Become a Patron!

GeekVape Ammit MTL RDA

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Ammit MTL RDA from Geekvape. The Ammit MTL RDA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Carrie from Geekvape.

https://www.geekvape.com/project/ammit-mtl-rda/

In the Box

Contents:

1x Ammit MTL RDA
1x Stainless steel drip tip
1x Drip tip (diameter 2mm)
1x Spare parts pack
1x T-piece tool
2x Clapton coil 0.7ohm
1x User manual

Aesthetics

The Ammit MTL RDA comes in the usual clear plastic casing which is how most Geekvape atomizers are packaged. I received the Stainless Steel version, it's also available in Rainbow, Gold, Blue, Gun Metal, Black and Violet so a colour to pretty much suit everyone. The RDA tapers inwards towards the centre being slightly wider at the top and bottom, the difference is anly slight and seamless as the machining on the Ammit MTL RDA is first class. The bottom of the sleeve has a shiny smooth band which is matched by a tapered smooth band at the top with the rest of the silver on the sleeve being a brushed effect. The front of the sleeve has a Black printed logo which i do like, the pre-installed Black funnel shaped delrin drip tip has an ID of 3mm, the Ammit also comes with a 2mm ID delrin drip tip and a tall 3mm ID stainless Steel drip tip. The very top surface of the Ammit below the drip tip is flat and smooth with the centre protruding upwards to meet seamlessly with the bottom of the drip tip. The RDA has a top airflow control ring which has a hole one side and a slot the other which can be adjusted to line up with a different combination of air holes, the control ring has very slight texturing and moves with just the right amount of resistance. The base of the Ammit MTL RDA has etched branding and safety stamps and comes pre-installed with a protruding, Gold plated, standard 510 (a BF pin is also included). The build quality is top-notch with as already mentioned first class machining.

Ammit MTL RDA Specs and Features:

Size: 22mm x 38.3mm
Type: Single Coil RDA
Drip Tip: 510
Innovative Single Coil MTL RDA
3D Airflow System Producing Unbeatable Flavor
Leak-proof Design with Top to Bottom Airflow System
12 Airflow Adjustment Options for Perfect Restriction
Innovative Dual-layer Chamber Structure to Provide Outstanding Heat Dissipation Effect
Optional 3 Professional MTL Drip Tips for Various Preference
Easy Two-post Build Deck with Deep Juice Well
Thread: 510
Colours: Rainbow, Gold, Blue, Gun Metal, Stainless Steel, Black, Violet

The Airflow

The Ammit MTL RDA has top to bottom airflow with the air travelling from the top down the cavity between the sleeve and air chamber. The air enters the deck section through a hole either side underneath your build, between the posts there's an air outlet where the air hits one side of your coil. Opposite the posts there'e a curved ramp which has another air outlet so the air hits the other side of the coil, what air either side doesn't go up and through the side outlets meet in the middle below your coil and comes up through a third air outlet to hit the bottom of your coil. The air that enters the RDA can be controlled by the top airflow control ring, one side has a slot and when turned you can line it up with 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 holes, then if you keep turning you can reduce the number of holes again right down to 1. The holes are, 2.0mm, 1.5mm, 1.2mm, 1.0mm and 0.8mm. Alternatively you can use the hole on the opposite side of the control ring to just have 1 hole open simply turn to choose the diameter (when using the hole for airflow control the slot will be closed).

The Drip Tips

The pre-installed drip tip has a upper delrin section that screws into a silver bottom which has a 510 fitting, also included is a taller delrin top with a smaller bore that can be screwed into the silver base. The RDA also comes with a tall 510 stainless steel drip tip which is extremely comfortable in the mouth and what i settled on using.

The Deck

The deck is for a single coil build with 2 posts next to each other only separated by one of the already explained air outlets. Fitting the coil legs is easy enough especially keeping the coil in place with the help of a coiling rod. Both legs go in the same direction and the ramp opposite the posts help guide you to get the coil in the perfect position, then simply tighten down the philips grub screws. The deck has 2 large wick ports for your cotton to enter the generous well and wicking is very forgiving. I fitted the BF pin as by choice i only use RDA's for squonking.

My Experience Using the Ammit MTL RDA

I only used the RDA with the BF pin and it worked great this way, Geekvape claim a leakproof design, and i certainly didn't suffer any leaking whatsoever. The airflow is very smooth and i could get quite a tight MTL hit right up to a loose draw which suits me better. I used one of the supplied coils at 16w, 14w when using the 0.8 single hole airflow and was very impressed with the flavour but noticed very little throat hit from the 12mg Snake Oil i used which i put down to the air chamber being quite spacious, the lack of throat hit didn't bother me as i'm only interested in flavour but the fact i noticed when i'm not looking for it means the throat hit is less than i'm accustomed to using MTL atomizers. The only issue i found with the Ammit was sometimes when i tried to unscrew the RDA from my device the sleeve came off leaving the deck on the device which then needed to be unscrewed seperately, it didn't effect the performance or ruin my experience but was a little annoying.

Good build quality
Easy build and forgiving wicking
Really good flavour
Smooth airflow
Resistance on airflow ring just right
Airflow options
Drip tip options
Looks very nice (in my opinion)
Suffered no leaking

Dislikes

Not a dislike personally but noticeable lack of throat hit
Taking RDA off device sometimes left deck behind.

I would once again like to thank Carrie from Geekvape for supplying the Ammit MTL RDA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.geekvape.com/project/ammit-mtl-rda/

VU Sponsors