Become a Patron!

Geek Vape Griffin 25 Plus RDTA

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received the Griffin 25 Plus RDTA from @GEEKVAPE for the purpose of this review.

http://www.geekvape.com/project/griffin-25-plus/

D07312DB-97D2-4079-8033-4828F9D45B8E_zpshvjw9fs7.jpg

After it's trip from China, the Griffin 25 Plus RDTA arrived and I wasted no time getting it built and vaping!

The package includes the RDTA with the top airflow cap installed, a top cap without airflow, a very good set of spares, a tool, spare glass and an isolator for those who want to do single coil builds.
0C8A379D-8D7D-4A8E-A45D-EAE595821E82_zpssle7p1jw.jpg

The first thing that struck me after opening the package was just how tall this RDTA is, this is a pretty tall tank. It dwarfs my Cleito 120 and with an aftermarket acrylic tip on it, it is even taller! For reference I took a picture of a few popular tanks in size order. Keep in mind, some of these have aftermarket tips on them, but you get the idea.
A30F0100-BC08-4D2F-8BF3-59BC6BA77D5C_zpshdrtbfn8.jpg

Griffin 25 Plus, TFV8, Boreas, Limitless Xl and Cleito 120

The tank is 25mm with an 18.9mm build deck. This is a Kennedy style deck with very large posts and holes. Airflow is via 2 tubes below each coil and juice flow is via two very large channels. I installed a set of 32/26 claptons and set to wicking.
620B7034-2125-4F1B-B033-8F08887EC5D6_zps4tic7gj8.jpg

A41EFA60-C89E-49A4-AC4D-013B6A86DD53_zps9muuaiwr.jpg

Wicking is very straightforward, simply thread your coils and tuck the ends into the juice channels. Very simple. Unfortunately, the pictures I took of the cotton did not come out. I will post some next time I wick. However, it is VERY straightforward.

I reassembled the tank and added my juice, making sure to close both the airflow and the juice flow. I put it on top of my S&P Customs SX350J V2 mod at 110 watts and had a vape. Excellent flavor and cloud production. I used Bad Drip Labs Ugly Butter as this is one of my favorites and figured if it didn't have good flavor, I would be able to tell immediately.

After vaping a full tank last night, I had experienced no leakage or any of the typical seepage issues that plague most RDTA's (hell, we all live with that inconvenience). When I went to bed last night, I left the Griffin 25 Plus on a tank stand with the air and juice flow channels open and a full tank of juice. I am happy to report that there was no puddle of juice on my bedside table this morning, dry as a bone!

Like I mentioned earlier, flavor is great. You have dual airflow on the Griffin 25 Plus RDTA, a bottom airflow and a top airflow (which can be replace with a closed off top cap) so, depending on your preferences, you can regulate airflow very effectively.

The design aesthetics of the Griffin Plus 25 RDTA are very well thought out. It doesn't look tooo busy and it is very functional. The drip tip is a large bore design, same size as the TFV8 and the Goon RDA. One con I have with it is the included cap that removes top airflow. It is plastic, black and does not have a drip tip hole, it has a molded tip. I am a huge fan of custom acrylic tips so this does not jive well with my likings. However, the top airflow is capable of being completely shut off on the metal airflow top cap and is not that big of a deal. I wish they would have made the no-airflow top cap in silver (for the silver unit they sent me for review) with a drip tip hole, but it is what it is.

On to vaping! The Griffin 25 Plus RDTA is not that big of a juice hog and it produces amazing clouds with awesome flavor. I am very impressed with it. I have yet to experience any leakage or seepage with this RDTA and will report back in a few days after I have more seat time with the Griffin 25 Plus RDTA.

967214F1-71C4-4982-9FC9-E711529711CB_zpsrn7vqc7x.jpg

250EC236-5336-49E8-B9D7-F0A7CB1998B0_zpsc6sxijll.jpg

7A7E76D4-9652-4B9B-9D50-EA5D5ADA6DBD_zpssasbxk42.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions you may have about the Griffin 25 Plus RDTA as I will continue to vape and evaluate this RDTA!

Last edited:

Disturbed Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nice Review ! Thanks for the thoughts on it.
Such a nice looking tank.. i hope to get one sometime. I got some pre-made alien claptons , and caterpillar claptons, they are roughly 2.8mm ID so that bigger build deck would help accommodate those larger coils. It's a tight fit in my griffin 22mm. I really like my griffin. So i am sure i'd love the 25 plus even more.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice Review ! Thanks for the thoughts on it.
Such a nice looking tank.. i hope to get one sometime. I got some pre-made alien claptons , and caterpillar claptons, they are roughly 2.8mm ID so that bigger build deck would help accommodate those larger coils. It's a tight fit in my griffin 22mm. I really like my griffin. So i am sure i'd love the 25 plus even more.
Those coils will have no problem fitting in the 25 Plus! I hope you get one soon.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
*****UPDATE*****
So, a full day has passed and I've run about 45ml of juice through my 2 Griffin RDTA's. So far, zero issues and not a single leak. I am thoroughly enjoying this RDTA!
5626C17D-D85D-435B-BCBB-31BCC050B784_zpsyvk1k47b.jpg

VU Sponsors