KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Folks,

I wonder how many times reviewers mention “W” or “Innovative airflow” whilst reviewing this product?...So just to be different: it’s the one that looks like it has two “V’s” placed next to each other, and has airflow that magically surrounds the coil(s) like a leprechaun’s fart.

In obligatory tradition - I kindly received the Geekvape Loop from HealthCabin.net. As always I don’t like to make recommendations in my reviews, instead I’ll present you with my findings to help bolster your research should you be interested in the product.

Specifications:
  • Visible Height: 34.3mm
  • Diameter: 24mm
  • Thread length 4.5mm
  • Drip Tip: Stock 810 is 18mm wide with a tapered bore 9mm up to 11.5mm, Spare 510 – tapered bore 6mm up to 11mm
  • Support a coil length of: 8.5mm (9.3mm max)
  • Support a coil width of: 9mm
  • Chamber Height 14.2mm
  • Chamber width: 20.9mm
  • Juice well depth. 7mm
  • Airflow Slots: 2 or 1 depending on configuration ( each is 7mm x 3mm)
  • Extras: 510 Drip Tips, Screws, 510 Adaptor, O-rings, Tool, Bottom feeding pin
Available Colours: Black, Stainless, Gold, Gunmetal

Product Info: https://www.healthcabin.net/geekvape-loop-rda-p/17597.html?cPath=1565_2790

Impressions, Build Quality & Assembly

It’s the usual fanfare from Geekvape, same box, same spares you get with every other product they release (see my extras specification overview) it just comes with a different picture card inside.

Moving onto the RDA itself it’s a 3 piece design encompassing a large 18mm 810 drip tip sitting at 8mm in height. I’d say the bore is a little larger than I typically like it, but it’s not bordering on the ridiculous and suits this RDA well (especially in a dual coil configuration). I would like to have seen them raise its height a couple more mm though because this RDA gets hot! The coils sit roughly 5mm from top of the chamber, as such you are going to experience sizzling bacon lips if you chain vape it and don’t rest your lips on top of the tip.

A831886D-54A6-4600-90AD-E5AB55E48066.jpeg
2C47F54C-3CC8-49A6-A7CC-5FD063DBE8F0.jpeg

You can of course just use the spare 510, but in my opinion it doesn’t really suit this RDA for either dual or single coils. The 510 is the same spare they use in every single pack. There’s no thought as to which products its suits and which it doesn’t (it’s very much a jack of all trades) and for me it’s just passable on this RDA. Don’t get me wrong; I’m not complaining here, at the end of the day you have a spare “just in case” and most companies don’t even bother offering a spare at all, so it’s certainly better than nothing. I just like seeing companies take that extra step with things that's all.

The top cap is a single piece. Located at the centre is the free turning Airflow Control (AFC) ring with the single “loop” logo. Being you can run this RDA in single or dual coil mode; the airflow slots move between two or a single opening. Each airflow slot measures H:7mm & W:3mm.

I have noticed whilst vaping this RDA that I’ll get condensation or juice excess under the AFC ring at which point it’s a pain to clean and makes the outside look a tad messy unless I regularly wipe it over. Additionally I found it a little lose to turn so they could have tightened it up just a tad, although to be fair, once you get juice under it its actually tightens itself up a bit anyway.

Inside the chamber is a shallow conical design which I think suits this RDA. As I mentioned earlier the coil(s) sit wide and high up when mounted. If they had of steepened the dome, it would have restricted coil options and positioning and also affected the unique airflow which I’ll come onto later.

D60EDC7A-EB4C-4238-A6D1-6096E9E0018D.jpeg

There are two small female cut outs which ensure the chamber sits in the correct position each time. There is no position marking as to how to orientate the chamber so there is a little bit of wiggling motion required every time you replace it. Thankfully it’s easy to centre drip and squonk on this RDA, so it’s not often required.

The deck …Well as I mentioned in my intro you’ll probably repeatedly hear reviewers use words like “unique, W, innovative, surround” that’s because like I’ve just done; they’ve taken it from the front of the box. It’s how it works that interest me because some of my testing returns results I wouldn’t have concluded to be correct, leading me to believe it’s not as simple as Geekvape show in their picture below.

9E692026-BD8A-43CC-B562-81F8B4FC586F.jpeg

If you see the pic below I reckon some of the air is directed underneath the positive post mount to the other side, which would you have thought would make it really choppy with air hitting each other from both sides, but it doesn’t? You do not want to put too much juice in this RDA (squonking or dripping) even with its 7mm juice well because if you fill up to the top of the bottom chamber you’ll notice its gargles; even though the coils and airflow sit higher, thus supporting the airflow flows underneath theory.

03B85CD8-431A-4006-A378-51C1EFCA3660.jpeg
597A8DA8-4E41-4D5A-8876-D4B46BD521BC.jpeg

So little refills and often is the way to go on the loop and I keep my wicks free of this central area as well.

In addition air is being directed up the slopes and I think it’s hitting the top of the opposite coil as well as the bottom of the one on its own side. I’ve observed that whether I have a single airflow open or both sides open using single or dual coil, it makes little difference to the flavour. Even running airflow on the completely opposite side to where the coil is situated; I still get similar flavour and vapour production which is pretty decent!

It’s definitely a unique system and those who like tinkering to get the most out of and RDA it’s time to get them slobbery tinkering chops at the ready. To get to this stage I had to try multiple positions including the one suggested by Geekvape (I tried all of these in single and dual configs)

“The Central Position” - I tried this lower in the well as well but felt it only served to muffle the flavour. At this height it seems to work pretty well for single coil as did raising it up a little bit.

D4478F5B-4AA7-409D-B8B3-3F221E9C9C73.jpeg

“The Geekvape Position” - this is a bang on match for how they position it in their pic. Flavour was ok and improvement over the central position but I felt it was still lacking slightly.

C849E22C-8FF9-498F-8350-7F2B6C848127.jpeg

“The Higher Notes Position” haha i jest, but its the best of both worlds and where I personally settled for optimum positioning. These coils are situated pretty close to the middle deck, but when you look top down on them there is at least 1mm more room underneath (look at my wicking pic further down). So air is squeezed under the coil one side and hits it at the top the other side. Combine that with all the jiggery pokery going on underneath and it really does make it a “surround airflow” RDA therefore is conclude Loop really is a suitable name for it.

3E703065-9185-4F5A-9030-71D0F612A248.jpeg

I have to admit at this juncture I never tried running a super single coil right over the top. It’s a position I’d still might try at some point (perhaps two angled stove tops?), but it’ll leave the coil really damn close to the chamber ceiling. So it might be problematic or extremely hot, especially with possible spitting from it and is the reason I left it for now.

In terms of quality: nothing too bad to report apart from a single nic in the paintwork inside the chamber. The two O-ring around the deck offered spot on resistance however I felt the one holding in the drip tip could have been slightly tighter.

The positive pin sits proud making it hybrid safe. Unfortunately it’s the adjustable two part pin I really can’t stand (be careful tightening this it’s prone to snapping)

1C8CABA9-4838-4BF6-8BBA-6466654964AA.jpeg

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Building and Wicking

I’ve already gone through positioning and I found that 3mm coils suit the Loop really well. All that’s left to say is the post screws are 8.5mm apart so you’ll get some nice builds in here (mine pictured are 9.3mm long)

2D369AD2-5F7B-4DFC-BA5C-33B03A5602B7.jpeg B3B62E09-075F-42D8-9F93-B5895860C521.jpeg

I find treating this deck like a postless deck is the best way. I rest my coil on top of the middle pillar and snip the lead in line with the bottom of the “V” (roughly centre of the screw).

2D5DB327-F007-40EA-A48E-83B476469BA5.jpeg

The screws are usual Geekvape top notch quality. Flat heads are my favourite type of post screw personally, which this one offers (including the spares). Unfortunately you will have to twist your coil legs to get them mounted up. I find it easier to do all this before I’m trying to mount the coil.

When you insert the coil, keep the screwdriver or jig inserted and hold the coil close the deck whilst tightening everything down.

Now position as you see fit (see my notes in the above section)

When it comes to wicking, I leave a fair amount of tail since the coil(s) sit a fair distance from the well. I angle cut the wicks to make sure they sit inside the channels nicely without too much resistance. I place the cotton so it just touches the bottom of the well ensuring I keep the middle area clear of cotton to let the airflow do its thing.

4AD07E4F-E1E4-4727-BEEA-6A69583A5FF6.jpeg
3EC2E381-2A5A-4736-A583-51B0D66A0AE9.jpeg

How’s it Vape?

Once dialled in the Loop offers a great vape, there’s plenty of clouds and flavour but it does get hot when chain vaping (especially using big coils like I’m running). I don’t think the Loop is quite rubbing shoulders with the top flavoured dual coil RDA’s; but it’s definitely not just an average RDA either. I think it would be fair to say it sits somewhere between the two camps nicely.

The draw is pretty smooth overall but its very coil position dependant as to whether you’ll detect a little bit of turbulence or not. There are no annoying whistles throughout the range.

The airflow caters from very airy down to very tight. For any high wattage vapers out there, the good news is flavour still comes through nicely wide open. For vapers like me who like the restricted draw: a single port opened fully, or both opened a third is where I enjoy it.

Single coil is possible but dual coils is where it’s at for me. I was fairly satisfied with the vape using simple round wire although flavour did bump up noticeably once I tried fused Clapton’s and above.

I found the raised squonking pin struggles to allow air to enter and kick back the bottle. The hole is situated right at the top of the bottom assembly, so it’s either too narrow inside or the hole is getting obstructed slightly while juice is pooling.

D579B344-0151-417A-B89A-94DA73D61F73.jpeg

Dripping is very easy although don’t just dump it in or you’re going to have a problem. With the centre post angled juice drains down both sides and into the middle very easily, out of the two ways to vape this RDA I’d say it’s actually happier when dripping.

Pro’s
  • Unique airflow system
  • Great flavour and clouds
  • Nice draw
  • Decent machining overall
  • Bottom feeding or Dripper
  • Comes with 810 or 510
  • Geekvape post screws
  • Hybrid safe
  • Mounting was easy (just hate twisting my leads)
  • Easy Wicking
  • O-ring were spot on around the base
  • Suited for tinkerers
Cons
  • Gets hot chain vaping
  • The airflow ring turns too freely
  • Drip tips a little lose
  • Can be difficult to get in and clean everywhere (expect juice under the AFC ring)
  • Have to twist coil leads
  • Prone to flooding, careful with over dripping or squonking (little and often is needed)
Final Conclusion

I came into this review thinking this is going to be a snore worthy RDA, but it turned out I really enjoyed tinkering to get the most from it. Thankfully mounting wasn’t a chore so swapping out coils in testing was easy. Overall I think it’s got a lot more going for it than against it and being it can handle some pretty large coils it’s suitable for those times I fancy a nice big lung hit, although I’ll probably run my own taller 810 going forward.

9F95A829-1431-40C1-9DDF-60C017DD6FF8.jpeg
CB0FCACD-98A3-4916-84EB-222EC6F4726E.jpeg

Thanks for taking to time to read my review. I hope this information serves you well, until next time KingPin!

Last edited:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, two things.

1) clearly this rda is an ode to George Dubya Bush

2) the coil position is an ode to all those "high note" flayva chaysa's

Yuk Yuk Yuk :teehee:

Nice work finding the best position for the coils kingpin and we'll done on the review. This is a great read for those who have this rda and strive to get the most out of it.

I gotta give Geekvape credit for trying to be innovative with their design. The rda looks pretty cool.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Enjoyed the read KingPin. Think I'm going to keep it on my list. Once I find a build I like in an rda I tend to stick with it so the fiddle factor would be fairly small after a few builds. Luckily thanks to a kind soul I have a taller dt that might be just right for the Loop. Thanks for your time.:hug:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
OK, two things.

1) clearly this rda is an ode to George Dubya Bush

2) the coil position is an ode to all those "high note" flayva chaysa's

Yuk Yuk Yuk :teehee:

Nice work finding the best position for the coils kingpin and we'll done on the review. This is a great read for those who have this rda and strive to get the most out of it.

I gotta give Geekvape credit for trying to be innovative with their design. The rda looks pretty cool.

Haha ....dammit, that punch line is better than mine! ....I agree it’s fresh, different and actually works, probably why it was a surprise “I’m enjoying this”

Thank you for the feedback matey I appreciate that immensely

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Enjoyed the read KingPin. Think I'm going to keep it on my list. Once I find a build I like in an rda I tend to stick with it so the fiddle factor would be fairly small after a few builds. Luckily thanks to a kind soul I have a taller dt that might be just right for the Loop. Thanks for your time.:hug:

Thank you very much Letitia :blowkiss:

That’s very true around builds and positioning, what works for me might require tweaking for others. I’m a firm believer in multiple ways to skin a cat (figuratively speaking), in fact love seeing what others come up with as well to optimise things

The best way is when we all bounce ideas off each other :hug:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Good review, KP....definitely a nice looking deck tho
Nice Review.
I enjoyed the read as well.:)

Thank you very much kind Sirs :vino:

It is interesting for sure inspects- it does require a twisting on the coil leads beforehand which some struggle to get on with.

Out of interest what was everyone doing when velocity posts were what we had before the clamps came in? Twisting leads doesn’t bother me really although if they can avoid it they should ...this deck design would be difficult to avoid twisting so I’m happy to accept it (mind you I still listed it as a con lol - oh well it’s published now)

VU Sponsors