Become a Patron!

GeekVape Creed Wicking Trouble

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I recently got a GeekVape Creed rta and I’m having a heckuva time getting it wicked properly. Of the four times I’ve wicked the rta it has only worked well once, I tried repeating the process as I had done when I was successful but didn’t have any luck. I’ve watched a view reviewers wick the Creed but no luck with that either. I’m trimming the wicks thin and not too long. Any advice is appreciated.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I don't own it. Maybe if you post some close ups of your wick someone might have a suggestion?
What is it that your not liking?
Dry/weak?
Leaks?

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't own it. Maybe if you post some close ups of your wick someone might have a suggestion?
What is it that your not liking?
Dry/weak?
Leaks?
I’ll get a good hit and then it’s dry and I have to let it sit for a minute or two. When I had it done right I could vape and vape without a dry hit.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like too much wick (cotton?) in the ports or coil or both then.
It looks like it need to be loosely in the ports, not tight or overly loose but a small void so when the juice expands the cotton it swells and keeps it from leaking. And evenish with the bottom if the ports, not hanging down under the deck.

Taking pics of the wicking might help as a reminder of what you did when it works well.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I’ll put a build in sometime soon. Figured maybe someone had one and may have been able to tell how they did it.

VU Sponsors