Become a Patron!

Genuine DNA 40 or SX350J ??!!

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes I have the mini w/ rba. Slowtech is where I ordered them from... :)

Try a 7 wrap, spaced 30 gauge ni200 on a 3mm rod. It should come to about .15 ohms and Ive found that build is just awesome and hits the same every time on the subtank mini rba.

I have a video reviewing the ni occ heads and make that build on the rba in it. If you care to watch, heres the link: the build is around the 9 min mark

vapinclouds

Member For 4 Years
Try a 7 wrap, spaced 30 gauge ni200 on a 3mm rod. It should come to about .15 ohms and Ive found that build is just awesome and hits the same every time on the subtank mini rba.

I have a video reviewing the ni occ heads and make that build on the rba in it. If you care to watch, heres the link: the build is around the 9 min mark
Cool. Thanks.

vapinclouds

Member For 4 Years

Good video! My wife thinks you sound like Leonard from Big Bang Theory. LOL. We both think you seem real and not like your posing for the camera.

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was going to jump right on the SXmini bandwagon but the pulse width modulation in temp limiting puts me off.
Then there's the fact it eats 18650's and has an easily damaged finish.

Definitely unsure about getting it now.
at 20:00 minutes in he says "there is no pulse width modulation at all in the device" "nor does it use it for step down either"...
it does seem to go through batteries a bit more when using nickel and temp limiting than in wattage mode...
cant speak personally for an easily damaged finish, but, i do see people wearing rings scuffing the finish where the ring rubs the mod...
the device isnt perfect, my girlfriend isnt a perfect human being either...but they are both keepers

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good video! My wife thinks you sound like Leonard from Big Bang Theory. LOL. We both think you seem real and not like your posing for the camera.
Thank you. I'm just a guy who started vaping years ago and started uploading videos to help people. When I started, there wasn't much out there except store cigalikes.

For a couple years I did all the demo videos for smokeless image, which sells 808 devices. They gave me a few products when I would make videos for demo on their website, but 99% of my stuff, I purchased. I'm not sponsored by anyone, nor am I an affiliate with anyone except smokeless image. Doing it that way keeps me unbiased. I struggled to learn at the beginning especially when the options were mostly v2, blue cigs and joy

I still stand by the fact that cigalikes are good for the first time vaper trying to quit cigs. They make for the easiest transition and are inexpensive. If you would have handed me a provari, hanamodz or mech along with a dripper or rba, I would have never quit. We have to keep things simple and let people explore.

If I can at all help someone not have the failures I did when starting, I feel like I've accomplished something

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
at 20:00 minutes in he says "there is no pulse width modulation at all in the device" "nor does it use it for step down either"...
it does seem to go through batteries a bit more when using nickel and temp limiting than in wattage mode...
cant speak personally for an easily damaged finish, but, i do see people wearing rings scuffing the finish where the ring rubs the mod...
the device isnt perfect, my girlfriend isnt a perfect human being either...but they are both keepers

I seem to get a little less in battery than the dna40, but not enough to skip the device. Its not like the battery life is cut half. It's has a lot of good features and that's on top of the fact that it gives you 20 more watts in power mode. And that's from someone who never vapes over 25 watts.

As for finish, all devices can have issues. The rdna40 has the rubber finish. Attys rub a ring into on the top and I've seen lots of them where it's worn off on the corners. The Hana, as pretty as it is, scratches easy. I dropped mine in the car and it hit a screwdriver and now there's a chip in the anodization on the bottom. Even my 3 provaris have scratches on them.

If finish is a big concern for someone, they can always get a jwrap

vapinclouds

Member For 4 Years
Thank you. I'm just a guy who started vaping years ago and started uploading videos to help people. When I started, there wasn't much out there except store cigalikes.

For a couple years I did all the demo videos for smokeless image, which sells 808 devices. They gave me a few products when I would make videos for demo on their website, but 99% of my stuff, I purchased. I'm not sponsored by anyone, nor am I an affiliate with anyone except smokeless image. Doing it that way keeps me unbiased. I struggled to learn at the beginning especially when the options were mostly v2, blue cigs and joy

I still stand by the fact that cigalikes are good for the first time vaper trying to quit cigs. They make for the easiest transition and are inexpensive. If you would have handed me a provari, hanamodz or mech along with a dripper or rba, I would have never quit. We have to keep things simple and let people explore.

If I can at all help someone not have the failures I did when starting, I feel like I've accomplished something

Yeah, I started vaping in 2010. I remember when Joye brought out the ego. At the time it seemed like such an advancement. Really though they still hadn't scratched the surface at that point. It took me until 2012 until I fully gave up cigarettes and I think it is mostly due to the fact that better devices and atomizers kept coming out. I quit vaping completely for a little while during that 2 years and I'm so glad I gave it another chance. Quitting smoking is one of the best decisions I've ever made. My wife vapes too and is two years smoke free next month. I've converted a handful of smokers at this point and every one of them has come back and sincerely thanked me for helping to change their lives. It just happened the other day and man what a great feeling!
On a side note I met the owner of Altsmoke/Smokeless Image at his store in New Philadelphia, OH. Seemed like a very cool guy. I've always liked altsmoke's website.
Sorry to hijack this thread...

vapinclouds

Member For 4 Years

Just built a 7 wrap, 30awg on a 3mm machine screw. It came out at .15 and is vaping GREAT on my Mini. Thanks again. I also ordered some TEMPERED ni200 last night from stealthvape in the UK. It was pretty expensive. Hopefully it's worth it.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just built a 7 wrap, 30awg on a 3mm machine screw. It came out at .15 and is vaping GREAT on my Mini. Thanks again. I also ordered some TEMPERED ni200 last night from stealthvape in the UK. It was pretty expensive. Hopefully it's worth it.
It will be dude, that's all I've been using for the past month or so. Its as easy as kanthal to use, you just wanna wipe it with an alcohol swab or something similar to remove machine oil, and don't dry burn the tempered ni200, otherwise it'll get soft again on you. Outside of that its terrific!

vapinclouds

Member For 4 Years
It will be dude, that's all I've been using for the past month or so. Its as easy as kanthal to use, you just wanna wipe it with an alcohol swab or something similar to remove machine oil, and don't dry burn the tempered ni200, otherwise it'll get soft again on you. Outside of that its terrific!
Good deal!

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I need to try that. I've been spinning my ni in a drill to straighten it. Makes it a little stiffer, but I don't know how it compares to tempered

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Just received my nickel Atlantis coils for my SX M. It's soaking on juice now. Pretty excited to put this one to the temp test. Hopefully flavor will be improved

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just received my nickel Atlantis coils for my SX M. It's soaking on juice now. Pretty excited to put this one to the temp test. Hopefully flavor will be improved

Start at 22 Joules and 450 Degrees and adjust from there. I have mine set for 26 Joules 485 Degrees and it kicks butt.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Right now I got her at 26j and at 400 degrees and slowing bring up the temp to work that nasty cotton taste out lolol. How is your flavor compared to the kanthan original coils. Mine always sucked so I'm hoping the nickel will be better

HRP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone here having problems with nickel coil turning black-ish?? I'm running it on my clone dna 40 550* (twisted 28g) and the coil about an hour of vaping, it starts turning into black like kanthal after a while. Not sure it's because of my juice or something else but just wonder is it still safe to vape? BTW the cotton isn't burn 1 bit, no dry hit whatsoever

Last edited:

vapinclouds

Member For 4 Years
Anyone here having problems with nickel coil turning black-ish?? I'm running it on my clone dna 40 550* (twisted 28g) and the coil about an hour of vaping, it starts turning into black like kanthal after a while. Not sure it's because of my juice or something else but just wonder is it still safe to vape? BTW the cotton isn't burn 1 bit, no dry hit whatsoever
i've noticed it too when changing coils...

HRP

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just a little concern about all the toxic gas and stuff with nickel wire from what I've read.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Seeing a bit of chatter about PWM Pulse Width Modulation and Pbusardo's review so figured I'd comment. First he corrected himself on his Post-Review followup on Tasteyourjuice.com that it was not PWM. Second I'm not sure it's understood that any and all temperature limiting devices on the market currently "DNA 40" also has a signal modulation when limiting the power to maintain a temperature limit. You can see this on his chart comparisons that he used of the two. So the easy explanation is when temp is getting too hot the power is turned off to the coil for a split second until it needs to be heated more at which point power is turned back on and this happens several times a second. This is a modulating signal and occurs on both the SXmini M and the DNA 40. Although the signal is different it is doing the same thing just differently. IMO it looks like the SXmini M modulates at 20mS and the DNA 40 at 40mS which would make the SX switch twice as fast and less noticeable to our human ears. But in the end they're all modulating in one way or form to regulate the power in temperature limiting.

VU Sponsors