Become a Patron!

FreeMax Scylla Discussion

Petrus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well... I'm running mine in TC mode for NI200, 480 degrees F, 53W, cold coil resistance 0.31 Ohms locked in. Works good for me. Don't know what to tell ya.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I agree. Ceramic works for me using temp control. However, after some time, resistance jumps around and I ended up destroying a coil. But what I've noticed is that ramp up time is significantly less if used with temp control.

The attraction of ceramic for me is how it is hyped to be longer lasting. Up to 4x longer. And from my experience this is not true. Regular kanthal for me last around 5 days. Ni200 about a little over a week. Ceramic, so far, with 3 coils destroyed, lasts about a day and a half. If I'm mindful. Otherwise, I like the tank better than the pro and it has been my daily driver using anything other than ceramic.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got the tank in a few days ago and the ceramic coil was dead in a day and a half. I've had similar results with the CCell. It tastes and vapes great for a day or so.. Then the CCell Ni200 in particular just goes cold and seems to not adhere to my TC settings on at least a half dozen mods and multiple tank setups.. Overall rather disappointed in the short term. I'll give them another shot later into product life but for now I'm done with them.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, Mark..... Interesting.

Also, the Freemax site says the ceramic coils can fit Starre and Starre Pro. So I guess they might fit Atlantis V2 and Herakles, transforming them into straight forward tanks that could go well over 100w and not burn out the coils for months.

I do not need elaborate top fills and juice controls that cause leaking, or top airflow unless meaningful like Herk Plus.

Not sure on release date for these or their Vapeston cousin..... Or what the taste might be.....

Ceramic coils exist in Vaporesso Target and upcoming Cerovape Soter but looks like for more entry level vapers. I heard the Target coils might also fit the Atlantis style tanks and handle 75w.
The do not have top threads so they would fit Atlantis and others that do not require top threads (on that style of coil) to hold the Atty together.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well... I'm on day 3, so far it's great. I've heard/read somewhere that these coils use tungsten wire inside of the ceramic and the TCR is very close to Ni200. I guess that's why it seems to work well with that TCR with the resistance locked when it is at room temperature. Running it on my Wismec Reuleaux DNA 200 at 480 degrees F and 52 Watts with a locked resistance of 0.31 Ohms.

whitewidow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I ordered some of the ceramic coils for my OG Starre and have had mixed feelings. Yes it requires a bit more power but there is a hidden bonus.

After a few days of vaping on one I broke it down
d5d9ba42d442392e9f09df11a397e7ea.jpg

Then with the coil out of the housing dry burning is possible
fcf0c43b66cbd4958fedbce266544b45.jpg

Coil cleaned up perfectly
3479429138293640ffdf7115d248177e.jpg

I then attempted to rewick with CGD and placing the coil in a subverter housing with large juice holes, but after bending the leads too much I broke one off. I believe it will work, so Im going to try with my next coil and post my results.

To update. I transplanted the ceramic coil into a subverter mini coil housing with large juice holes and works much better. I think part of the issue is the original housing has a metal sleeve that holds the coil. This results in much less cotton around the coil and transfers way too much heat out side of the coil heating up the entire tank. In the new housing with more cotton wrapped around it barley any heat is transfered to the tank. The vape is much more consistent as well.

I'm using on a rx200 with the tcr set to tungsten value. And working great.

This coil looks a lot like the one in the new dolphin tank too

Last edited:

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just the tank today. So far I am impressed. Takes a bit to get the vapor going but not a problem for my RX200. One small problem. I had the coil just give out twice. Ohms read at 0. Screwed the tank off then on again and it came back up. Strange. I did set the custom TCR to .00450 and it seems to work quite well. Has it been confirmed that the metal is tungsten? I can't find any info on it at all.

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try it in normal wattage mode at around 80 to 100 Watts. I'm running at 80 Watts and this thing is pretty damn good. Not sold on the ceramic coil, but the tank itself is a really really good design.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have issues with the top cap seals or bottom pin falling out? I've contacted FreeMax to see what they would do. I had an issue with my Starre Pro and they were very responsive. Still waiting to hear back from them... it's been almost 48 hours since the last email.
538fa75fa3f4de275a3b7917e52df01a.jpg

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had zero issues but I have the black one. Might be some quality control differences between the two?

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the black one and still looks brand new. Was the silver one dropped or anything?

I am a vaping metalhead

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope... never dropped. Only had it about a month and a half and used as my main vape. Top slowly got harder and harder to take off and put on. Pin fell out while changing coil and bounced to parts unknown... still looking though.

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Strange. Sounds like you unfortunately got a dud. Email the company or the retailer you bought it from and see what you can do

I am a vaping metalhead

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've emailed them earlier this week and waiting for them to get back with me. Can't bitch too much... it was a promotional contest win.

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've emailed them earlier this week and waiting for them to get back with me. Can't bitch too much... it was a promotional contest win.

Well I'd say you lucked out with that. Congratz on the contest. And I hope you get the tank taken care of

I am a vaping metalhead

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Update... FreeMax has the absolute best customer service! My fix is in the mail to me!!!

I tried the ceramic coils, flavor was good, only work in wattage mode and last a couple of DAYS! I can have a ni200 starre pro coils last weeks.
IMO, the coils are junk. Don't waste the $6.00 per on them!
Idk what you've been vaping on but I've had the same coil in for a wk now and it's still going strong.

Has anyone had an issue with the tank completely emptying the juice? I have had this happen with both the ceramic coil as well as the RTA. It is leaking through the bottom. The top is on correctly. I saw a review that recommended to close the airflow before top-filling the tank. I do this but sometimes the tank still leaks. I confused as to what I doing wrong here!

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've never had that happen to me. Check to make sure all of the gaskets/o-rings are in good shape (including the ones on the bottom of the coil and RBA).

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone had an issue with the tank completely emptying the juice? I have had this happen with both the ceramic coil as well as the RTA. It is leaking through the bottom. The top is on correctly. I saw a review that recommended to close the airflow before top-filling the tank. I do this but sometimes the tank still leaks. I confused as to what I doing wrong here!
My crown tank done that a few times. I found as long as I hit it a few times right after filling it. It doesn't do it anymore. I'm told sometimes the coil just wicks like a straw and just sucks it through. But hurting it does help.

have a nice day

VU Sponsors