GeekVape rules?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
so far I've found amongst you all that Geek Vape attys are pretty much the best you can get I'm thinking of getting

Ammit - for single coil RTA (+1 vote)
Griffin 25 plus - Dual coil builds RTA (+2 vote)
Avocado 24 - RDTA (+1 vote)

Is there anything DL that tops these Flavour wise? Ignoring RDA here got Hadaly reserved for that already I'll update this post as we go

Edit: Votes for better alternatives

RTA Single (White bone Mini wins!)
Merlin Mini
White Bone Mini (+2 votes)
Bachelor Nano
Alpha One
IJOY Exo -single coil build

RTA dual (Boreas wins I'll be getting this instead of the griffin!)
Boreas (+ 5 votes)
Aromamizer Supreme (+2 votes)
Fumytech Navigator
Sense Herakles RTA2
Smok TF-RTA G2 (+2 votes)
Billow V3
Vaporesso Gemini
OBS Crius Plus (+2 votes)

RDTA (Bombertech Pindad wins)
VGod trick tank Pro (ruled out poor refilling)
Bombertech Pindad
IJOY combo (+3 votes)
Azeroth (ruled out poor refilling)
Smokjoy Demon Hunter (ruled out sounds awful on the draw... whislting!)
Smok TF-RDTA

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oumier White Bone Mini is my favorite single coil. Merlin Mini is a really close 2nd.

Aromamizer Supreme and the Augvape Boreas are my favorite dual coil tanks. They're actually really too close to call.

Bombertech Pindad is my favorite RDTA hands down. Flavor on it is head and shoulders above the rest and if you want you can squonk with it.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so far I've found amongst you all that Geek Vape attys are pretty much the best you can get I'm thinking of getting

Ammit - for single coil RTA
Griffin 25 plus - Dual coil builds RTA
Avocado 24 - RDTA

Is there anything MLT that tops these Flavour wise? Ignoring RDA here got Hadaly reserved for that already
IMO Geekvape is alright, nothing especially spectacular but alright.

Ammit - pretty good but IMO both the Bachelor Nano and Merlin Mini are much better
Griffin - Good RTA but for 25mm RTA's the Boreas still reigns as King
Avocado 24 - Good RDTA but I myself prefer the VGod Trick Tank Pro, even the Clone of it is better than the Avocado.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
IMO Geekvape is alright, nothing especially spectacular but alright.

Ammit - pretty good but IMO both the Bachelor Nano and Merlin Mini are much better
Griffin - Good RTA but for 25mm RTA's the Boreas still reigns as King
Avocado 24 - Good RDTA but I myself prefer the VGod Trick Tank Pro, even the Clone of it is better than the Avocado.

Can you use mesh in that VGod trick tank rossco? Heard it's fiddly to use in the avocado and if I'm gonna get a genesis I really want to go back to old school with it

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you use mesh in that VGod trick tank rossco? Heard it's fiddly to use in the avocado and if I'm gonna get a genesis I really want to go back to old school with it
I don't use Mesh but don't see why it wouldn't work. It actually works really well with cotton, I don't run it down to the bottom of the Tank. I only run the cotton down to the bottom of the base/top of the glass. But if you want to run Mesh I really don't see why it wouldn't work.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Well so far so good lol

Heard the merlin is prone to leaking hence why I put ammit above it.... I like flavour but not when I get juice everywhere is this right or just a poor wicking problem?

Gonna go with most votes on this thread, I'm not particularly precious to absolutely get a geek vape just heard their attys banded about loads

...Boreas have heard really good things on that atty

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wasn't impressed with the Ammit.
Did not care for the Griffin 25 Plus
Avocado 24 was ok

Prefer the following over all three:
Ijoy Combo
Limitless RDTA
Sense Herakles RTA 2
Smok TF-RDTA
Smok RTA
Smokjoy Demon Hunter

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well so far so good lol

Heard the merlin is prone to leaking hence why I put ammit above it.... I like flavour but not when I get juice everywhere is this right or just a poor wicking problem?

Gonna go with most votes on this thread, I'm not particularly precious to absolutely get a geek vape just heard their attys banded about loads

...Boreas have heard really good things on that atty
I heard the Merlin has had issues but I've been vaping in the Mini for a few weeks now and no issues what so ever with leaking. Flavor though is killer along with just ease of use. I don't even need to close off the AFC when filling.

Boreas, yes it's a wonderful RTA and it's my favorite for =< 25mm tanks.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Wasn't impressed with the Ammit.
Did not care for the Griffin 25 Plus
Avocado 24 was ok

Prefer the following over all three:
Ijoy Combo
Limitless RDTA
Sense Herakles RTA 2
Smok TF-RDTA
Smok RTA
Smokjoy Demon Hunter
If you had a fav in each category which would you choose buddy?

It basically depends on how experienced the user is as far as building/wicking.. I have been using GeekVape products since they started and have nothing negative to say about the brand. I have been using the Gen 1 Griffin 25 top airflow for quite some time and the Tsunami Plus (modded) and to this date I have only found a few tanks that can come close to these when it comes to flavor production and craftsmanship.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
It basically depends on how experienced the user is as far as building/wicking.. I have been using GeekVape products since they started and have nothing negative to say about the brand. I have been using the Gen 1 Griffin 25 top airflow for quite some time and the Tsunami Plus (modded) and to this date I have only found a few tanks that can come close to these when it comes to flavor production and craftsmanship.

So you are a vote for team geek across the board buddy?

The G 25 is my favorite as far as dual coil and tank size, when it comes to dripper's I use the Digiflavor Pharaoh RDA 25 or the Tsunami. In the end it's all about user preference, you can't go wrong with any of the options mentioned in this thread.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just went from the Griffin 22 to the Boreas. Never looking back. The Boreas is the best I've had. I'm going to grab a few more just to have on reserve when I do my big tax return spree. Some have had problems with leaking but I just bottom fill and done. Haven't had a single drop leak yet.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Ammit - for single coil RTA
Griffin 25 plus - Dual coil builds RTA (+1 vote)
Avocado 24 - RDTA

Is there anything MLT that tops these Flavour wise? Ignoring RDA here got Hadaly reserved for that already I'll update this post as we go

Edit: Votes for better alternatives

RTA Single
Merlin Mini
White Bone Mini
Bachelor Nano

RTA dual
Boreas x3
Aromamizer Supreme

RDTA
VGod trick tank Pro
Bombertech Pindad
IDK if I'd say the best but i do love geekvape. they provide good performing tanks with good quality at reasonable prices.

as far as other really good tanks go

RTA SIngle
Alpha one

RTA Dual
Boreas
Aromamizer Supreme
Fumytech Navigator (but pricey)

RDTA
Azeroth
Ijoy Combo

RTA dual and single
Ijoy EXO RTA (I've only used single coil but so far I'm impressed with everything about this atty)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just went from the Griffin 22 to the Boreas. Never looking back. The Boreas is the best I've had. I'm going to grab a few more just to have on reserve when I do my big tax return spree. Some have had problems with leaking but I just bottom fill and done. Haven't had a single drop leak yet.
@Deucesjack gave me this little tip and it works great when filling
close JFC
fill up
put cap on almost all the way on
turn upside down
open JFC
put cap on rest of way
close JFC
turn back regular side up
Open JFC

takes like 10 seconds and never leaks on me

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Deucesjack gave me this little tip and it works great when filling
close JFC
fill up
put cap on almost all the way on
turn upside down
open JFC
put cap on rest of way
close JFC
turn back regular side up
Open JFC

takes like 10 seconds and never leaks on me
The Boreas Burp. Works every time.

-William Cowper

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll try this next time I fill. With the 8 ml tank I only fill two, maybe three times a day so the bottom fill hasn't bugged me.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So far for a single coil tank the White Bone mini is the king in my book...Im struggling to find the other single coil tanks to compare to it of which include the Ammit and the Wotofo serpent mini..The Kayfun 5 I got is a dream of a lower wattage tank..flavor is very good and I never thought I could enjoy a 17watt vape again but I am.

So far for me on dual coil tanks The Billow V3 Plus and the Vaporesso Gemini tanks in 22 or 25mm im very impressed with and the TF RTA G2 i just got, im liking as well.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks peeps really helpful so far just need few more votes

Looks like boreas is a winner to me for dual coil

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i really like the geekvape stuff for the price and quality, but i find that each of my geekvape atomizers ends up replaced by something better. ill throw another vote for boreas in there for sure. it replaced my griffin 25 from day one (though i do bring the griff out occasionally too, and its not much 'worse' than the boreas, i just dont like as much, and the paint on the cap pretty much came off just from refilling a few times which kinda looks rough). the combo rta replaced the avocado 24. the sapor and petri tanks put the griffin 22 into third place. the tsunami is all but vanished in the shadow of a mountain of new rdas, but thats not as much a testament to the tsunami, but the amount of shit i buy...

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
@PhantomOp be interested to know what you think buddy

Crap and at everyone else I said MTL i prefer DL hope that doesn't change anything (edited first post)

Last edited:

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Griffin 25s have an incredibly smoother draw than my Aromamizer supremes or my Boreas, they all get used daily but the Griffin 25 is hands down the better tank. I love my Avocados for house tanks, great flavor and vapor but they dont hold much juice and get hot as hell, the Tsunamis are good rdas, nothing bad to say about them but nothing amazing about them either. I would rank Geek vape products first, steam crave second, and Augvape an incredibly overrated third. I would actually vote for the Crius plus over the Aromamizer supreme or the Boreas

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@PhantomOp be interested to know what you think buddy
Crap and at everyone else I said MTL i prefer DL hope that doesn't change anything (edited first post)

Can't say that I have much input on GeekVape vs other manufacturers.
My first experience was with the GeekVape Griffin 25 (non-plus) and traded it off because
1) I was a very green to RTA / wicking methods
2) That bitch hated me and would constantly piss all over me.
I've been reading about the Griffin 25 Plus and everyone loving it. I may end up getting it just to check it out and see if I get pissed on again.
My second experience was the Ammit 22mm RTA, and I love that tank. My only issue with it is the bubbles don't always move out of the damn way and it can "vapor lock". Give it a little role and they eventually move. I use my Ammit all day / every day currently.

My other RTA's currently are the
  • Herakles RTA-2 (tends to piss all over and not very good flavor no matter how I build the coils)
  • OBS Crius Plus (just now starting to take time learning it's ins/outs - so far so good)
  • Augvape Merlin Mini (nice little RTA, give really good flavor, juice res is to small for me, unless I'm flavor testing juices, this its perfect)
  • iJoy Limitless RDTA (just haven't been to excited about the flavor output of it. Could do more tinkering on it but just not into it that much)
  • I have a few more RBA MTL style tanks, but not worth mentioning.

I have two new RTA's on the slow boat from China ... anxious to get a hold of them a use them.
  • OBS ENGINE
  • OBS ENGINE mini
and just started getting into squonking, so have a few atty's enroute as well.

Edit / Update:
I just went and rebuilt the Herakles RTA-2 with a dual Fused Clapton (x2 28g SS/36g SS) [.15ohm] and wicked it exactly like I did in my review. Running it at 80w with a 100w 1s ramp up on my RX200S. This is probably the best vape I've gotten out of this RTA.
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-product-review-and-wicking-technique.300524/

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Is the merlin mini as tight to draw on as the TFV4 Mini? Because I can't stand the draw on that don't get enough quickly I take pretty deep inhales DL style

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Is the merlin mini as tight to draw on as the TFV4 Mini? Because I can't stand the draw on that don't get enough quickly I take pretty deep inhales

Boreas for DL all the way, all day

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is the merlin as tight to draw on as the TFV4 Mini? Because I can't stand the draw on that don't get enough quickly I take pretty deep inhales
I pulled the air restriction pin out of the single coil deck. I can't compare to the TFV4 Mini as I don't / haven't used one.
Both coil decks seem to give off more airflow than the Ammit does, but nothing like the TFV8 Big Baby Beast. He has really good airflow with the RBA coil. He feels like a jet engine blowing heat straight into your mouth. :giggle:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
For flavor or cloud? I'm into Flavor. It looks like it would be good flavor RTA with that long stack on it.

It chucks both hard core

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'm sold on the boreas that's the dual coil tank I'll be getting!

Just need to finalise the single coil RTA and RDTA choice ...See I'm used to the beast tank and it's epic draw ....don't think much of its rebuilable deck though to be honest flavour comes through nice but it's wicking wells are not forgiving way to many dry hits or piss out everywhere leaking for my liking ok this is user error on my part but still...yeah I did follow your guide phantom and many others lol couldnt use power mode in the end just tastes burnt had to use temp control which was "just ok" on the H-Priv

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm sold on the boreas that's the dual coil tank I'll be getting!

Just need to finalise the single coil RTA and RDTA choice ...See I'm used to the beast tank and it's epic draw ....don't think much of its rebuilable deck though to be honest flavour comes through nice but it's wicking wells are not forgiving way to many dry hits or piss out everywhere leaking for my liking ok this is user error on my part but still
Alpha one is only 10 bucks on vaporworld.biz and is a great single coil. That plus anything Deucesjack recommends for sure.

Boreas is a great option for an RTA very impressive and less then 20 bucks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Probably going to go with the White bone Mini or Merlin Mini for single coil seen many good reviews on both of these since posting this so it's between these two for single coil for me

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
WHITE BONE! WHITE BONE! WHITE BONE! WHITE BONE! WHITE BONE! WHITE BONE!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ok here it is made my choices guys ....first thanks everyone for you valuable input ...rest assured I went and looked up each and every one of your suggested tanks ....turns out I haven't picked a single geekvape product! :D (If it's any consolation I do have the 521 ohm reader and diy master kit V2 which I like sorry geekvape)

Onto the winners

Single coil: White Bone Mini - I'm intrigued by this tank I must say it has many unique features not seen before... if I get on with single coils I'll get the Merlin as well at some point

Dual coils: Boreas, overwhelming support not just on this thread but elsewhere as well, I'd be stupid not to at least give it a go you can't all be wrong....?

RDTA: now I've gone against popular choice here and chosen the Pindad...I hate two things on it though... the tank is plastic and the chuff cap is shocking those aside I like the refill method and the fact it can squonk = awesomesauce which negates the tiny tank...I might even be able to use my TFV4 Mini 2ml glass to replace it I'll try :)
I seriously considered the IJOY combo but 2 things put me off ...refilling and having to move cotton out of the way..the post decks look really tight
The TF-RDTA also looks really interesting but I want a genesis style tank, and heard it wobbles where the tank glass meets the control ring

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ok here it is made my choices guys ....first thanks everyone for you valuable input ...rest assured I went and looked up each and every one of your suggested tanks ....turns out I haven't picked a single geekvape product! :D (If it's any consolation I do have the 521 ohm reader and diy master kit V2 which I like sorry geekvape)

Onto the winners

Single coil: White Bone Mini - I'm intrigued by this tank I must say it has many unique features not seen before... if I get on with single coils I'll get the Merlin as well at some point

Dual coils: Boreas, overwhelming support not just on this thread but elsewhere as well, I'd be stupid not to at least give it a go you can't all be wrong....?

RDTA: now I've gone against popular choice here and chosen the Pindad...I hate two things on it though... the tank is plastic and the chuff cap is shocking those aside I like the refill method and the fact it can squonk = awesomesauce which negates the tiny tank...I might even be able to use my TFV4 Mini 2ml glass to replace it I'll try :)
I seriously considered the IJOY combo but 2 things put me off ...refilling and having to move cotton out of the way..the post decks look really tight
The TF-RDTA also looks really interesting but I want a genesis style tank, and heard it wobbles where the tank glass meets the control ring
Great choice on the boreas for sure.
As far as the white bone and pindad go I don't have them personally but I trust Jack's judgement for sure so I'm sure they will be good to you ;)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Bloody typical can't get hold of the boreas or pindad in the uk all sold out :( shipping from the states costs a just as much as the tank does as well!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That sucks..I just purchased a Boreas from Eciggity for $19.99 and used a 10% off code..see what shipping from them would cost.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Bloody typical can't get hold of the boreas or pindad in the uk all sold out :( shipping from the states costs a just as much as the tank does as well!
No luck on ebay?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Geekvape kinda just recycles other companies ideas....if you take the best ideas from other companies you cant really go wrong.
feel Augvape has created many original products and there really hasn't been a single product they've made that hasn't impressive the community. The Merlin series have definitely taken the vaping community by whole....their Merlin RDTA should grab the attention of many others that wanted something more.

77702987b85785fb88ce9b1e9e3346e3.jpg
5e0dfaa2d835855af93bf3978a57b7be.jpg

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are overlooking the Mage GTA not the RTA ... it's the new one and it is fantastic. Best yet at the price. If you have the money though ... Hurroicane JR. for single coil and Sherman for dual coil.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That sucks..I just purchased a Boreas from Eciggity for $19.99 and used a 10% off code..see what shipping from them would cost.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. At twenty bucks, If the shipping isn't too terrible and you need it yesterday it may be worth it. Take what I say with a grain of salt though... I'm a Boreas fanboy. I just received mine Thursday, can't put it down.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Onto the winners

All great pics that won't dissapoint. If you can't get the Pindad take a look at the Cthulhu Gaia. I don't have one but it looks like a 25mm version of the Pindad. Also, if you're looking for clouds and flavor the Merlin RDTA is a winner. I've been beta testing it for weeks. Should be out soon.
89e40e706cfc6080bf4b9d8fe427a1c7.jpg
ad6000b4cb444e1db076fd3f8912302f.jpg
59964cf1d1f59bba8d2ae494caf86b27.jpg

-William Cowper

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Do I see a squonk pin there in that bottom pick @Deucesjack ? Is is comparable flavour wise to the pindad as well?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

I'll take a butchers at it over this side of the pond boreas costs £27 quid about 32 bucks so if I can get it shipped for that as well jobs a gooden

@Mike H. what was the code you used might just get myself a coppervape BF mod while I'm at it!

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
You are overlooking the Mage GTA not the RTA ... it's the new one and it is fantastic. Best yet at the price. If you have the money though ... Hurroicane JR. for single coil and Sherman for dual coil.
I'll look into these today :) but landed on my choices I think

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I ordered the Cthulhu Gaia RDTA @Deucesjack ...half price sale ends today Direct from them £14! worth a punt at that price shipping and taxes came to £4.50 total £19

Has bottom and/or side airflow options on it otherwise it's pretty much the same as the pindad as you say...like the fact the tank is glass

Only downside is they only offer stainless steel at the moment and I do love a black tank....

Man I'm well excited and I can use it for squonking which I'm gonna get into shortly woohoo

VU Sponsors