Become a Patron!

Geekvape Tsunami 24

Coolloser

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After completely geeking (haha, get it?) out over my Geekvape Griffin 25, I had to see what other products they make. (Damn you Heaven Gifts for making me want all the Geeky things on your site!) I'm not sold on the bottom feed/genny-style tanks yet but drippers on the other hand are great when I'm having an indecisive juice day. I own a COV Royal Hunter and it's great but the 4-post deck is kind of a pain and the side airflow loves to leak if I wick wrong.
The Tsunami 24 looked like a great step up with Velocity Style deck and Kennedy Style bottom airflow.

#What's in the box?!
-The deck.
-The topcap with 3 airflow slots.
-Extra orings.
-Three dripttips: 1 wide delrin, 1 tapered delrin, 1 SS 510.
-510 Adapter.
-Squonk pin!
-Orange Screwdriver.

#The Nitty Gritty.

**Building**
Holy crap, rebuilding on this thing is ridiculously easy. I've had "velocity style" decks in tanks before but this is so much better. I can easily build quad coils, something I've never even attempted before this RDA. (Sorry for no pics, I scrapped them quick as it was too hot for me).
Wicking is a bit of a pain as you have to contend with the bottom airflow barrel things. I've found that splitting the tails in two helps put things to the bottom of the well a lot easier.
The topcap has three airholes allowing for single or multiple coil builds. I haven't done single in it and likely won't, it's too awesome not to run dual coils in this thing! It makes placing the topcap a bit of a pain because I often line up the single one by mistake and have to redo it.

**Airflow**
This is my first anything with bottom airflow and I'm really enjoying it. I don't know if it's the height of the top cap or the bottom airflow but I'm able to push the wattage on the Tsunami higher than usual and still have a satisfying, cool vape. At first I found it being wide open was too much air but once I turned the wattage up, I was in flavour town with dense clouds yo!
I closed the airflow of for my sister to try mouth to lung and while it was okay, it wasn't as satisfying as her tanks. Obviously this is for lung hitters!

**Flavour**
The flavours of juice really pop on the Tsunami compared to my Royal Hunter, even when running the same builds. It doesn't get hot so I can chain vape with ease and switch flavours super fast without having to wait for cooldown. The taste is richer than my Griffin (expected as it is a tank after all) and miles ahead of my Royal Hunter. I didn't know what I was missing.

**Portability**
I don't tend to bring drippers out of the house because of potential mess but if you are just painting the coils, this thing won't leak. However, if I fill the 2.5ml juice well, it doesn't last long. This is a thirsty beast! The topcap provides a tight seal but the airflow will allow leaking if it's tipped or your wick is touching walls. I can drip down the centre, just taking the driptip off, with little issue. This is nice because sometimes the topcap is a pain to get off, especially when there is juice anywhere to slick things up.

**Aesthetics**
This thing is so pretty. I love how sleek it looks on all my mods and find myself staring at it longingly.... Okay, I'm not *that* in line with it but I think it's sharp. :p
Sometimes the juice will "sweat" out of the airholes after a session, not from leaking but condensation buildup, this of course detracts from its appeal. I wish a company would release a universal condensation ring like the one in the UD Simba.

#In Conclusion.
I retired my old dripper for this awesomeness and find myself wanting the silver 22mm version for my stealth mod. I wish I could put just the deck in all my tanks!

Website: http://www.heavengifts.com/GeekVape-Tsunami-24-RDA-Steel.html

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/e7ySe

VU Sponsors