Become a Patron!

Fused clapton and wattage question

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello everyone! I just got my 36 gauge kanthal and wrapped my first fused Clapton! I've never wrapped a fused Clapton or vaped one either and am blown away by the flavor!!! I did a pretty good job at making it too. I've made regulars before but this is no comparison! I would post a picture but I can't get my tablet to focus good enough and can't figure out how to load it on this forum. Anyway I'm trying to figure out how many watts this thing performs best at. It's 2x26gauge core kanthal and wrapped with 36 gauge kanthal and has a id of 2.4mms. On a dual set up it came out to .16 ohms. Anyone know what wattage would be best? Thanks

D-Shaw709

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Idvape it at 75-100

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
St the watts to your taste/warmth profile. At .13 I's say your floor is 65-70 watts. I vape my claptons that low at 110, but that's me with a Freakshow wide open.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
St the watts to your taste/warmth profile. At .13 I's say your floor is 65-70 watts. I vape my claptons that low at 110, but that's me with a Freakshow wide open.
^^ Start at 60 and work your way up till you're like "holy crap what am I doing?" then dial it down a little and enjoy.

And as far as posting pictures, you can "upload a file" or you can use the image button at the top of the posting window and past in an Url, so you can upload to something like imgur and take the direct link and past it into here.

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
IMG_20160204_1706340_rewind.jpg this is it! Not beautiful but works excellent! Thanks @JERUS for the picture info!

VU Sponsors