Become a Patron!

Garden time is coming

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Plastic organic?

Honestly I wouldn't have thought it was such a bad thing, but plastics in our consumption chains are a plague.

Anyway, 55 minute vid from a true organic grower who does it the real way:

And just another example of how government bureaucracies (USDA) are lying liars and cheating cheaters.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Woohoo, you’re in! 🥳

Thank you for your interest in the 8th Annual Superfood Garden Summit! As someone who has some experience, you already know the time you will save by learning from garden experts who had to learn these things the hard way. 😱 We’re so glad that you’ve taken this big step forward for your health and your taste buds! This summit is a perfect place to learn ways to build on what you have already learned to get even better results! Get ready to embrace all the knowledge, tips and inspiration coming your way!

Our 8th Annual Superfood Garden Summit starts May 14th! Each day’s episode will go live at 10am PT / 1pm ET, and you will be able to watch alongside other gardeners through our online platform. During this event, you will have access to watch all of the presentations that are sure to change the way you approach your garden (for the better)!

Each day, we will air presentations with garden and health experts that will inspire and guide you in your own garden adventure! PLUS, there will be prizes!

You may want to bookmark this email, because here are some important things you need to know!

>>> You can find all the access details here (before and during the event!)

We will also send you all the access details prior to the event airing.

🍅 Add the Superfood Garden Summit (May 14-17) to your calendar.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Jimi , have you started anything for your garden yet?
On a sidenote: will be heading up to the mountains soon to look for wild Morel mushrooms (last couple years have been a bust)
Also... peppers are doing fine but Mom's tomatoes are not doing well. This is the third season they seem to have a disease (that started when we used some crappy garden soil... if I had read reviews before buying it, I would have avoided it) It seems some plant diseases can stay in the soil for 3-4 years. It's a small garden and no where else to plant them. "New Zealand spinach" seeds have sprouted but it's cold and rainy today so they will go under a light until tomorrow.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sure have just haven't had time to take pic's yet, my wife has been pretty bad lately physically so it has slowed me up but I do have 24 broccoli plants, 275 onion plants in and about 30 pounds of tader seed in. I have peppers that I grew from seed and maters from seed goin but not time here to put them in yet. Soon as I get some spare time I'll try to post pic.s

Glad your peppers are doin well and yes you haveta really watch soil for soil borne diseases, the better is worth the extra money. @gopher_byrd might be able to shed some light on the disease, he is studying to be a Master Gardener, sure he will help you but this week he is deep in study for a final so he might not see this for a short while.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Tips To Improve Seed Germination Outdoors​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail
This week’s edition of Home Gardener’s Weekly brings to you a wealth of information intended to bring your gardening experience to new heights, becoming the superhero in your gardening story! We will learn about overcoming the many challenges we face in the garden, the benefits of superfoods and how to grow them, and tools to instill a love of nature in the next generation of green thumbs. We will also give you some exciting information about our upcoming fan-favorite Superfood Garden Summit!​
Thank you for joining us on this garden journey. Together, we'll nurture the beauty of your garden and the well-being of your body and mind. 🌻

Happy Gardening!

🌱 Grow Your Own Vegetables Team 🌱

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Jimi , have you started anything for your garden yet?
On a sidenote: will be heading up to the mountains soon to look for wild Morel mushrooms (last couple years have been a bust)
Also... peppers are doing fine but Mom's tomatoes are not doing well. This is the third season they seem to have a disease (that started when we used some crappy garden soil... if I had read reviews before buying it, I would have avoided it) It seems some plant diseases can stay in the soil for 3-4 years. It's a small garden and no where else to plant them. "New Zealand spinach" seeds have sprouted but it's cold and rainy today so they will go under a light until tomorrow.
Since moving is not an option, consider grow bags or pots with quality soil. You can still trellis them in the bags. I would go with a minimum of 5 gallon, but would prefer 10 gallon bags/pots. Here's a good site for diagnosing https://ipm.ucanr.edu/ that's what the Master Gardeners use. No login required.

VU Sponsors