Become a Patron!

Fused Clapton and regular coils

Hello . Ive been vaping with my Geekvape Peerless RDA for 6 months .
all that time i just wrapped nichrome coil around the coil jig and vape that , but now I look for something new , a new taste or just a feeling and I thought why not to buy Fused Claptons and just put them there .
What is the difference between them ? and how do you call those ''Regular Coils'' that you just wrap .
Thanks.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vape Coil app calls them "normal". I call them single wire coils.

A fused clapton is when the coil maker puts two or more wires side by side. Those are called the core wires. A (typically) much smaller wire, called the wrap wire, is spun around the core wires "fusing" them together. There are a shit ton of different variations that are all based on the Clapton wire, which is different from fused as it only uses a single core wire.

As long as everything is set up well you should notice a marked improvement. My understanding is that the flavor and cloud improvement is due to the eliquids ability to have far more surface area to vaporize off of. Wicking can get a little tricky. If you've only used single wire you may need to change the way you wick. Absorbsion rate can become really important if you like to chain vape. If you were standing right here I'd whip up as much fused clapton wire as you want. I loathe shipping stuff, unfortunately. Good luck, and ask away if you have any further questions.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I switched to fused claptons in all my rebuildable atomizers and will never look back. Better flavor is the biggest improvement. I can use really thick single wire like 22 or 20 gauge and get clouds, but the fused clapton definitely improves the flavor. If you want to make them yourself I would suggest purchasing a Daedalus as this has made my life really easy. I never would have thought I could build my own fused clapton coils so easily until I purchased the Daedalus. Good luck and have fun!

Happy Vaping!
CV :)

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I considered buying a Daedalus, but I found that making claptons is really easy. I have my single clapton rig set up to run on its own. Just have a few of those spool tamers. I don't use anything else. Well I guess I have my finger on the drill to run it, but I may buy a switch so it'll run and I can turn my back for a minute. Fused claptons won't work the same way, but they should still be manageable if you plan to move on to aliens.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors