Become a Patron!

Glad I stumbled on VAPING UNDERGROUND!

Well, this Forum is a breath of fresh air! My name is Lili, I'm middle aged but age shouldn't matter in my quite sane opinion. I started vaping at the begininning of 2010 and in "vape years, that was along time ago" :) My daughter was in the hospital after having my second grand daughter and she showed me one of those vapor sticks which looked like a cigarette and glowed red at the end. Her mother-in-law had given it to her so she wouldn't have to go all the way downstairs to smoke outside since she had a C-section and was in a world of hurt as it was. It got my daughter through thru her hospital stay and got me searching the web for this awesome new way to get my nicotine without all of the awful things that I hated about cigarettes. Back then finding e-cigs wasn't as easy as it is now. I found this thing that looked like a cigarette pack. It had 1 e-cig stick, a screw on charger and 5 filter looking things which claimed it would last as long as a carton of cigarettes... what a naïve dumb ass I was. It wouldn't hold a charge for more than a few minutes and each cartridge had about 5 drags worth of juice in it. I was soooo mad that I really started researching. I did find what I was looking for and within a really short amount of time was completely off cigs, making my own juices and constantly looking for the next best piece of equipment (within my budget). I was probably the fastest person to go from an EGO type battery to a mod after about 3 months vaping when I bought a SILVER BULLET! Anyone who's been vaping for awhile now knows just what I mean. And here I am now learning the basics of electronics in order to buy batteries and equipment safely when doing my own atomizer builds. I love it like many of you and yes, it's a hobby now as well. So to any Newbies, good luck, have fun, and listen to the "seniors" they have a lot of knowledge to pass on!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the forum. Vape on ;<))

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
welcome to VU and i enjoyed your story, lili :)

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome Lili! A lot of us got started with cig-alikes. When I switched from the coffin nails to vaping, cartomizers were just starting to come out. Took me a couple years before I bought some good equipment. When I began vaping, most of the stuff was high priced junk.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
I've found this place to have contest, sales,information, and some crazy(good thing crazy) people.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Represent! There was a time I didn't think I'd be around this long. Now, I've stopped smoking and who knows when "middle age" starts.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I had a similar experience as your Daughter.
I went in the hospital in August 2012 for around 2 1/2 weeks but couldn't walk anywhere because I was there for my hip.
I was on the patch anyway and picked up a cheap no name brand cigalike figuring i'd be sneaky.
I hid it in my netbook case. I was just on the patch the first week because I really wasn't doing too much moving around.
I mostly used it at night to take the edge off and be able to relax enough to sleep.
After the 2nd night of using it and knowing I would be laid up at home for a pretty long period of time I went online and ordered a kit from Totally wicked.
The kit was there when I got home and I haven't smoked a cigarette since.

Welcome to the forum :)

Zazoie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great story lili! I am new here too but welcome to the VU!

VU Sponsors