.

Water while vaping is very important, try some Mio or something to give it some flavor but pg sucks moisture out of your mouth and throat so only drinking coffee and tea may be as much of a contributor to your issue as a possible allergy.

I suppose you could have an allergic reaction that grew over time but it's odd that you vaped for a while, not sure how long but over the past couple months a problem arose that was not there before. But what you are describing does sound like what I've heard from people that found out they are allergic to PG or VG.

Can you think of anything that changed 2 months ago? Changed the atomizer or wick material? Changed the wattage you're vaping at?

I don't think sub ohm will help or hurt your issue, you may like it better or worse for what it is but I don't think it will reduce the sore throat.

Also, when i have a cold and can't taste a thing from juice. I switch to a mellon menthol juice (I hate menthol) because that is the only thing that's strong enough to taste.
Kind of like when you were getting a cold when you smoked, you knew it a day before you really had it because your smokes tasted different. That smoking with a cold taste. Same with e juice.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
thanks fq.. :)
i think it might be a bit easier if she can contact me thru phone..
i know gtalk and phone really helped me when i started out..
and i spent many many hours, picking brains and asking off the wall questions..
I wish we could set up a gtalk for the diy area.. but i dont know if it could work..
it might..

and the only reason why i feel this would help is because i know forums can get a bit confusing..
there is literally tons of info online.. and getting to where you are comfortable in vaping is what counts..

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think a Gtalk for the DIY area would be wonderful. Would make it easier to pick at your brains :p I know when I started vaping and joined "That other place" It was really hard to find information. When you dont know the lingo for what your looking for its hard to find the right info.

huston

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I now know what i have been missing in flavor. Using drip with a higher percentage of flavoring is so tasty, it's almost addicting.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If you don't like drinking water, try Gatoraid, Poweraid and all the other little Aid's out there.

If you are not properly hydrated, I Gaurandamntee you are going to have issues no matter what mix you are vaping.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The sore throat makes me think of @Smoky Blue 's PG allergy. Some (very few) are more allergic to VG. Get a good drip juice, and try using an RDA. That is if you have a mod to handle it.

If not, there are those little mini drippers (cheap! like 10 bucks in a vape shop cheap) that you can put a little 1.8 ohm coil into. They don't hold much juice, and tend to be messy. But, it's the cheapest way I know to drip when you don't have the mod to handle it. I used this little dripper on an X-6 when I first tried dripping.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you don't like drinking water, try Gatoraid, Poweraid and all the other little Aid's out there.

If you are not properly hydrated, I Gaurandamntee you are going to have issues no matter what mix you are vaping.
And if you partake of the Demon Rum as I do, Double your fluid intake to avoid those nasty over hangs. Ya piss more, but you wake up in better shape. :D

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can Not Vape PG I found Max VG or at least 70% VG helps me tremendously!
Everyone is different but I stick w the juices I like and that work for me as my all day Vape.
Hope this helps find something that works and stock w it.
Good luck

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have no problems vaping on my nautilus btw w max VG...Seduce juice and others maybe the BVD coils are helping but I am having no problems with it!
I use nautilus and nautilus mini and sometimes my kayfun lite

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I still haven't heard a thing from "bc"..
wishing you the best..

VU Sponsors