Become a Patron!

FUhattan won't fire on my atty, HELP!

So I just baught an FUhattan 18650 mod today and have a plume veil adomizer. I built the coil and it's been working find all day but then randomly after I came home from work it won't fire anymore,, please help

Yeah the thing is when I plug my battery into the charger the light never goes red, it's always green, maybe my charger is fucked up?

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The positive pin on in the cap slides in and out with some pressure on mine. Make sure that is still in contact with the positive pin on your atomizer.

I have had the same problem and now am in the habit of pushing the pin in and then screwing on the atomizer to make sure there is a tight connection and use that as a troubleshooting step and it normally resolves the issue, which I don't generally have anymore as long as I remember to push it in whenever I put an atty back on the mod.

The positive pin on in the cap slides in and out with some pressure on mine. Make sure that is still in contact with the positive pin on your atomizer.

I have had the same problem and now am in the habit of pushing the pin in and then screwing on the atomizer to make sure there is a tight connection and use that as a troubleshooting step and it normally resolves the issue, which I don't generally have anymore as long as I remember to push it in whenever I put an atty back on the mod.
What do u mean postive pin connection? My battery is perfectly snug it just won't fire

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do u mean postive pin connection? My battery is perfectly snug it just won't fire

Meter your battery ... that is: verify it is holding a charge. Or, try another battery. If your charger is not recognizing your battery and entering a charge cycle: either 1) your battery has crapped, 2) your charger has crapped, or 3) your previously working mod/atty combo has crapped. Since the battery is the wear item and you haven't made mention of spares ... it could be zapped of life from completing its cycles of life. FWIW, an investment in a decent charger could answer a lot of these open questions - a decent charger is going to tell you the battery voltage.

Finally, if you've used an 18650 "all day", you may have pulled it below 3.4 or 3.2 or ??? volts. This can damage an 18650. I try not to pull mine below about 3.6 volts. It's pretty easy to judge on a mech because the lower voltage translates directly to lower wattage firing your atty. When the hit degrades, it's time to install a fresh battery and charge the one that isn't hitting properly.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well,

First of all your battery charger.

You said it is a basic 18650 charger?

Is "Basic" the brand name on the box?

From that statement, it sounds like you purchased a charger from the Lee Brothers.

Badly,
Poorly
And
Cheaply.

Throw it out and get an Xtar or Nightcore. Or the new Efest LUC.

And check your pins.

If they do not make contact, no vapor is to be expected.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I discovered after getting my Fuhattan that a snug battery does not each a connection with the atomizer.

The bit of copper in the top cap of the mod that makes contact with the positive end of the battery is not fixed in position. It is about a quarter inch long and moves. It is snug, but it does move. Mine came with an extra one in the box.

The one in my top cap takes a bit of pressure to move but you can push it into the top cap completely so that none of it protrudes out below the cap. If your atomizer is not sitting flush on the cap, just screw it in harder and it will push out the pin until the atomizer is flush. If the atomizer is flush, push in the pin until you can't push it anymore which means it is in contact with the positive pin on the atomizer.

If you already have everything together and the atomizer is flush with the cap, just push hard on the button and you'll feel a bit of a pop and everything will work fine after that. The pop is the pin in the cap moving suddenly because of the pressure on the switch transmitted through the magnets and battery forcing it up suddenly after it starts moving.

I use a flat top LG HE2 and it rattles in the mod because of the extra space inside. All of this is a big reason why I don't really use mine very often opting instead for my Apollo when I use a mech.

Not saying that this is your issue, but given my experience my Fuhattan, I think it's a good possibility.

VaperInDisguise

Member For 5 Years
I discovered after getting my Fuhattan that a snug battery does not each a connection with the atomizer.

The bit of copper in the top cap of the mod that makes contact with the positive end of the battery is not fixed in position. It is about a quarter inch long and moves. It is snug, but it does move. Mine came with an extra one in the box.

The one in my top cap takes a bit of pressure to move but you can push it into the top cap completely so that none of it protrudes out below the cap. If your atomizer is not sitting flush on the cap, just screw it in harder and it will push out the pin until the atomizer is flush. If the atomizer is flush, push in the pin until you can't push it anymore which means it is in contact with the positive pin on the atomizer.

If you already have everything together and the atomizer is flush with the cap, just push hard on the button and you'll feel a bit of a pop and everything will work fine after that. The pop is the pin in the cap moving suddenly because of the pressure on the switch transmitted through the magnets and battery forcing it up suddenly after it starts moving.

I use a flat top LG HE2 and it rattles in the mod because of the extra space inside. All of this is a big reason why I don't really use mine very often opting instead for my Apollo when I use a mech.

Not saying that this is your issue, but given my experience my Fuhattan, I think it's a good possibility.
But in the Fuhattan you have different size contact pins you can use though?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I just baught an FUhattan 18650 mod today and have a plume veil adomizer. I built the coil and it's been working find all day but then randomly after I came home from work it won't fire anymore,, please help
open it up see the pin on the top push it all the way to the top this is the default way the fuhattan should be set up. now it will touch your atty.
now put back together with fresh battery on the bottom make sure that your botton push pin is screwed all the way in this is not adjustable no reason cause the way the Fuhattan works is simple you put the battery in and it slams the positive post into the positive pin it only has to be barely visible on top if this does not work its your battery but Im betting this is the prob happens all the time.. The only prob with the fuhattan is if you get mad or kinda strong you eventually bang the battery into the post so many times it starts to dent it in IM using it right now matter a fact and mine has been through war bent damaged beyond sanity

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had the problem with my first FUhattan build.

What you need to do is take the top cap off of the mod, unscrew the peak or delrin insulated firing pin, push the pin so that a little bit of it (maybe 0.5mm or so) is sticking past, before screwing the firing pin in screw the atty down so that it's flush with the top cap, then screw the firing pin in so that it's firmly connected with the positive pin of the atty, screw the top cap and atty back onto the mod.

You should be good to go.

VU Sponsors