Become a Patron!

Geekvape Griffin 25 Plus RDTA

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I received this from Geekvape free for an evaluation/review.
Let me start this by saying that I have two of the original Griffin 22's and love them. I've always been pretty impressed with the quality and performance of them so it was a no-brainer for me to jump at the chance to give the Griffin 25 Plus a try. Upon opening the box and giving it a look, the Griffin 25 Plus is built every bit as well, it not even better than the original 22mm version. I really like the size of the build deck as it will give ample room for large coils, easy to build on Velocity style posts with the new Kennedy style airflow should make this an easy tank to set up.
I noticed that aside from the newly designed build deck Geekvape did make some other improvements over the original Griffin in this model, most notably the airflow control. My Griffin 22 always had the issue of the airflow control ring not staying where you set it since there was no detents or friction to hold it in place. I would have to readjust it several times a day during normal use, not a really big deal, but a minor inconvenience none the less. The airflow on the new 25 Plus has great detents on it, and it takes some effort to make it turn so there is little chance that it will get closed up accidentally. Another plus is the top cap is now fluted making it a lot easier to remove for refilling.
On to building/setup. I don't wind fancy coils (yet) so I put a basic dual coil single wire build of 24ga SS316L on it and wicked her up. I've never wicked a Kennedy style deck before, and I guess I had too much wick in the base as it leaked after several minutes. I pulled it out and reworked it, and this time it stayed dry as a bone.
On to vaping.... I first tried out the Griffin 25 Plus in TC mode on my G2 set in full auto mode at 530F and all I can say is this thing can really chuck some flavorful clouds. I was able to chain vape with the mod set for maximum pre-heat (171 watts) and it never had any trouble keeping up, never once causing the mod to cut back to prevent a dry hit. I then moved it over the IPV3Li and ran it in power mode and found my sweet spot at 65 watts with the same results, no problem keeping up chain vaping. I did try the top airflow at various settings and found that I like it best with it barely cracked open. I have not tried it with the plain top cap as i felt that the vape with it would be little different than vaping with the top airflow shut completely down. I can see that it might be nice to have if you decide that top airflow isn't for you, though.
I guess I've probably run close to 200ml of juice through the Griffin since I've had it, and I have to say I'm very impressed with the performance of it. I'd say Geekvape has another real winner here and would recommend it to anyone looking for a new RTA without hesitation.
Thank you, Geekvape for the opportunity to try out this wonderful RTA!

Please excuse the poor quality pics as the only camera I have is my phone. I also apologize for no pics of the deck but I didn't think to take pics before putting this in service . I'll update with internal pics next time I rebuild.

Griffin1.jpg Griffin2.jpg

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I won a Griffin 25 plus from Heaven Gifts and I have had it just over a week now and really like it. I am really enjoying the build deck on this one, I have a 22 and a 25 and they are both good tanks but the plus is a major improvement with the build deck.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I won a Griffin 25 plus from Heaven Gifts and I have had it just over a week now and really like it. I am really enjoying the build deck on this one, I have a 22 and a 25 and they are both good tanks but the plus is a major improvement with the build deck.

I agree, the 22 was a good RTA, but the 25 Plus blows it away.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As much as I like my Griffin
25 I like my Sense RTA-2 more..same 25mm and velocity deck but the juice channels are wider and alot bigger..never a dry hit and it holds a true 6ml of juice..
But the Griff 25 is a good tank... :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As much as I like my Griffin
25 I like my Sense RTA-2 more..same 25mm and velocity deck but the juice channels are wider and alot bigger..never a dry hit and it holds a true 6ml of juice..
But the Griff 25 is a good tank... :)

I might have to check that one out!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
72d73d610f62c27d1af9e5fe0face3ed.jpg

Here is a pic of the deck..note the wide juice channels and bigger airholes under the coils
cd70a81f370af94d1732741bfc7c1e11.jpg

Here it is on my IPV4..Note the wide adj juice port (2) (you can see my cotton, lol)
If you get one you won't be disappointed ..

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I received this from Geekvape free for an evaluation/review.
Let me start this by saying that I have two of the original Griffin 22's and love them. I've always been pretty impressed with the quality and performance of them so it was a no-brainer for me to jump at the chance to give the Griffin 25 Plus a try. Upon opening the box and giving it a look, the Griffin 25 Plus is built every bit as well, it not even better than the original 22mm version. I really like the size of the build deck as it will give ample room for large coils, easy to build on Velocity style posts with the new Kennedy style airflow should make this an easy tank to set up.
I noticed that aside from the newly designed build deck Geekvape did make some other improvements over the original Griffin in this model, most notably the airflow control. My Griffin 22 always had the issue of the airflow control ring not staying where you set it since there was no detents or friction to hold it in place. I would have to readjust it several times a day during normal use, not a really big deal, but a minor inconvenience none the less. The airflow on the new 25 Plus has great detents on it, and it takes some effort to make it turn so there is little chance that it will get closed up accidentally. Another plus is the top cap is now fluted making it a lot easier to remove for refilling.
On to building/setup. I don't wind fancy coils (yet) so I put a basic dual coil single wire build of 24ga SS316L on it and wicked her up. I've never wicked a Kennedy style deck before, and I guess I had too much wick in the base as it leaked after several minutes. I pulled it out and reworked it, and this time it stayed dry as a bone.
On to vaping.... I first tried out the Griffin 25 Plus in TC mode on my G2 set in full auto mode at 530F and all I can say is this thing can really chuck some flavorful clouds. I was able to chain vape with the mod set for maximum pre-heat (171 watts) and it never had any trouble keeping up, never once causing the mod to cut back to prevent a dry hit. I then moved it over the IPV3Li and ran it in power mode and found my sweet spot at 65 watts with the same results, no problem keeping up chain vaping. I did try the top airflow at various settings and found that I like it best with it barely cracked open. I have not tried it with the plain top cap as i felt that the vape with it would be little different than vaping with the top airflow shut completely down. I can see that it might be nice to have if you decide that top airflow isn't for you, though.
I guess I've probably run close to 200ml of juice through the Griffin since I've had it, and I have to say I'm very impressed with the performance of it. I'd say Geekvape has another real winner here and would recommend it to anyone looking for a new RTA without hesitation.
Thank you, Geekvape for the opportunity to try out this wonderful RTA!

Please excuse the poor quality pics as the only camera I have is my phone. I also apologize for no pics of the deck but I didn't think to take pics before putting this in service . I'll update with internal pics next time I rebuild.

View attachment 65767 View attachment 65768
Nice write up bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VU Sponsors