Become a Patron!

FREEDOM

wizardofozone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Being Italian I naturally was born into a home that was staunch Catholic. At 16 I began to realize I didn't understand many things, my own religion included. I watched swinging and smoking incense canisters being wielded by Obi Wan Kenobi type priests as staunchly frightening as an ancient member of the dreaded Inquisition.

Tiny ringing bells , old ladies thumping with fisted hand three times on their chests to 'maya-culpa-maya culpa-maya -maxima culpa' ... ( not spelled right but who keeps track of a dead language anyway ? ... Traditionalists and Legalists I guess .... )

A few years later I met my future wife and her mother ... and the two of them were determined to make me understand ... not 'religion' per se ... not Catholiscism for sure ... but simple 'Salvation' ... This isn't a religious or spiritual post so let me just condense this part down to explaining the astounding joy, the overwhelming simplicity their 'salvation' message gave me .... a lightness, a burden lifted from my shoulders, finally feeling loved for the first time ... and by GOD HIMSELF no less ! tewars of joy, laughter ! GOD IS !!!! ... Oh, happy day .... !!!!

They failed to mention however, that immediately upon receiving this "Good News for Modern Man" a never ending posse of demons either from human depths internal, or Goblins draped in the flesh rags of men to look human or like Godly ministers, or some even posing as victorius and righteous Televangilists would soon come to steal this newly gained hope away by re-explaining it all over again .... not as my wife and mother in law did .... but with 'conditions' .... and buying their blessed spring water and handkerchiefs wouldn't hurt either ....

One was certainly 'going to heaven' now because of Jesus Christ's atoning death .... But humans suddenly got a brilliant idea that having someone else pay your restaurant tab because you forgot your wallet STILL wouldn't be enough to permit you to just exit the restaurant ..... while you would not be asked to wash dishes , still .... it was to remain a known fact by all other diners that you hadn't paid your own tab .... making you some kind of debtor still, but only morally and in a hazy memory sort of way .... And once again that heavy burden draped weightily over your shoulders like a heavy wet leather shroud.

Expressing thanks to the diner who had freed you from criminal charges would not be enough ... deciding to also pay for someone in the future who found themselves in the same fix would not be enough .... and in fact only Jesus had the singular existing 'get out of jail free' card .

With the advent of computers, these wonderful 'forums' sprang up ..... but oddly, this mysterious plague that demands there be always a 'price' ... for enjoying the freedom of something ... exist.

Vaping has made it so mercifily easy to stop smoking. It's importance in that area is unquestionable . But that aside, vaping is simply a hobby, a tool, a pastime, a habit, ... call it what you will .... but have you noticed the Mods, or the members, or the occasional individual who appears to just love to prove things are worthy only if they are so complicated that absolutely only the genius types with super abstract reasoning ability understand the 'rules' .... oh and there are always 'rules' .... I left a forum to join this one because of the sense to me of this forum site's construction and ease of operation ....

Yesterday was my first day and I've already found such easy ways to understand sub listings for example .... In other words, it is equal to or below my personal I.Q level and that makes it a pleasure and enriching.

But with the joy of understanding something and enjoying it comes the miserable truth .... that simple truth such as your own personal I.Q is either going to make life a wonderful place for you all of your life .... or a constantly confusing gathering of people with 'rules' to understand that are simply over one's head ... "Oh yes ! ... yes ! ... Jesus died for you ! ... Yes ! we all understand that you now realize that ! ... conditionally ,that is ....

Vaping is wonderful ! Clouds are freedom ! ( But only a kamikazi pilot should sub-ohm .... see, vaping comes with 'conditions', rules, and those special ones who know more, have known longer, grasp it with more intellect, will jump right in and chastise you when you are in their opinion ... wrong, don't ya see .. ? )

Throughout my life I became a hang glider pilot, a martial artist, a motorcyclist, a commercial 'ringer' detective, a husband, (twice) a father, a vaper, and in each case there was ... is .... always the 'Bruce Lee' of the hobby, sport, whatever to strive for ... From Keds to Pumas, to Sketchers .... From chop socky martial art fiction to $300 Bruce Lee pants, a 'must have' to be sure ... if you are anyone dahling ... and by the way,you are not vaping if the box doesn't say 'DNA certified' somewhere on the damn thing .... God, Ricky Nelson was right ... screw all of these Garden Parties ...

Strive my brothers and sisters to go back to the very thing we all hated in the actual day but in old age are actually becoming .... Anti establishment hippies .... The words 'give me freedom or give me death become truer and truer ...

VU Sponsors