Become a Patron!

Geekvape Avocado

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I hadn't seen all that much talk about this, seen it mentioned a few times but no full discussion. So I figured I'd mention a few things.

First, I like it, big build deck so I can do a lot of fancy playing around and it's easy to use. It looks pretty and I'm a fan of the huge bore drip tip that comes with it (adapter to put on standard drip tips works flawlessly as well). In general I like the Genesis style RTA design, I love my haze and I love my new Avocado.

But, the reason I wanted to post this is a few flaws with the design, to give a heads up. They're nothing that can't be easily remedied but things I wish I knew a few days ago so I didn't have the spend the last few days poking around and figuring out what was up.

Simple solution to all the problems I had, run a single coil and don't use the block and throw it in the "single coil" airflow option.

Now, the issues:
Wicking- there's no depressurizing hole like the Haze. The juice fill hole on the haze acts fills this need, the Avocado doesn't have this. One option is taking the O-ring off the block but it works even better by just not using it, though then you have to be careful how you're holding the thing to not tip it over. This is a pretty big flaw with the design.

Airflow- it's a big jump between the dual coil and single coil airflow options even with the block in. You can get something in between by sticking a toothpick in the airflow hole on the block though.

Grub Screws - they're weak. Getting some replacements would be a good idea.

Top cap- it's designed with the adjustable airflow as an insert into the cap that connects to the deck. This means less potential room for building. Not a huge hindrance still tons of space but a choice I wish they hadn't made.

510 connection- It's short, never had an issue with any tank/atomizer/whatever in a regulated mod, I did with this. The good news is it has a solid adjustable pin, just a full turn and I was back in business and nothing loosened up. Still be aware that the pin is what holds your stuff together but it screws into the positive post then into a top cap, so realistically you could unscrew it so far that the top cap won't go on and it'll still hold together, though you shouldn't need to go that far and I probably wouldn't advise it as I'm sure they put that cap in there for a reason.

I'll update this if I figure out any more issues/solutions, but for now while I like the thing it does have it's flaws that need to be remedied. I'm a little surprised they didn't consider the whole wicking thing when designing it,

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How 'bout some pics? Never heard of the Avocado before.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I hadn't seen all that much talk about this, seen it mentioned a few times but no full discussion. So I figured I'd mention a few things.

First, I like it, big build deck so I can do a lot of fancy playing around and it's easy to use. It looks pretty and I'm a fan of the huge bore drip tip that comes with it (adapter to put on standard drip tips works flawlessly as well). In general I like the Genesis style RTA design, I love my haze and I love my new Avocado.

But, the reason I wanted to post this is a few flaws with the design, to give a heads up. They're nothing that can't be easily remedied but things I wish I knew a few days ago so I didn't have the spend the last few days poking around and figuring out what was up.

Simple solution to all the problems I had, run a single coil and don't use the block and throw it in the "single coil" airflow option.

Now, the issues:
Wicking- there's no depressurizing hole like the Haze. The juice fill hole on the haze acts fills this need, the Avocado doesn't have this. One option is taking the O-ring off the block but it works even better by just not using it, though then you have to be careful how you're holding the thing to not tip it over. This is a pretty big flaw with the design.

Airflow- it's a big jump between the dual coil and single coil airflow options even with the block in. You can get something in between by sticking a toothpick in the airflow hole on the block though.

Grub Screws - they're weak. Getting some replacements would be a good idea.

I'll update this if I figure out any more issues/solutions, but for now while I like the thing it does have it's flaws that need to be remedied. I'm a little surprised they didn't consider the whole wicking thing when designing it,
May sound sort'a dumb but what exactly is a Genesis style tank?? How does it differ from all the others, like the awesome Griffin? Not trying to be a smart ass or anything but maybe you can enlighten me here, thx
Pics would help

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
http://www.geekvape.com/project/avocado/
1BzOIcv.jpg
MtuEUPE.jpg
PJnABXW.jpg
1bg8ViA.jpg

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
May sound sort'a dumb but what exactly is a Genesis style tank?? How does it differ from all the others, like the awesome Griffin? Not trying to be a smart ass or anything but maybe you can enlighten me here, thx
Pics would help

Tank below the coil rather than on top/around. Basically makes for incredibly easy wicking. With the haze at least it's a no brainer to build on, the Avocado isn't as well designed but has the velocity deck which is nice.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you stick the cotton wicks down into your juice? I could see maybe cotton fibers floating around in there as the wicks age.
Also maybe a potential for dry hits..looking at it I don't think I'd ever order one..airflow looks a little tight too.. Probly a great choice for flavor chasers though, thx for the reply and pics!

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Best flavor I've found. They're smaller tanks so you don't really have to worry about fibers being an issue, and easy to take apart and wick, so every couple days I'll clean it and toss in a new wick, really not a concern. The Dry hitting isn't an issue with the haze at all, tilt it towards the coils and there's not much distance the juice needs to travel up the wick. Because of that vacuum issue on the Avocado it's a bit different.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have my eye on the avocado, tried to find one of the rsst's I used to use years ago but I either tossed them or they are burried somewhere in the vape graveyard. Kinda feeling like vaping a genni again after seeing the avocado, gotta order one... and damn, wish I could find a rsst to play with.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im sure with some Cotton Bacon V2 bits it would wick very well....Im sick of this waiting shit with shipping, I wish I had a better LVS...All the ones in the area are just barely getting Atlantis Tanks and crap in and mostly stock Ego's and 17mg Juices. If I had the capital I would open my own damn shop and help everyone out in the area.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Luckily I have vapordna about 20 min away and on route to a buddies house but the local shops minutes away mostly have the boring subohm tanks and over prices authentic drippers. They usually are behind the times with their inventory but if I can't wait for shipping I usually plan a trip to my friends house and pick up what I want. Bonus, new hardware and some home brewed golden elixir of the gods :cool:

Vacume issues, nothing a drill & tiny bit can't fix :D

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Luckily I have vapordna about 20 min away and on route to a buddies house but the local shops minutes away mostly have the boring subohm tanks and over prices authentic drippers. They usually are behind the times with their inventory but if I can't wait for shipping I usually plan a trip to my friends house and pick up what I want. Bonus, new hardware and some home brewed golden elixir of the gods :cool:

Vacume issues, nothing a drill & tiny bit can't fix :D
Exactly my plan. Take that little block and drill right through the top down through one of the holes that plug the posts. That or potentially drill out an airhole in the deck but I'm not sure where would be best for that so sticking to the block idea for now. It's not like I can really use the dual coil feature on it anyways as the whole thing becomes melt your fingers hot within a few puffs.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Through the block would be the safe way to go and I guess further for juice to travel when tipped over, I like that idea... and you get 2 blocks.

I was thinking through the deck like the rsst fill hole but the bock sounds better... less permanent

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Exactly my thought. Now to actually get it done...it's supposedly ceramic, so can I actually get a nice clean hole through?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Start super small so it doesn't crack and you actually don't need a very big hole. Like the smallest bit you have will let air flow enough for wicking.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll have to stop by harbor freight next time I'm up that way. These are the times I wish my grandpa's shops was still available, every tool I'd ever need.

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm really glad you started this post and mentioned all these things you've came across. I've been very drawn to buying one of these now kinda torn. I was wondering if you ever owned that Haze Dripper that's similar that you mentioned. I remember that authentic Haze was over a $100 :confused: so this Geekvape Avocado really stuck out as something to buy.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the Haze clone, vaping it right now, I love it and it loves me!:D

My hopes for the Avocado was basically a haze with a velocity deck, well it's not. Overall I say the Haze is just superior in all these little details. The Avocado's advantages are basically velocity deck and prettier (that yellow tank is weird, if I could find a replacement to that I'd be so happy). But, those advantages come with all the disadvantages I explained above. Add on to that the Haze's offset drip tip is actually really nice, I hear my coils popping and crackling with juice but rarely do I get anything bouncing up into my mouth. I get it far more often with the Avocado (though still not so often to be unenjoyable, just a little sting every once in a while, like getting hit with that stray oil cooking bacon, not a big deal but kinda "ouchie").

I want to say it was $11 from 3fvape when I got my clone Haze, best purchase I've ever made. The Avocado, ehh, still like it, determined to make it so I love it and I think it's possible, but it'll just take some modifying. Until then I'm vaping it without using that block which means I have to be careful what angle I hold it at.

EDIT: To add, if the guys that made the haze would come out with a version with a Velocity deck and a clear tank, I'd pay the $100 for it!

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Added a couple other little things I thought of, like the 510 connection being short and the top cap cutting off some build space.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Big ol' fan of the Avocado here. I use it more than my Griffins.

@JERUS - surprised you're stuffing cotton down into the tank itself. Personally, I've found the best way to wick was to trim the edges so that they barely fit and hold within the width of the hole I'm shoving it in. As in, no wick visible in the tanks from the sides - but pop the top and the tips are sitting flush in the holes, a little bit of open space on the inside of the holes on each hole. Never got a dry hit, never had any issues with it either way.

The whole 'having to remove the stopper block to refill the tank' issue was jarring, at first, coming from the Haze clone I absolutely fell in love with. I did not dig that, at first. Now, however, after getting used to it, I'm just seeing it as a minor inconvenience at worst. I won't disagree that the Haze has a better fill method, I don't contest that whatsoever. But unless I'm doing a dual vertical coil in it (one coil per feed hole) I simply don't find building on off-set holes to be very ... fun. Makes my coils look off-center (because they are) and at-best I can get a single coil to kinda-sorta sit in the middle if one of the legs is wonky. Avocado came in with that velocity-style deck and made my building dreams come true.

Totally agree with the grub nuts - same with the Griffin's - cheap. Strip City if you're not careful (that's why I've gone ahead and chunked two of them now, I know not my own strength sometimes).

Also, the Haze's off-center drip tip position didn't make it the magical "never spitback" device it was sold to me as, but it's still better than being in the center. I kinda wish that were an option with the Avocado, but oddly enough with the bigger mouthpiece I haven't gotten very much - definitely not enough to be notable.

I remember reading something someone 'round here said about how spitback was 99% your wicking and your airflow options as opposed to wattage - i.e. having a widebore drip tip somehow eliminated a ton of spitback. Just something that's stuck in my mind since reading it, because I don't seem to get very much spitback regardless of my wicking with this guy, and I think the widebore drip tip has something to do with that.

Anywho, good thread! Good piece, good vape, good times.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried having the wick flush right inside the holes and it still created that vacuum and didn't wick as well as I had hoped. I tried not even tucking them in the juice holes but simply under the coil and that ended in a lower quality vape and still has the issues as they covered the holes still (big coil). I think the key is just having room for air to travel into the tank to depressurize the system. My haze I simply can't screw up the wicking, having it flush or packing it with an entire strip of cotton dangling into the tank, no difference. So yeah you're right I could fix it with wicking but then I have to be really careful and since I tilt it to the side with the coil to get the juice up into the wick, if I don't use enough it'll spill out, and if I use too much it'll block off the holes and pressurize the tank. Easier to just vape without the block and get that same impossible to screw up quality of the Haze, at least IMO.

As for the offset drip tip, you're right, it's not perfect, it's just very noticeably better. I always use twisted or now fused claptons, the popping and crackling happens a lot as it should when you have pockets of juice in the coil. I don't think wicking has anything to do with this issue, it's simply something that's going to happen with the coils I'm using, decreasing the area in which a stray drop of hot juice can fly through the hole simply makes it less likely to happen. I think there are different types of "spitback" to the point that I'm not sure what the actual definition is. I know I used to get it a lot with some of my old tanks, and it was basically because of having too much juice in the wick than the coil was able to vaporize. Increasing wattage, using thicker juice, or if it was a custom build less wick all solved that problem. That's not really the issue I'm encountering with this except if I just prime the thing and oversaturate the wick, and that's gone in a pull or two. As I see it you have that type of spitback (just sucking drops of juice from the wick), you have the Popping from juice pockets in the coil, and you have buildup that will simply happen in your drip tip regardless of bore, but since you have increased pressure and less volume in the small bore drip tips it's more likely that you'll be getting that coming out.

I'll continue to play with the wicking though, it's nice to hear that you've had success where I haven't, means I'm probably doing something wrong.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I decided to rewick, cotton just fluffed barely touching the deck(none in the hole and not covering it all the way), turned the wattage down a bit, and it's working well. I was worried that'd result in juice just pouring out the airflow as I tilt it, but no go so far. So yeah, no need to remove the block, but you don't get the worry free wicking that the Haze offers.

C.Alexander

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Really good discussion. I have had the Haze tank for a little more than week, and my only minor complaint is the small fluid tank. The Avocado seems like a good option. End of the month I will have to try and get one. Thanks all.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I decided to rewick, cotton just fluffed barely touching the deck(none in the hole and not covering it all the way), turned the wattage down a bit, and it's working well. I was worried that'd result in juice just pouring out the airflow as I tilt it, but no go so far. So yeah, no need to remove the block, but you don't get the worry free wicking that the Haze offers.
So, yes I got it to work, but I'm just not getting enough juice to my coil with this. I'll keep playing around but for now back to just taking the block off and wicking it haphazardly.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
seems to me it would make more sense to take a marquis dripper and just mod it to be a BF......and squonk.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got some Alien wire that's a couple days out, I'm excited to get a fatty coil in there and open 'er up a bit. Just as long as she doesn't whistle - I had a standard clapton that vaped wonderfully but whistled incessantly unless I put the single air hole just right, just off to the right side of the coil. Bugged me, so I scrapped that bad boy for a later tank, later day. Hoping I don't have the same problem with the alien wire, I think I'll drop the wrap to a 2.5 just in case.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got mine last week, 1st day it wasn't working good, ohms jumping all over, so put it away till had more time with it.

Now got it sorted, have to unscrew the 510 pin a few turns to make a good connection with any of my mods, and in doing so makes the pin pretty loose, so will see if can add a small oring to it.

I wicked it with only 1 tail touching the base, to try and get a bit more juice capacity, the flavor is awesome and really smooth vape, running a single clapton coil coming in at 0.75ohms and running at 35 watts.

HCc4Vhj.jpg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wonder about a ceramic U wick in this?
Can you find those online yet? Or do you have to grind them out youself still?

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now when does the black avocado hit the market? Day after I buy the silver one lol.
Money would practically fly out of my wallet, across the room, out the window, etc...

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, finally found something that is working very very well in this thing. 0.22Ω dual 2X26gk/40gk fused claptons, wicks well enough, doesn't transfer the heat too much. Vapes very nicely. I have the airflow on the "dual coil" setting but closed to 2/3 of the size. I still have to extend the pin a little bit but the other issues I've had have been addressed. It's no haze, it's not as carefree, but it is nice. With this thing finally dialed in I got my Griffin with @CrazyChef 's alien coils in there, my Haze with a 2X26gSS/40gK @ 0.14Ω, and this Avocado going, solid set of vapes.

I have the Haze clone, vaping it right now, I love it and it loves me!:D

My hopes for the Avocado was basically a haze with a velocity deck, well it's not. Overall I say the Haze is just superior in all these little details. The Avocado's advantages are basically velocity deck and prettier (that yellow tank is weird, if I could find a replacement to that I'd be so happy). But, those advantages come with all the disadvantages I explained above. Add on to that the Haze's offset drip tip is actually really nice, I hear my coils popping and crackling with juice but rarely do I get anything bouncing up into my mouth. I get it far more often with the Avocado (though still not so often to be unenjoyable, just a little sting every once in a while, like getting hit with that stray oil cooking bacon, not a big deal but kinda "ouchie").

I want to say it was $11 from 3fvape when I got my clone Haze, best purchase I've ever made. The Avocado, ehh, still like it, determined to make it so I love it and I think it's possible, but it'll just take some modifying. Until then I'm vaping it without using that block which means I have to be careful what angle I hold it at.

EDIT: To add, if the guys that made the haze would come out with a version with a Velocity deck and a clear tank, I'd pay the $100 for it!

completely agree with this review. the avocado is great, but i do like the fact the haze has the pressure relief holes. i would like to see a modified block for the avocado come out with 1 hole in that block for filling/ pressure relief. i have actually found the "hazz v2" on FT, the no logo version with pyrex tank, to be almost the perfect tank. easy fill(with the block installed) zero wicking vapor lock, and generally just of better quality than the branded one they are selling.
if geekvape would make just some slight tweaks on the v2 avocado, it will be perfect.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All they need to do is give one of the blocks they include (or all of them really) a hole through one of the posts to the top. That'd fix the issues. No need for a full redesign just the block. Either way mine's working pretty damn well with the dual coil setup I have in it now. You just can't get too crazy in it, it can't handle everything it can fit.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had mine for a little over a week now, love it! Haven't had any dry hits, super smooth, good airflow in both single and dual coil modes, and haven't had any wicking issues (vacuum issues) in either mode. To combat the vacuum issue, just leave a little space in the wicking holes (wicks don't need to be packed tight in there), and you can refill with a needle bottle/Unicorn bottle this way too. Because of it's design, I'd never have this on it's side or upside down anyways, so leaking isn't an issue. I've been leaving my wicks long enough to reach the bottom of the tank (so I don't have to tilt it to juice it), then I fluff out the ends of the wick too. It works every time this way so I see no need to change (although after a few tanks of different juices, the cotton will start to gunk up a bit, which is like any RDA so it's no big deal)

20160214_211245.jpg 20160215_144631.jpg 20160220_023235.jpg

Last edited:

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@JERUS - how do you refill it in dual coil mode? Do you push past the wick in any hole and just go for it? Curious, I've never used it in dual coil mode. (Honestly, never saw a reason to.)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have one of the holes with the wick barely in there. Take a toothpick or if I'm home tweezers and pull that out, fill, then push the wick back in. Nice and easy. Can just use anything pokey.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@JERUS - how do you refill it in dual coil mode? Do you push past the wick in any hole and just go for it? Curious, I've never used it in dual coil mode. (Honestly, never saw a reason to.)

That's how I fill my dual coil builds, just poke the needle tip of the bottle in the wick hole and fill 'er up. Since I leave a "breathing" space in my wick, it work perfectly for filling too. (my wicks are long so pulling them out each time would be somewhat messy for me lol)

I have one of the holes with the wick barely in there. Take a toothpick or if I'm home tweezers and pull that out, fill, then push the wick back in. Nice and easy. Can just use anything pokey.

I've though about doing the one tail long, one tail short method, but been skeptical on how evenly it'll wick. Do both sides stay saturated, even if the short tail isn't resting in juice? As in will the juice flow up the long tail, through the coil, and back down the short tail? and does it do that efficiently? This is the only thing keeping me from that method, just don't wanna have to sit and wait a minute between each pull, nor any dry hits.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think ideally you want 2 long tails, but this makes it easier to fill, when I try to just poke through the wick I find it overflowing or me having to go very slowly on the fill. Easier to pull out a tail and fill then poke it back in.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think ideally you want 2 long tails, but this makes it easier to fill, when I try to just poke through the wick I find it overflowing or me having to go very slowly on the fill. Easier to pull out a tail and fill then poke it back in.

That's fair enough. My first wick and fill did that, started overflowing through one wick hole, even though the tank was half empty (to much back-pressure inside the tank). Once I figured out the wick "breathing" it worked out perfectly for me. Then again, I seem to get lucky an awful lot when it comes to wicks and coils. (all tanks coils I've gotten never need more than 5 pulls to break in, and all my RDA builds always seem to wick perfectly, I never get the problems some people get where the wick is saturated but they still get dry hits). Truth be told, I'm very lucky when it comes to vaping, hell, my very first actual vape mod setup (iStick 50W with an Aspire Atlantis tank, I don't consider the eGo twist with CE5 clearo a mod setup, but a pen setup) I won in a B&Ms store opening contest, plus a bottle of 12Monkeys Tropika ejuice :cool:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah you are! :p or you're just doing a lot of things right.

Anyways, the Avocado has given me some trouble, not even close to the worst RTA I've had on that, but just compared to the Haze it's just much more fickle. The Haze seems like I could ball up some cotton and wire in my hand shove it in there and it'd find a way to work still. So that's what I was expecting with the Avocado. Now that I got it dialed in I'm loving it and I use it more than my Haze.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am only running a single coil, but I only have 1 trimmed tail going into the tank, as the cotton was taking away to much juice capacity, I side I have it cut flush with the top of the hole, the other side I have going to the bottom of the tank, but it is thinned out, so not much room being taken out of the tank, and is working just fine that way for me :)

Hey man. I own the avocado24 mm and they addressed the filling aspect of it with. Seperate side latch for filling right on the deck. And the rest of your issues are just really a wicking issue. It took me a long while of messing with it to nail it. But with this tank. Less is more. I don't have my wick hanging all the way down. It's unnecessary. The most important part is that you don't clogg up the juice flow holes with wick. While juiced and in the hole you want to be able to see that air can escape still. Best way I can explain it is a waning gibous if you know your moon phases. Even knowing that, you may have to play around with it a couple times before nailing it. The only con I had to this tank is the learning curve when wicking it. Building on it super easy, wicking not so much. But when you really nailed the wicking their is nothing like it at all! The flavor is unmatched. Even better then some of my rdas. And the build I have in chucks clouds. I've got a single coil, fused clapton 3mm diameter 5 wraps comin in at .25 and it fucking RIPS!. NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL. NO DRY HITS AT ALL. NO NOTHING. JUST NOT FOR THE LAZY OR IMPATIENT BUILDER. If you want something easier/more forgiving and with alot more wiggle room when it comes to wicking, check out the limitless rdta. That thing definetly gives the avocado a run for its money and takes the cake as far as being more user friendly and just overall has more wiggle room without making you Pay for it lol

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, there were initial hiccups coming from my Haze which just was the easiest thing ever. But, now I own 3 22mm Avocados.

Got mine last week, 1st day it wasn't working good, ohms jumping all over, so put it away till had more time with it.

Now got it sorted, have to unscrew the 510 pin a few turns to make a good connection with any of my mods, and in doing so makes the pin pretty loose, so will see if can add a small oring to it.

I wicked it with only 1 tail touching the base, to try and get a bit more juice capacity, the flavor is awesome and really smooth vape, running a single clapton coil coming in at 0.75ohms and running at 35 watts.

HCc4Vhj.jpg
Is that the 22 ?

Yes it was, but ended up in the trash, as still had connection problems with, got sick of messing with it.
DOH ! Ya, my bad...guess it was the 22 [after paying attention to the date of your post]
I still use one in daily rotation, have another unopened, also sent one to my Brother in Oz.
I would have opened my second one, but the pre-order 24 (x2) showed up in my vape mail finally.
Love them 24's

BEast13

Member For 4 Years
Is there some where I can go to purchase a new 510 pin so that I can swap out my Avacado 24 to a squonk atty.
I know I've heard the name of a site but my brain isn't wanting to function today. TYSVMIA

Is there some where I can go to purchase a new 510 pin so that I can swap out my Avacado 24 to a squonk atty.
I know I've heard the name of a site but my brain isn't wanting to function today. TYSVMIA
Maybe if Geekvape do one but if you unscrew the 510 there is another screw holding your positive terminal down so I don't think you can do it. You can take yours apart and look but I just got my wicking in primo!

C.Alexander

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Try "Fat Daddy Vapes", they are in Cali if I remember correctly.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i only read a few posts, so im not sure if this has been mentioned and remedied already, but if not, OP: you are using way too much wick. thats where your wicking issues are coming from. you need to leave room for air to pass beside each wick-end that dips into the tank. slide a tiny screwdriver or syringe or similar tool next to each wick tail through the hole. you'd think this will make it leak, but it actually does the opposite. and also dont make the tails long- just a slight dip into the tank is all you want/need. it wicks amazingly well this way- no leaks, no dry hits.

VU Sponsors