Become a Patron!

Glycerol is vegetable glycerin yes?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people.

My VG finally turned up, but it is a different brand. It is pharmacuetical grade and called 'glycerol', with a warning on incase of inhalation go outside ETC but it is from the same company I get my PG from, and that has the same warning. I guess they are put on all bottles.

I have googled, and it appears glycerol is vegetable glycerin, but I want to make sure 100% as I do not want to accidently inhale something that is not meant for inhaling.

Every source I can find says glycerol is vegetable glycerin, but I want to check here also, just in case.

I am going to make some up now, so if anyone could answer quick that would be great.

Thank you, Conan.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would use only what says vegetable glycerin when making juices, so for me I would not use glycerol

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Other than PG, I do not think VG is specifically labeled for inhalation.

And as Whiskey said, I probably would NOT use it.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I did a lot of research on Vegetable Glycerine. I found that all USP (United States Pharmacy) grade Glycerine is 100% vegatable Glycerine. It cannot carry a USP on the lable if it is not. Its all made by the same company in the US, Herco. I corrosponded with a chemist, and 2 Pharmacists. If in doubt, always ask a Pharma.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
`Found out it is perfectly fine, spoke to the company and it is just a general warning on all bottles. It IS vegetable glycerin, which is also known as glycerol.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did a lot of research on Vegetable Glycerine. I found that all USP (United States Pharmacy) grade Glycerine is 100% vegatable Glycerine. It cannot carry a USP on the lable if it is not. Its all made by the same company in the US, Herco. I corrosponded with a chemist, and 2 Pharmacists. If in doubt, always ask a Pharma.
I'm in the UK so its a bit different over here. But as google shows, glycerol is just another name for vegetable glycerin.

I just double checked on here and the UK forums, the UK forums said fine, but I still contacted the company to make sure. Its because it is pharmacuetical grade (uk) it is called glycerol. The food grade is labelled vegetable glycerin, so its just a higher quality vegetable glycerin.

Tastes lovely too, the ebay listing did say for E cigs, but you have to be careful of what you put in your body.

I didn't want to be 'that man that died by using the wrong ingredients' on the news lol.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
..... If in doubt, always ask a Pharma.

My pharmacist is my best friend lol

It's a race to see who can ask the most questions. He wants to know what I'm mixing. And I want to know if he can get supplies for me.

He is slowly becoming an advocate for Vaping. Although he isn't a smoker. He's seen the effects with me.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My pharmacist is my best friend lol
It's a race to see who can ask the most questions. He wants to know what I'm mixing. And I want to know if he can get supplies for me.
He is slowly becoming an advocate for Vaping. Although he isn't a smoker. He's seen the effects with me.

Fantastic. I know a Pharma who has been a vaper a while, and has started her own juice line. She was saying she knows a Dr. who bought 10 starter kits to give patients. I think we are going to see a lot more of this, because of the change in the UK. Dr's there can now RX Ecigs.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Slightly off topic, but I've noticed that VG has been selling a LOT faster in the local big chain drugstore I use. They are out of stock half the time now. Thats qiite a change from a few months ago, I think this Ecig thing might catch on.......lol

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Slightly off topic, but I've noticed that VG has been selling a LOT faster in the local big chain drugstore I use. They are out of stock half the time now. Thats qiite a change from a few months ago, I think this Ecig thing might catch on.......lol

I can't get VG locally any more. :(

I don't know if they quit carrying it, or its being sold. I order online, or through my pharmacy now. I drove 50 miles to get a liter, the last time I needed it.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fantastic. I know a Pharma who has been a vaper a while, and has started her own juice line. She was saying she knows a Dr. who bought 10 starter kits to give patients. I think we are going to see a lot more of this, because of the change in the UK. Dr's there can now RX Ecigs.
What area of the uk are you in? The RX of Ecigs isn't until May 2016, are they trialling it in your area?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't get VG locally any more. :(

I don't know if they quit carrying it, or its being sold. I order online, or through my pharmacy now. I drove 50 miles to get a liter, the last time I needed it.
I've always bought my PG and VG online. I don't think our pharmacies sell it as a general product you can buy, or at least I have never seen it on display. So I always have used the net. Just getting Pharma grade vegetable glycerin vs food grade was what got me worried, but I know its higher quality than the food grade, so no need to worry really lol!

I did genuinely forget that the USA has the FDA and such who have to approve it, we have something similar, but it was sold as glycerol due to being pharma grade, and vegetable glycerin as food grade. TBH I will use either in future, as they both taste the same, have the same consistency, and are both Vegetable based, not petrochemical based (Even though if it was made from the petrochemical process it is exactly the same compound, but I would feel unsafe vaping a petrol/diesel byproduct, but the petrochem stuff is a LOT more expensive than vegetable based).

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Handy fact: You can use VG to sweeten your foods, and it does not cause plaque or tooth decay like sugar! I've been reading up on it, and all forms of it are non toxic and safe, but I personally will only use vegetable/animal based glycerin vs petro.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've always bought my PG and VG online. I don't think our pharmacies sell it as a general product you can buy, or at least I have never seen it on display.....

I'm old school :/ We used to buy it for Chem experiments in school. It's always been around though. You just may have never noticed it. I've been buying it for years, when I can find it.

I get the weirdest looks when I ask for it in other locations now. Like maybe it's suddenly become a bomb making material, or a controlled substance.

I will tell you this. Vaping HAS had an impact on the price of VG. It's gotten much higher than it was just 5 years ago. Retail has more than doubled in cost.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm old school :/ We used to buy it for Chem experiments in school. It's always been around though. You just may have never noticed it. I've been buying it for years, when I can find it.

I get the weirdest looks when I ask for it in other locations now. Like maybe it's suddenly become a bomb making material, or a controlled substance.

I will tell you this. Vaping HAS had an impact on the price of VG. It's gotten much higher than it was just 5 years ago. Retail has more than doubled in cost.
Are you in the UK too then? I will ask at the chemist tommorow when I pick up my medication, thats a drag having to go there everday to take medication.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
little known fact about VG ,,body builders from arnolds day would drink VG the night before a big competition,,it is a humectant [sp] and sucks the water from your body

I have recently got into building my body up (Not exactly a body builder, but I am getting to a fair size). I have friends/acquaintances that are HUGE, and I do know that for 3 days before a show or competition, the do dehydrate themselves, sometimes to the point of danger so their muscles are much more defined.

I can definitely believe that they drink this, I will ask them, as they are always offering me things and such but I wont take them as I already am on them from my doctor (Sustanon 250, one that they actually use)so I am sure they would have VG, if I ever run low again actually i might be able to get it off a bodybuilding friend lol!

Last edited:
Hi people.

My VG finally turned up, but it is a different brand. It is pharmacuetical grade and called 'glycerol', with a warning on incase of inhalation go outside ETC but it is from the same company I get my PG from, and that has the same warning. I guess they are put on all bottles.

I been trawling the net for local pharmacies that sell pure VG, and they all have in common egregious prices. The best place I have found on purity and cost is vapewild ($4 for 240 ml) and Iherb.com that has a 473 ml bottle at about $6. The vapewild has the added bonus of being guaranteed to be suitable for vaping, although I have a hard time seeing the iherb one at 100% pure being any less suitable.
I just got my first kit today, and the 65/35 juice I got is a bit too throaty for my taste, so I`m in the market for some VG to dilute the PG content.
https://no.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Solutions-Vegetable-Glycerine-16-fl-oz-473-ml/962

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I been trawling the net for local pharmacies that sell pure VG, and they all have in common egregious prices. The best place I have found on purity and cost is vapewild ($4 for 240 ml) and Iherb.com that has a 473 ml bottle at about $6. The vapewild has the added bonus of being guaranteed to be suitable for vaping, although I have a hard time seeing the iherb one at 100% pure being any less suitable.
I just got my first kit today, and the 65/35 juice I got is a bit too throaty for my taste, so I`m in the market for some VG to dilute the PG content.
https://no.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Solutions-Vegetable-Glycerine-16-fl-oz-473-ml/962

I was in a pinch once and found some NOW FOODS VG at my local health food store.
Slightly better price than the pharmacy stuff and it worked just fine.

VU Sponsors