Become a Patron!

Geekvape Griffin 25mm announced, the ultimate RTA?

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh shit, i got so excited when i saw that 10 minutes ago, looks like the ultimate RTA, everything about it is better than the 22mm version

Standard / Top Airflow version
♦ Available for single or dual coil
♦ 6.2ml juice capacity
♦ 17mm build deck
♦ Clicking-Clock Positions airflow control
♦ Top airflow with travel-to-the-coil structure (Top airflow version)
geekvape-griffin-25-rta-ceramic-block.png

High-quality and environmentally friendly
♦ Hardness of SS316 set screws at 55-58HRC by 1200℃ Nitrogen surface treatment
♦ Peek Insulator raw material made in USA
♦ Silica Glass Tank: High-temperature resistant, excellent acid resistant

geekvape-griffin-rta-25-top-airflow-version.png

geekvape-griffin-rta-25-exploded-view.png

Juice holes are now MUCH wider ... such an amazing RTA, bye bye Gemini, bye bye Griffin 22mm :D

Last edited:

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What are you guys talking about? Geekvape took Raymo's ideas for the design of this RTA? i highly doubt that, this tank has been in the making for a few months now and have ideas collected from all over the vaping community, plenty of people in Geekvape's facebook page have requested these features over and over and over for a long time, the fundamental design of the Griffin 22mm has not changed a bit, they just made a tank with higher capacity and some obvious improvements that are not unique to this particular tank, the top airflow was popularized by the Herakles, the single coil blocker has been there in RDAs for a long time, the increased liquid capacity and 25mm size has been requested by many original Griffin users for a long time, the clicking-clock AFC is being used by many manufacturers lately, Nitrogen surface treatment they already did in the tsunami.

none of these ideas are new or unique and non of them are Raymo's own unique inventions, and Raymo's RTA prototype is very different from the new Griffin from the bottom up, the all Delrin top cap, the heat sink, the airflow design, everything in Raymo's tank is different, so what are you guys talking about?

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was just joking about it being like my RTA, I just said they are slow to the punch, I did however advise them to consider a 25mm Griffin with some design changes and they never responded...
If you check their facebook page you will find 100s of posts requesting that 25mm tank over and over for a long time, so it is not only you who suggested that, it is probably everyone who liked the Griffin and wanted larger capacity, it is just so intuitive when you use and like the 22mm that you feel you want a 25mm version.

I also do not think they are being slow, this is very smart marketing, they released the 22mm and sold a whole bunch of it, everyone loved it and they got tons of feedback to help with improvement, they have taken all this feedback into account and released the 25mm version which i see as Griffin v.2 just in time when they found the first serious competition from Vaporesso, as soon as the Gemini started hitting the market they responded with this and almost everybody who bought the original Griffin will again buy this one, at least i know i will, so how is this being late? i think it is being marketing masters!

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are you guys talking about? Geekvape took Raymo's ideas for the design of this RTA? i highly doubt that, this tank has been in the making for a few months now and have ideas collected from all over the vaping community, plenty of people in Geekvape's facebook page have requested these features over and over and over for a long time, the fundamental design of the Griffin 22mm has not changed a bit, they just made a tank with higher capacity and some obvious improvements that are not unique to this particular tank, the top airflow was popularized by the Herakles, the single coil blocker has been there in RDAs for a long time, the increased liquid capacity and 25mm size has been requested by many original Griffin users for a long time, the clicking-clock AFC is being used by many manufacturers lately, Nitrogen surface treatment they already did in the tsunami.
none of these ideas are new or unique and non of them are Raymo's own unique inventions, and Raymo's RTA prototype is very different from the new Griffin from the bottom up, the all Delrin top cap, the heat sink, the airflow design, everything in Raymo's tank is different, so what are you guys talking about?

It was more or less an "VU Insider" joke, we all know he didn't invent all these features and whatnot, it's just coincidental that he happens to also be designing an RTA with alot of these same features. We've been talking about it for a few weeks/months, and then when he finally has it in the works, another RTA comes out following alot of the same design aspects. It was just a funny coincidence that we all noticed and started to joke about.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It was more or less an "VU Insider" joke, we all know he didn't invent all these features and whatnot, it's just coincidental that he happens to also be designing an RTA with alot of these same features. We've been talking about it for a few weeks/months, and then when he finally has it in the works, another RTA comes out following alot of the same design aspects. It was just a funny coincidence that we all noticed and started to joke about.
There is still a large market space for Raymo's RTA, the Griffin does not have any serious competition apart from the Vaporesso Gemini, i don't see why most people wouldn't buy both the Griffin and the Raymo's, i know if both are in the market i will buy both, Raymo's RTA has a few twists with airflow, top cap, deck etc that i would really like to have as well.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is that worth another $38 though? I guess its a good thing, I just dont see it being much more of an improvement over the original, the top fill is easy enough so refilling it twice isnt a big deal, I just dont think its worth the money to refill half as much...Now if they increased the deck to 19-21mm that would of been a nice improvements, why not upscale everything?
What is the VCMT deck... I forget. The Griffin deck is more than usable. The VCMT is no worries at all. This V2 is a couple mm wider. Should be fine, but I know what you mean.

I don't know how much I care about top flow. All I know is that the Griffin is all I need. A bigger tank and slightly bigger deck is icing. I'll get one. The VCMT is great on my wider Evo, so I want a 25mm tank that isn't a bitch to wick. Hopefully it performs as well as the v1.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The diameter of the deck where the chamber is? I thought the VCMT was bigger by a couple mm. I mean I can fit a couple more larger wraps no sweat. 8 wraps of 3mm VS 10 wraps of 4mm.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well that's deceiving, I'll have to take another look. I try to keep away from edge so I don't short. On the Griffin, I go by edge of deck, but it looked like that was edge of chamber. If it's bigger I'll build to edge.

The air port and juice seem narrower to. Not that that is a big deal, but a narrower 8 wrap spaced coil fills the middle and wick is straight down to juice port. The VCMT seems to do the same with wider coil.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's funny that just last night I was saying how cool it would be if they made a 25mm version with at least 5ml capacity since it drinks juice so fast.:D

jefx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Oh shit, i got so excited when i saw that 10 minutes ago, looks like the ultimate RTA, everything about it is better than the 22mm version

Standard / Top Airflow version
♦ Available for single or dual coil
♦ 6.2ml juice capacity
♦ 17mm build deck
♦ Clicking-Clock Positions airflow control
♦ Top airflow with travel-to-the-coil structure (Top airflow version)

Juice holes are now MUCH wider ... such an amazing RTA, bye bye Gemini, bye bye Griffin 22mm :D

Looks great, but the top airflow is a completely useless gimmick.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well Im glad I waited so long to pull the trigger on the Griffin. When is the 25mm version coming out for sale?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I saw expected mid-April on the efun.top site.

mav

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks like 2 different Griffin 25's, the 6.2 ml has the normal air flow, and the 6 ml has the added top air flow. The top air flow unit is available (pre order) by itself so you can swap around. You can go from single coil regular air to exotic 2 coil builds with additional top air flow. Enough variety to keep me busy for a while.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Last edited by a moderator:

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ordered mine yesterday on pre order for 29.50 from fasttech. The site said ETA April 1st, but who knows...
Why did you pick Fasttech in particular and not Heavengifts or eFun? i want to pre-order one myself, not sure which retailer to go with.

S

Shane Green

I ordered mine yesterday on pre order for 29.50 from fasttech. The site said ETA April 1st, but who knows...
I think Fasttech is not an authorized distributors of Geekvape. I am not sure whether it is original or not. I have ordered one from Heavengifts, It is a famous one of Geekvape distributors.

There was a coupon code to use at FastTech. Yes there was a code at heavengifts, but that code wouldn't work for me.
Here's the code for those that want to try it if it still works 4 FastTech MAPS

Plus I never order from any of them places, Including Fasttech.

Last edited:

jefx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Looks like 2 different Griffin 25's, the 6.2 ml has the normal air flow, and the 6 ml has the added top air flow. The top air flow unit is available (pre order) by itself so you can swap around. You can go from single coil regular air to exotic 2 coil builds with additional top air flow. Enough variety to keep me busy for a while.

Personally, I don't see how that top airflow does anything beneficial. Once the jet stream has been established (by sucking through the atty) traveling from below the coil to the chimney tube, any air traveling from the top airflow will simply merge with the (already established upward airflow) air as it enters the chimney tube. There is no force drawing the top airflow to actually contact the coils, unless you were sucking from the wrong end of the atty.

I ordered the one with the top airflow but I don't have the version one either so I figured if the top air flow sucks I would turn it off

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Personally, I don't see how that top airflow does anything beneficial. Once the jet stream has been established (by sucking through the atty) traveling from below the coil to the chimney tube, any air traveling from the top airflow will simply merge with the (already established upward airflow) air as it enters the chimney tube. There is no force drawing the top airflow to actually contact the coils, unless you were sucking from the wrong end of the atty.
Except that you can adjust both. And nothing draws anything. Air flows from high pressure to low pressure. If there is low pressure at the chimney, air flows.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't know that there is one. But it's not a matter of this one beating g that one. High pressure... Atmosphere... Goes to low pressure.... Chamber.

Top air flow usually is about added cooling for hot buolds/tanks. I personally don't see the need for what I do.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know that there is one. But it's not a matter of this one beating g that one. High pressure... Atmosphere... Goes to low pressure.... Chamber.

Top air flow usually is about added cooling for hot buolds/tanks. I personally don't see the need for what I do.
Yeah, I don't really know what he was talking about except to say top airflow is dumb. I agree. And if the build is too hot, that's what the watts down button is for or maybe don't use a build that overpowers the chamber size and airflow capacity. Adding air to the exhaust to cool overly hot vapor coming from the chamber may cool what enters your mouth, but you're still overheating the chamber (juice and wick). It seems to only compensate for using the wrong build/power setting or compensate for a tank that has too little airflow. Either way it's only there to cover a flaw. I say eliminate the flaw. Gimmicky bullshit.

jefx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Except that you can adjust both. And nothing draws anything. Air flows from high pressure to low pressure. If there is low pressure at the chimney, air flows.

Sure, it's adjustable, but it's like adjusting your muffler bearings. You can adjust them all you want but your car won't run better.

The user "draws" air through the atomizer with his/her lungs, unless there is some sort of powered air induction in this model that I'm not seeing o_O

Anyway, the claim is that the top airflow flows over the top of the coils at the same time that air flows under the coils. However, I don't see how that can happen. The air will travel from the intake (airholes) directly to the exhaust (chimney tube). Air from the top airholes won't flow over the coils, it will just add cooler air into the chimney.

jefx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I don't really know what he was talking about except to say top airflow is dumb. I agree. And if the build is too hot, that's what the watts down button is for or maybe don't use a build that overpowers the chamber size and airflow capacity. Adding air to the exhaust to cool overly hot vapor coming from the chamber may cool what enters your mouth, but you're still overheating the chamber (juice and wick). It seems to only compensate for using the wrong build/power setting or compensate for a tank that has too little airflow. Either way it's only there to cover a flaw. I say eliminate the flaw. Gimmicky bullshit.

Yep.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well the air is chanelled to the chamber. To the top of it. Plenty of other attys have top air flow with varying degrees of performance and effect. With top and bottom you can adjust both.

The air from the holes does not go to the chimney... There is a coil in the way. Goes around the coil, swirls, mixes. Air from top comes down and has to change direction. It swirls, mixes.

And im not trying to split hairs, but nothing draws anything. You create a low pressure in your lungs, air flows into your lungs from the higher pressure around them. Everything pushes, nothing pulls. Point being, low pressure in chamber high pressure will fill it from everywhere it can. Lot going on in a chamber, obstructions creates turbulence. Things mix.

Awesome thing is, Geek Vape gives you the option of paying for it or not. I choose not. Others choose to buy it. Choices are great.

jefx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
And im not trying to split hairs, but nothing draws anything. You create a low pressure in your lungs, air flows into your lungs from the higher pressure around them. Everything pushes, nothing pulls. Point being, low pressure in chamber high pressure will fill it from everywhere it can. Lot going on in a chamber, obstructions creates turbulence. Things mix.

Sure. But the commen nomenclature for that process is "draw" or "drag" for ciggy smokers, or "hit" for stoners.

Anyway, the coils are not in the path of airflow from the top intakes.... at least according to the pictures supplied by geekvape.

It was a smart move by geekvape to allow that gimmick as an option instead of a mandatory feature.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sure. But the commen nomenclature for that process is "draw" or "drag" for ciggy smokers, or "hit" for stoners.

Anyway, the coils are not in the path of airflow from the top intakes.... at least according to the pictures supplied by geekvape.

It was a smart move by geekvape to allow that gimmick as an option instead of a mandatory feature.
Couldn't agree more, though that system of top airflow is FAR better than the original methods of just adding air at the top of the chambers. I was a bit disappointed with the top airflow thing until I found out it was optional. Even closing it you still lose that complete seal if my experience with other systems is anything like this one.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Sure, I understand the use of the word. But people like to go a step further and consider it some special thing with special attributes. It isn't. Air flow is air flow. High pressure to low pressure. In a chamber, everything mixes. Whether it's useful or not is a different discussion.

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ultimate RTA will have that now Infamous top-filling RTA problem engineered out of it. When you put the cap back on, it pressurizes the tank, forcing juice back through the build deck and airflow intakes. The VCMT 30mm being the worst example. I lose a solid ml of juice with every refill. That is my only bitch with that tank, and keep it from being the ultimate RTA already. It otherwise performs like a top fuel dragster, nothing else comes close. All that being said, I'm waiting for the jury to return the verdict on the Griffin 25... Top airflow or no? Better feature or gimmick? Time and reviews will tell... I'm also a bit excited about Raymo's RTA. The bar has been set pretty high lately, but I'm confident that he will knock it out of the park and change the game once again...

jefx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The ultimate RTA will have that now Infamous top-filling RTA problem engineered out of it. When you put the cap back on, it pressurizes the tank, forcing juice back through the build deck and airflow intakes. .

The Kayfun 4 had figured out a fix for that problem. By machining a section of the threads flat on the top fill cap, it allowed the pressure to equalize while screwing the cap back on.

I wonder why we don't see more of that?

I have the 22mm and i love it...
but my Custom Mod DNA 200 is on a bigger side and the 25mm would look MUCH MUCH BETTER...

cac09c19-7742-46c9-b63b-ffccca8463a8_zpsc2t6q6dm.jpg

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Origin vape has the 25 mm in stock and ready to ship

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I agree with above statements, the top airflow is doing nothing but killing flavor. Plus the deck (in terms of true build space) is BARELY any bigger and the capacity advertised is a lie. I own mine and it's a colossal let down. The Boreas and the Herakles 25mm are the two best tanks out I've used, the Griffin 25mm is just kind of me tooing it up.

Ravendark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I cancelled my FT order cause the dispatch date changed to 3 weeks from now and going to buy it from a local vape shop...

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I cancelled my FT order cause the dispatch date changed to 3 weeks from now and going to buy it from a local vape shop...

I'm in the same boat, but what happens with the $ already paid? Credit or a paypal refund?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
FT and 3F can take a month to get you your shit, so I wouldn't freak out too badly guys.

Ravendark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm in the same boat, but what happens with the $ already paid? Credit or a paypal refund?
I asked for paypal refund... they say it can take up to 2 days for it... will see next week
you have the option to get a credit voucher for future use as well

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Paypal refunds can take up to a business week in my experience. Though I imagine they'd still refund you either way.

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
cancelled FT order, says up to 2 days for paypal, then I'll pick em up on the bay, same price w/free shipping

VU Sponsors